人物:迈克,戴维,钱德勒
事件:得知菲比很有可能答应戴维的求婚,迈克赶去“先下手为强”。
Mike: I have a question I need to ask you.
迈克:我必须问你一句话。
David: I have a question I was2 kinda gonna ask her myself3.
戴维:我自己也有个问题想问她。
Mike: Yeah, I understand, but before you do, she really needs to hear this.
迈克:嗯,我明白,但是在你问之前,她得先听我说完。
David: OK, would4 you care5 for my seat6 as1 well?
戴维:好吧,那你要不要坐在我这儿?
Mike: Actually7 yeah, that'll be great.
迈克:好啊,那太好了。
David: That's fair8; you've had9 a long trip.
戴维:这挺公平的,你刚赶了这么长的路。
Mike: Phoebe, I love you. I mean, I missed you so much these last few10 months and I thought11 we were apart12 for a good reason13, but then I suddenly14 realized15 that there was no reason good enough to keep me from spending the rest of my life16 with you.
迈克:菲比,我爱你。我是说,我这几个月都好想你,我以为我们分开是出于充分的理由,但是后来我突然意识到,没有任何理由能够充分到让我放弃和你共度余生。
David: Kinda stepped17 on the toes of what I was going18 to say.
戴维:我也想这么说来着,你抢了我的话。
Mike: Sorry David, but she really has to know this.
迈克:不好意思,戴维,但是她得知道这些。
David: Alright, but after this I want to see you outside. If the rain stops.
戴维:好吧,但是这事儿之后我得跟你去外面谈谈。如果雨停了的话。
Mike: You're the most incredible19 woman I've ever20 met. How can I lose21 you? Now, I don't actually have a ring...
迈克:你是我遇见过的最不可思议的女人。我怎么能失去你呢?现在,虽然我没有戒指……
David: I have a ring.
戴维:我有戒指。
Chandler: I wouldn't brag22 too much about that thing, big guy23.
钱德勒:我要是你,可不会吹嘘这个,老兄。
Mike: Phoebe, will you marry24 me?
迈克:菲比,你愿意嫁给我吗?
Phoebe: No!
菲比:不愿意!