奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统在巴格拉姆空军基地对士兵们的讲话(在线收听

It is good to be back here with all of you.

很高兴能与大家相聚在这里。

I’ve got a few acknowledgments I’ve got to make before I say what I’ve got to say.

在我发言之前我不得不进行一些确认。

First of all, somebody who has served our country with the kind of distinction that doesn’t happen a lot, somebody who has been a leader for you and a leader for our country for a very long time -- give your commander,General John Allen, a big, big round of applause.

首先,是一位用荣誉效忠我们的国家的人,而这并不多见,这个人为一直是你们的领导,而且很长一段时间内也是我们国家的领导——向你们的指挥官约翰?艾伦,致以热烈、非常热烈的掌声。

We also have somebody who is John’s partner on the civilian side and has made extraordinary sacrifices, first in Iraq, now in Afghanistan -- Ambassador Ryan Crocker is here.

我们也有某人,曾经是约翰的伙伴,首先是在伊拉克,现在是在阿富汗以文官的身份做出了很大的牺牲——大使雷恩?克罗克就在这里。

Please give him a big round of applause.

请也向他致以热烈的掌声。


All right, now, let me just see if I’ve got this right.

好的,现在,让我就来看看我是否说的对。

We’ve got the First Infantry Division in the house.

这间屋子中有我们的第一步兵师。

We’ve got the 455th Air Expeditionary Wing.

有我们的第455空中远征翼。

We’ve got the Task Force Muleskinner.

有我们的穆勒斯齐纳特遣部队。

We’ve got the 101st Army Field Sustainment Brigade.

有我们的101野战保障旅。

We’ve got Task Force Paladin in the house.

在这间屋子中有我们的圣骑士特遣部队。

And we’ve got Task Force Defender in the house.

有我们的防御者特遣部队。

And we’ve got me in the house.

我自己也身在其中。

Eighty-second in the house -- 82nd in the house.

在屋子中有82人。

You know, somebody is going to be in trouble that they didn’t have 82nd on here.

你知道,有人要有麻烦了,他们没有在这里排名第82位。

Anybody else I’m missing?

还有我错过的人吗?

There you go. All right.

我们开始。好的。

I love all of you.

我爱你们所有的人。

Now, listen, I’m not going to give a long speech.

现在,听着,我不打算发表长篇大论。

I’m going to have the opportunity to address the nation from Bagram just in a little bit, and it’s going to be broadcast back home during primetime.

我将有机会只是从巴拉格姆讲一点点这个国家,而且在回家的时候也会在黄金时段播放。

So all I want to do is just say thank you.

所以我想做的只是说谢谢你们。

The sacrifices all of you have made, the sacrifices your families make every single day are what make America free and what make America secure.

所有你们所做的牺牲,你们的家人牺牲的每一天都使美国自由而且让美国的安全。

And I know that sometimes, out here, when you’re in theater, it’s not clear whether folks back home fully appreciate what’s going on.

我知道,有时,如果不在这里,当你在剧院的时候,现在还不清楚人们回家时是否完全理解发生了什么。

And let’s face it, a lot of times it’s easier to get bad news on the news than good news.

让我们面对这个问题,很多时候坏消息比好消息更容易得到。

But here’s the good news, and here’s part of the reason that I’m here.

但现在是好消息,这是我在这里的一部分原因。

I just finished signing a Strategic Partnership Agreement with Afghanistan that signals the transition in which we are going to be turning over responsibility for Afghan security to the Afghans.

我刚与阿富汗签订完战略合作协议,这标志着为了阿富汗安全,我们将责任移交给阿富汗。

We're not going to do it overnight.

我们不会一夜之间完成的。

We're not going to do it irresponsibly.

我们不会去不负责任的去做。

We're going to make sure that the gains, the hard-fought gains that have been made are preserved.

我们要确保那确实行之有效,所取得的来之不易的成果被保留下来。

But the reason we're able to do that is because of you.

但我们之所以能够这样做是因为你们。

The reason that the Afghans have an opportunity for a new tomorrow is because of you.

阿富汗人有新的明天的机会是因为你们。

And the reason America is safe is because of you.

美国安全的原因也是因为你们。

We did not choose this war. This war came to us on 9/11.

我们并没有主动选择这场战争。这场战争因9/11而起让我们无从选择。

And there are a whole bunch of folks here, I'll bet, who signed up after 9/11.

