金融英语考试口语复习指导:日元兑换美元(在线收听

   日元兑换美元

  Situation 23
  情景 23
  Goro Watanable is leaving for the United States and wants tobuy some American dollars before he goes 。
  渡边五郎准备前往美国,想在临走前买些美元。
  Watanable:I am leaving for the States tomorrow and will need some dollar currency with me whenI arrive 。
  渡边:我准备明天启程去美国,在到达那里时,我需要随身带些美钞,
  Can I get it here ?
  我能在这里买到美元吗?
  Clerk:Yes,sir.How much did you want to buy ?
  职员:可以,先生,你想买多少?
  W;Well,I think about $100 worth .I get traveller’s checks the other day ,but I don’t want to arrivein American without any cash 。
  渡边:哦,我想要100美元左右。前几天我已经办理了旅游支票,但是,我不想在到达美国时手头无现金。
  It’s a real problem cashing a traveller’s check when the airport is crowded 。
  机场上非常拥挤的时候,兑现旅游支票是件很麻烦的事。
  C:Yes ,that’s true .Please fill out this request for foreign currency .On the purpose line ,just indicatetravel.
  职员:的确是这样。请您填写一下外币申请表,在目的那一栏上只需说明旅游就可以了。
  W:What’s the exchange rate today ?I can’t understand this chart you have here 。
  渡边:今天的兑换率是多少?我看不明白你们的这张图表。
  C:The figure under the listing for spot rate selling is the one you want 。
  职员:在现货兑换率卖出的编目底下的那个数字就是您所需要的数字,
  That means that rate for immediate delivery of cash 。
  它指的是现金的立即交付兑换率。
  W;How come this so confusing ?What are these other rates listed?
  渡边:怎么这么令人费解呢?表中所列出的另外的那些兑换率是怎么回事?
  C:Well,the rate is different for different kinds of transaction 。
  职员:哦,不同种类的交易有不同的兑换率,
  For example ,we don’t buy or sell checks for the same rate as cash because of the transit timeinvolved 。
  比如,我们买进或卖出支票与买进或卖出现金使用不同的兑换率,因为这里涉及到转寄时间的问题。
  W:I remember one bank said over-the -counter rate.Is that the same?
  渡边:我记得有家银行说过柜台兑换率,它与现货兑换率意思一样吗?
  C:It’s the same as the spot rate for small transactions for the gengeral public 。
  职员:一般讲柜台兑换率与小规模交易的现货兑换率意思相同。
  Some banks call it the over-the -counter rate for convenience 。
  某些银行为方便起见,就称后者为柜台兑换率。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/170386.html