奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统庆祝夏季奥运会召开(在线收听

Hi, everybody.

嗨,大家好。

Today, I want to take a break from the back-and-forth of campaign season, and talk about something that's brought us all together this week—the Summer Olympics.

今天,我想在你争我夺的竞选季中稍作休息,谈谈这个星期我们都在关注的事情—夏季奥林匹克运动会。

These games remind us that for all our differences, we're Americans first.

这一盛会提醒我们,尽管我们彼此存在各种各样的不同,但首当其冲的是我们是美国人。

And we could not be prouder of the men and women representing our country in London, in both the Olympics and in the Paralympics.

我们为在伦敦代表我们参加奥运会和残奥会的所有男女运动员同胞们感到无比自豪。

Last weekend, Michelle led the American delegation to London and reaffirmed the special relationship we share with our strongest ally, Great Britain.

上周,米歇尔带领美国代表团抵达伦敦,与我们最强有力的盟友英国重申了我们特殊的关系。

She met with the Queen, and with Prime Minister Cameron's wife, Samantha.

她会见了英国女王以及卡梅伦总理的妻子萨曼塔。

She spent some time thanking our brave service members and military families.

而且她还向我们英勇的将士们和军属家庭送去了慰问。

And, of course, she took in as many events as she could to cheer on our athletes.

当然,她会尽可能的观看比赛项目,为我们的运动员们呐喊助威。

I've got to admit I was a little jealous she got to go.

我得承认有点嫉妒她这份美差。

But like many of you, I caught as many events as I could, jumping off the couch for a close race, or a perfect vault.

但与你们很多人一样,我也会尽可能多的关注比赛,一有机会就会跃入沙发中观看激烈的田径赛事或是完美跳马。

I watched the wonderful young women of our gymnastics team recapture the team gold for America, and I was filled with pride watching Gabby Douglas win the all-around gold with incredible poise and grace.

我观看了优秀的年轻女子体操队姑娘们再次为美国捧得团体金牌,并且充满自豪的看到戈比·道格拉斯以不可思议的稳定发挥和优雅表现获得个人全能金牌。

I watched our swimmers win a haul of medals, and Michael Phelps become the most decorated Olympic athlete of all time.

我观看了我们游泳健儿们收获很多奖牌的比赛,而且迈克尔·菲尔普斯成为了奥运会历史上最棒的运动员。

I saw our women's soccer team power through the competition.

我还看了女足姑娘们在激烈的竞争中强势晋级。

And I'm just as proud of all our athletes in sports that don't always get as much attention.

我也为那些运动员们在平时获得较少关注项目中的优异表现感到自豪。

The U.S. women's eight continued its rowing dominance with another gold medal.

美国女子八人赛艇项目争夺中我们占据优势摘得另外一枚金牌。

Kayla Harrison won America's first-ever gold medal in Judo, and Marti Malloy won a bronze.

凯拉·哈里森获得美国历史上的首枚柔道金牌,而马蒂·马洛伊获得铜牌。

Kim Rhode became the first American to win individual medals in five straight Olympics with her gold in skeet shooting; and her teammate, Army Sergeant Vincent Hancock, won his second skeet gold.

金·罗德获得女子双向飞碟射击金牌,成为美国历史上首位在奥运会该项目中获得5枚个人奖牌的运动员,她的队友,陆军中士文森特·汉考克获得他的第2枚男子双向飞碟金牌。

I also thought of the truly difficult journeys that many of our athletes have made.

我也回忆起许多运动员们所经历的坎坷。

Some have faced personal loss, or beaten cancer.

有些人曾经面对个人失败、或者与癌症抗争。

Some have worked long shifts at multiple jobs to feed their Olympic dream.

有些人在多个岗位来回奔波,只为实现他们的奥运梦想。

And some have done the impossible.

还有些人完成了不可能完成的任务。

Less than four years ago, Bryshon Nellum was shot three times in his legs.

不到四年以前,布莱森·内拉姆腿部三次中枪,

But this week, he'll run the 400 meters.

但这个星期他将参加男子400米的比赛。

And as a boy, Lopez Lomong fled war and persecution and life as a refugee—one of the “Lost Boys” of Sudan.

作为苏丹“迷失男孩”的其中一员,男孩子洛佩兹·罗蒙经历了战乱、迫害和难民人生。

Today's he's an American—and representing his country at the Olympics for the second time.

但今时今日他已经是一名美国人,代表着他的国家第二次出现在奥运会赛场上。

So it's no surprise America is vying for the top of the medal count.

毋庸置疑美国将获得奖牌榜的首位。

But it's not the medal count alone that inspires us—most of our athletes won't claim a medal at all.

但激励我们的不仅仅是奖牌数量,因为大多数的运动员不会获得奖牌。

It's the character of the men and women who compete for those medals.

激励我们的是为了这些奖牌参加比赛的男女运动员们的意志品质,

It's their hard work and sacrifice—the countless hours in the gym, in the pool, on the track.

是他们的努力付出和自我牺牲,在训练房、游泳池、在赛道上数不清的分分秒秒,

It's their dogged perseverance and unyielding determination, through disappointment and triumph alike.

激励我们的是他们经历过大起大落后不屈不挠的毅力和永不言弃的决心。

It's that unconquerable spirit—that American spirit—that says even though we may have very different stories to tell;

正是这一不可征服的精神—这一美国精神,见证了即便我们阶层不同,

even though we may not look alike or talk alike or be dealt the same hand in life—if we work hard, we can achieve our dreams.

即便我们长相不同、说话不同,但面对生活中同样的挑战,只要我们努力,就能够实现自己的梦想。

We can make it if we try.

只要我们努力,就一定会成功。

We are one people, with common values and ideals; we celebrate individual excellence,

我们是一个有着共同的价值观和理想并且为每个个人成就而欢呼的整体,

but recognize that only together can we accomplish great and important things we cannot accomplish alone.

但同时我们也认识到只有团结起来我们才能完成一个人无法完成的伟大而重要的事情。

That's why we watch.

这就是我们观看比赛的原因。

That's why we cheer.

这就是我们欢呼庆祝的原因。

That's why we come together, for two weeks in summer, and swell with pride at the incredible things our fellow citizens can do.

这就是夏天的这两个星期里,我们走到一起,为我们的同胞们完成的不可思议的举动而倍感骄傲的原因。

So to all our Olympic and Paralympic athletes—whether you've already competed or have yet to compete—your country could not be prouder of you.

我们所有的参加奥运会和残奥会运动员们,无论你们已经完成或即将完成比赛,你们的国家都为你们感到自豪。

Thank you for presenting the best of America to the rest of the world.

感谢你们代表美国的最高水平与世界上其他国家的运动员们同场竞技。

And, thank you for becoming new role models to our children—mine included—and inspiring them to believe that if they work hard and do their best, they can achieve great things, too.

同时也感谢你们为我们的孩子们树立新的榜样,当然也包括我的孩子,激励他们,让他们认识到只要努力付出,尽自己最大努力,也能实现伟大的目标。

Go get ‘em this week, Team USA.

美国队,加油!

We can't wait to welcome you home.

我们期待着你们得胜而归。

God bless you, and God bless America.

愿上帝保佑你们,愿上帝保佑美国。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/obamadsjh/236402.html