断网时打发时间的十大妙招(在线收听) |
[1]Pretended to work假装在工作 "Well, you could just sit at your desk and go to sleep with a pen in your hand. "
额, 只能坐在办公椅上,手里拿着一支笔打盹。
[2] Searched for cat pictures ... but not online
找猫咪的图片,但不是在网上搜
"I flipped through magazines looking for funny pictures of cats doing funny things."
我翻翻杂志,挑那些滑稽猫咪的图片。
[3] Daydream做白日梦
"Honestly? Stare out of the window and daydream. I had so many more good ideas back then."
老实说,(无聊时)就凝视着窗外幻想。回到办公室后我会文思泉涌。
[4] Sent prank faxes to other offices向其他办公室发恶作剧传真
"We'd send a filthy
fax to some of the other companies. And receive some of the filthiest jokes and drawings back. Some of them ended up on the wall in the copy room."
我们给其他公司发污秽照片,接着会收到黄色笑话或者图片。最终有些就被贴在复印室了。
[5] Played Minesweeper and Solitaire扫雷和纸牌游戏
"There was no internet but thanks to Windows 95, I played Solitaire and Minesweeper all day long."
虽然不能上网,但幸亏Windows 95里我还可以玩扫雷和纸牌游戏,这个可以耗掉一整天。
[6] Invented and Played Office Games自创办公室游戏
We spent many hours playing 'shelf-ball。
我们会花很多时间玩一种叫做“架子球”的游戏。
Equipment:
所需器材:
- Tennis Ball
网球
- Mailboxes
邮箱盒子
Rules:游戏规则
- The ball must bounce
球必须得弹起来
- You get 1 point for making it in any mailbox
球落到任意邮箱里,得1分。
- You get 2 points for making it in a corner mailbox
落到角落的盒子里,得2分。
- You lose 1 point for making it in your boss' or opponent's mailbox
落到老板或者对手的盒子里,扣1分。
- You get 3 points for making it in your own mailbox
落到自己的邮箱里,得3分。
- First person to get 5 points wins"
最先积满5分者获胜。
[7] Read junk mail
查看垃圾邮件
"I talk to my older co-workers about this a lot. You know all that mail you get -- magazines, trade publications, seminar sign ups, etc. -- that you just throw in the trash every day? Before the internet you would sit around and read that s--t."
我常和老员工谈起这个。经常会收到有关杂志、商业报刊、研讨会申请等等的垃圾邮件。你都丢到垃圾筒了?断网无所事事时,你可以看看这些邮件。
[8] Took long lunches
延长中餐时间
[9] Took more smoke breaks
多抽几根烟休息下
[10] Went home early
提前下班回家 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/157894.html |