英国人常说套话集合(在线收听

   对于老外,听到这些话,可能会觉得反感。但是,对于中国人,不妨好好学一下,偶尔用用,反而能增进语感,让native speaker刮目相看。

  1. At the end of the day 最终;总的来说
  Sure we missed our best player but at the end of the day, John, we just didn't play well enough to win the game.
  我们最好的选手不能上场,但是最终来说,还是因为我们发挥得不好,所以无法赢得比赛。
  2. Fairly unique 相当独特(这个短语属于过度修饰,语义不清)
  I am looking for a fairly unique piece of technology.
  我在寻找一种独特的技术。
  3. I personally 我个人(这个短语属于同义重复)
  I personally don't like her.
  我不喜欢她。
  4. At this moment in time 此刻(这个短语也属于语义重复)
  What's your favorite song right at this moment in time?
  此刻你最喜欢的歌是什么?
  5. With all due respect 恕我直言;冒昧的说;我并不想冒犯
  With all due respect, I think there are some facts you have not considered.
  恕我直言,我想你忽略了一些事实。
  6. Absolutely 绝对
  It is absolutely impossible.
  绝对不可能。
  7. It's a nightmare 一场噩梦;太糟糕了
  For Publishing, It's a Nightmare Before Christmas.
  对于出版业来说,圣诞节前发生的事情就像一场噩梦。
  8. Shouldn't of 这个短语等于shouldn't have,意为“不应该”,从语法看,是不正确的,但是在口头表达中经常使用。
  I shouldn't of had the beer!
  我不该喝啤酒
  9. 24/7 不间断的;全天候的
  24/7 support is a critical part of our offer.
  一周7天,每天24小时的售后服务,是我们最重要的承诺。
  10. It's not rocket science 显而易见的;常见的;另一种说法是it doesn't take a rocket scientist
  We're talking basic common sense here - it isn't rocket science.
  我们在这里说的是常识,又不是高深莫测的东西。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/yyky2/237322.html