[ti:UNIT 5 Culture Shapes Us Lesson 37 The Fox and the Stork]
[0:01.152]UNIT 5 第五单元
[0:02.949]Culture Shapes Us 文化塑造我们
[0:05.737]Lesson 37: 第37课:
[0:07.464]The Fox and the Stork 狐狸与白鹳
[0:10.526]THINK ABOUT IT! 想一想!
[0:12.056]· Do you know any stories with animals as characters? · 你知道什么动物人物的故事吗?
[0:16.488]What are they? 是什么?
[0:17.928]· Have you ever been called "rude"? · 你曾被人说“粗鲁”吗?
[0:20.383]When and why? 什么时候?为什么?
[0:22.253]· What foods do the stork and the fox struggle to eat? · 鹳与狐狸不喜欢吃什么?
[0:28.039]At Danny's dinner, Jenny and I didn't like the food. 在丹尼的晚餐上,我和珍尼不喜欢那些食物。
[0:32.033]In this story, the food is fine, but something else is wrong. 在这个故事中,食物是好的,但是别的东西出错了。
[0:37.422]This story comes from an ancient Greek story by Aesop. 这个故事来源于古老的希腊故事《伊索寓言》。
[0:41.742]Aesop left many stories. 伊索留下了很多故事。
[0:44.251]Most of them are about animals, from which you can learn about the society. 大部分故事是关于动物的,从中你可以了解到社会。
[0:50.949]One day, a fox met a stork. 一天,一只狐狸遇见了一只白鹳。
[0:53.764]The stork was different from the other animals that the fox had met. 白鹳与狐狸所见过的其他动物都不同。
[0:57.953]He thought she was wonderful. 他想她真奇妙。
[1:00.157]"Would you like to have dinner with me?" the fox asked. “和我一起吃晚饭好吗?”狐狸问。
[1:04.412]"Yes. It's very kind of you. “可以。你真好。
[1:06.943]When shall I come?" the stork replied. 我应该什么时候来?”白鹳回答道。
[1:10.063]"Please come tomorrow night," the fox said. “请明天晚上来吧。”狐狸说。
[1:13.881]The next day, the fox made some delicious soup. 第二天,狐狸做了一些可口的汤。
[1:17.351]When the stork arrived, she was very hungry. 白鹳到那时,已经非常饿了。
[1:20.929]"Are you ready for dinner?" asked the fox. “准备好吃晚饭了吗?”狐狸问。
[1:24.900]"Certainly," said the stork, who was doing her best to be polite. “当然了,”白鹳说,她尽量使自己礼貌些。
[1:30.006]The fox brought the soup in large, flat bowls. 狐狸用大平碗端来了汤。
[1:34.173]He put the bowls on the table. 他把碗放在桌子上。
[1:36.351]The fox ate his soup quickly. 狐狸很快就喝完了汤。
[1:38.729]The stork, though, could not eat her soup at all. 而白鹳根本就没有喝汤。
[1:41.912]Her beak was too long for the flat bowl. 对于那个平碗来说她的喙太长了。
[1:44.931]"Would you like some more soup?" the fox asked. “想再来点汤吗?”狐狸问。
[1:48.901]"Thank you. I've had enough," the stork answered, politely but sadly. “谢谢,我吃饱了。”白鹳既有礼貌又伤心地回答。
[1:55.023]"Don't you like soup?" the fox asked, surprised. “你不喜欢这个汤吗?”狐狸吃惊地问道。
[1:59.387]"Yes, I love soup," said the stork. “不,我喜欢这个汤,”白鹳说。
[2:03.249]"That's strange! You've hardly eaten anything!" said the fox. “很奇怪!你几乎什么都没吃!”狐狸说,
[2:08.202]"Well, I'm still hungry." “嗯,我还是很饿。”
[2:10.580]And very rudely, he ate another bowl of soup. 他非常粗鲁地又喝了一碗汤。
[2:14.115]Finally, the stork said, "Fox, thank you for cooking this delicious meal. 最后,白鹳说:“狐狸,感谢你做了这么美味的一顿饭。
[2:19.308]Please come to my home tomorrow, and I will cook a meal for you." 请明天来我家,我也为你做一顿饭。”
[2:23.191]"Fine!" said the fox. “好啊!”狐狸说。
[2:25.242]He felt happy. 他感到很高兴。
[2:27.577]The next day, the fox went to the stork's house. 第二天,狐狸去了白鹳家。
[2:31.068]The stork had made some delicious noodles. 白鹳做了一些好吃的面条。
[2:33.926]The fox could smell them as he came into her house. 狐狸在进她家时就闻到了味道。
[2:37.832]"Would you like something to drink?" the stork asked the fox. “想喝点什么吗?”白鹳问狐狸。
[2:41.629]"I have made some nice, hot tea." “我泡了一些不错的热茶。”
[2:44.705]The fox, who didn't like tea, said "Just a little, please." 不喜欢茶的狐狸说:“请来一点点。”
[2:50.182]He was doing his best to be polite. 他尽力表现得礼貌些。
[2:52.909]The stork brought the tea. 白鹳端来了茶。
[2:54.677]"The noodles are almost ready," she said. “面条快好了,”她说,
[2:57.469]"I will bring them." “我会端来的。”
[2:59.389]The stork fetched two tall, thin jars. 白鹳端来了两只高高的细细的坛子。
[3:03.382]"There are your noodles," she said. “这是你的面条,”她说。
[3:06.546]The stork stuck her long beak into her jar and ate happily. 白鹳把她的长喙伸进坛中高兴地吃起来。
[3:11.281]The fox, though, couldn't eat any noodles at all. 而狐狸根本没有吃面条。
[3:14.837]His nose was too short for the jar. 对于那坛子来说他的鼻子太短了。
[3:17.805]He could only smell the delicious food, down at the bottom. 他只能闻到坛底美味的食物。
[3:21.536]Finally, the stork spoke. 最终,白鹳说话了。
[3:23.281]"I know you are hungry, fox. “狐狸,我知道你饿了。
[3:25.442]But I am not sorry," she said. 但是我并不感到抱歉,”她说。
[3:27.885]"When I came to your house last night, you did not make me welcome. “当我昨晚到你家时,你没有使我感到受欢迎。
[3:32.489]You didn't regard me as a guest. 你没有把我当作一个客人。
[3:34.911]I was polite, but you were not." 我很礼貌,但是你却没有。”
[3:37.900]"Stork, I am sorry. “白鹳,我很抱歉。
[3:40.584]I didn't realize that my ways were not your ways." 我没有意识到适合我的方式却不适合你。”
[3:44.904]The fox felt bad. 狐狸感觉糟糕极了。
[3:46.977]"That's okay," the stork said. “没关系,”白鹳说,
[3:49.574]"We can still be friends. “我们还是朋友。
[3:51.210]But from now on, let's help each other." 但是从现在起,我们要互相帮助。”
[3:54.134]"I promise!" said the fox. "May I please have a plate now? “我保证!”狐狸说,“现在我可以用一个盘子吗?
[3:58.377]These noodles smell wonderful." 这些面条闻起来棒极了。”
[4:00.929]"Certainly," said the stork. “当然可以,”白鹳说。
[4:00.929]
[4:00.929]
[4:00.929] |