还有一大堆人在这里,我打赌,是在9/11后入伍的。

We don't go looking for a fight.

我们不会去主动寻找战斗。

But when we see our homeland violated, when we see our fellow citizens killed, then we understand what we have to do.

但当我们看到我们的国家遭到亵渎,当我们看到我们的公民死亡,然后我们知道我们需要做什么。

And because of the sacrifices now of a decade, and a new Greatest Generation, not only were we able to blunt the Taliban momentum, not only were we able to drive al Qaeda out of Afghanistan, but slowly and systematically we have been able to decimate the ranks of al Qaeda, and a year ago we were able to finally bring Osama bin Laden to justice.

由于现在十多年的牺牲及一个新的伟大的一代,我们不仅能够削弱塔利班的势头,我们还能让“基地”组织离开阿富汗,但慢慢地、系统地我们已经能够削弱基地组织的的等级,而一年前我们还能够最终把奥萨马?本?拉登绳之以法。

That could have only happened because each and every one of you, in your own way, were doing your jobs.

那些能够发生的唯一原因是你们每一个人,你们以自己的方式,做好属于你们自己的工作。

Each and every one of you -- without a lot of fanfare, without a lot of fuss -- you did your jobs.

你们每一个人——没有浮夸,没有抱怨,你们就是做你们的工作。

No matter how small or how big, you were faithful to the oath that you took to protect this nation.

不管多么渺小或是多么庞大,你都们忠于自己的誓言保护着这个国家。

And your families did their job -- supporting you and loving you and remembering you and being there for you.

你们的家庭也在做他们的工作——支持你们,爱你们,将你们铭记在心并永远是你们的坚强后盾。

And so, together, you guys represent what is best in America.

因此,一起,你们这些人代表着美国最好的。

And you're part of a long line of those who have worn this uniform to make sure that we are free and secure, to make sure that those of us at home have the capacity to live our lives.

你们是那一长排人中穿这件制服的一部分,确保着我们的自由和安全,确保这些人在家里有能力过我们的生活。

And when you're missing a birthday or you're missing a soccer game or when you're missing an anniversary, and those of us back home are able to enjoy it, it's because of you.

当你错过了一次生日,你错过一场足球比赛或你错过一次周年聚会,我们回家后就能够享受,而这些权因为你们。

And I'm here to tell you, everybody in America knows that.

我来这里是告诉你们,每个美国人都了解这些。

And everybody in America appreciates it.

在美国,每个人都充满感激。

And everybody in America honors it.

在美国,每个人都以此为荣。

And when the final chapter of this war is written, historians will look back and say, not only was this the greatest fighting force in the history of the world, but all of you also represented the values of America in an exemplary way.

当战争的最后一章被谱写,历史学家回顾并会言道: 在世界的历史长河中这不仅是最伟大的战斗力量,而且你们所有人也代表着美国价值观的一种模范方式。

I could not be prouder of you.

我可能不会因为是你们自己而感到那种自豪。

And I want you to understand, I know it's still tough.

但我想让你们知道,我知道前方道路仍很艰难。

I know the battle is not yet over.

我知道战斗尚未结束。

Some of your buddies are going to get injured, and some of your buddies may get killed.

你们的一些朋友已经负伤, 你们的一些朋友已经为国捐躯。

And there’s going to be heartbreak and pain and difficulty ahead.

悲伤,痛苦和困难永远排在首位。

But there’s a light on the horizon because of the sacrifices you’ve made.

因为你们已经做出的巨大的牺牲,在地平线上有一道亮光。

And that’s the reason why for Michelle and me nothing is more important than looking after your families while you’re here.

那就是为什么米歇尔和我认为当你们在这里的时候照顾你们的家庭是更重要的原因。

And I want everybody here to know that when you get home, we are going to be there for you when you’re in uniform and we will stay there for you when you’re out of uniform.

我希望这里的每个人知道当你回家的时候, 当你穿着制服时,我们将会守候你;当你脱下制服时,我们仍然将在那里守候你。

Because you’ve earned it; you earned a special place in our hearts.

为你们当之无愧,你们在我们心中处于一个特别的位置。

And I could not be prouder to be your Commander-in-Chief.

我可能不会因为是你们的总司令而感到那种骄傲。

God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

上帝保佑你们,上帝保佑美利坚合众国。

Now I want to shake some hands.

现在我想要跟诸位将士们握握手。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/obamadsjh/236550.html