金融英语口语考试复习指导:特种储蓄章程(在线收听) |
Special Savings Plans 特种储蓄章程
Situation 21
情景 21
Sally Berklin wants information about the Savings Bond plan atthe First National Bank.
萨利·伯克兰在第一国民银行想得知一些有关储蓄债券章程的信息,
She is talking to the manager of the Savings Department 。
她正在和储蓄部门经理谈话。
Berklin:What do you mean about the Savings Bond plan?Is it possible for me to use that type ofaccount ,too?
伯克兰:您所说的储蓄债券章程是什么意思?我是否也能使用这种帐户呢?
Manager:Yes,of course .We offer it to all our customers.Our Savings Bond program offers ourhighest rate of interest for long-term savers.
经理:当然可以,我们向所有顾客提供这种帐户。我们的储蓄债券章程对长期存款储户提供最高利率。
Actually ,they are certificates of deposit for maturities of six to ten years ,
实际上它们是定期为6到10年的存单,
and are available in any amount from $5,000 to $100,000.
存款额从5,000美元到100,000美元的任何定期存单。
B:Oh,they are only for people with lots of money 。
伯克兰:哦,这个章程只是为那些很有钱的人设立的。
M:Well ,actually you’d be surprised at the number of middle-income people who use this program,especially retired people.
经理:实际上,相当多的中等收入的人特别是退休的人都用这种章程,您会对其使用人数之多感到惊奇。
You see ,we pay accumulated interest by bank check every quarter.
您看,我们每个委度都以银行支票的形式向顾客支付累计利息,
So they are almost like an investment plan 。
因此,这些存款几乎就是一笔投资规划。
B:That sounds very nice.But what if I have to cash in the Savings Bond before maturity?
伯克兰:听起来真不错,但是如果我不得不提前兑现储蓄债券怎么办?
M;Well,unfortunately ,you would incur a penalty ,as with any premature cancellation of a timedeposit 。
经理:很遗憾,就象提前支取定期存款一样,您得接受一定罚款。
But we encourage customers not to buy Savings Bonds unless they are reasonably sure they canhold them until matuity 。
但是,我们希望顾客们十分确信有把握直到期满才支取存款,再来购买储蓄债券。
B;They sound like an excellent investment idea,especially the advantage of receiving earnedinterest every three months 。
伯克兰:听起来这是个极好的投资办法,特别是每3个月就能得到利息的好处。
I’ll consider placing some of my savings in Savings Bonds as soon as I save enough.
等我把钱攒够了,我马一考虑把我的一部分积蓄换成储蓄债券。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/170391.html |