简单的英语口语对话(在线收听

 简单的英语口语对话

 
 
Visit friends
作客
情景对话1:
 
 
玛丽打电话找汤姆,邀请他参加为吉姆举行的惊喜生日晚会。 
 
Tom: (Answering the phone)Hello?
(接电话)喂?
Mary: Hello. May I speak to Tom please?
喂,我找汤姆。
Tom: Speaking.
请讲。
Mary: Hi, Tom, this is Mary. Im a friend of Jims.
汤姆,我是玛丽,吉姆的朋友。
Tom: Hi, Mary. Jim has told me about you. Whats up?
你好,玛丽。吉姆提起过你,有什么事吗?
Mary: Today is Jims birthday and were having a party for him tonight. Do you think you could come?
今天是吉姆的生日,今晚我们想为他开个生日聚会,你能不能来?
Tom: Oh, I didnt know it was his birthday today. Sure. Id love to come. What time and where?
哦,我还不知道今天是他生日。我当然乐意去,时间、地点呢?
Mary: Well, were all meeting at Jims neighbors apartment at about seven thirty. Its at 789 Peace Street, Apartment 3.
好,我们打算7点半左右在他的邻居家碰面。地点是和平大街789号,3号公寓。
Tom: Ill be there. Do you want me to bring something?
我会去的,你想让我带点什么来吗?
Mary: Bring some flowers if you can.
如果可以,带一些花吧。
Tom: No problem. See you tonight.
没问题,晚上见。 
 
Notes:
Appropriate gift
和中国人一样,在英、美、加等讲英语的国家,人们在拜访朋友或看望亲人时,比较重视用礼品表示礼节但礼品不一定贵重,具有特色就行,这是一条普遍适用的原则。在这一点上,和中国人送礼显然有些区别。一般来说,送鲜花、名酒、化妆品、录音带或唱片都是很合适的礼品,自己做的果酱、自己养的花、亲手做的生日贺卡、亲手烤制的食品也都是很好的礼品,而且更有意义。 
 
 
礼品的价钱不重要,但礼品的包装很重要。礼品一般以交给女主人为宜。接受礼品时,人们习惯当场打开。要在打开礼
品后马上表示欣赏和感谢,否则就是不礼貌。 
 
情景对话 2:
 
 
山姆请亚当去他家吃烤肉。 
 
Sam: Say, Adam, Im having a barbecue at my house on December 13th. Would you like to come?
我说,亚当,我12月13号请大伙儿来我家烤肉。你要不要来呀?
Adam: The 13th? Let me check. (looking at his pocket calendar) Sure, I can make it.
13号吗?让我看看。(看一看小记事本)没问题,我能来。
Sam: Great! Come any time after seven oclock.
太好了。七点钟过后,什么时候都成。
Adam: Sounds great! Can I bring anything?
好极了!你要我带点什么来吗?
Sam: Nope. Just yourself. Ill give you directions to my house later.
不用了。你自己来就好了。我晚一点再告诉你怎么到我家。
Adam: Fine.
好的。
Sam: Im glad you can come.
很高兴你能来。
Adam: Thanks. Im looking forward to it.
谢谢你的邀请,我正期待着那一天呢。
Sam: Well, I should be going. Ill talk to you later.
那么,我得走了。再聊。
Adam: Yeah. See you.
好的,回头见。 
 
Notes:
在英美等西方国家,邀请有书面邀请和口头邀请两种形式。前者指通过发送请柬或写信进行的邀请,后者指打电话或当面以口头形式进行的邀请。书面邀请比较正式,口头邀请比较随便。听到别人的口头邀请,千万不要主动去问“什么时候”或“在什么地方”,除非你确认邀请方不是在应酬你,而是真的想邀请你。 
 
应邀参加聚会或是吃饭的时候,通常应问主人:Can I bring anything? 如果是和朋友相聚的非正式场合,主人可能会请客人带一瓶葡萄酒或几罐啤酒。 
 
常用句型:
 
 
Im going to play with a group of friends. Would you like to join us?
Do you want me to bring something?
Uh, are you going to be busy this evening?
Do you have time to go to...?
How about coming to...?
Thanks. That sounds like fun.
Thank you. Thats very nice of you.
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/178877.html