英语小达人 264 I Didn't Get Any Money This Time(在线收听

   I Didn't Get Any Money This Time

  我这次没钱了
  A man in a bar sees a friend at a table, drinking by himself.
  一个人去酒吧,看到一个朋友独自一人坐在桌旁喝酒。
  Approaching the friend he comments, "You look terrible. What's the problem?"
  他走上前去,问道:“你看上去很不好,出什么事了?”
  "My mother died in November," he said, "and left me $50,000."
  “11月我妈妈去世了,”他的朋友答道,“留给我5万块钱。”
  "Gee, that's tough," he replied.
  “哎呀,太不幸了。”
  "Then in December," the friend continued, "My father died, leaving me $98,000."
  “跟着12月我的父亲又去世了,留给我9万8千块钱。”
  "Wow. Two parents gone in two months. No wonder you're depressed."
  “天哪,双亲在两个月内相继去世,难怪你这么消沉。”
  "And last month my aunt died, and left me $20,000."
  “上个月我姑姑去世了,留给我2万块钱。”
  "Three close family members lost in three months? How sad."
  “三个月里失去三位近亲?这太令人伤心了。”
  "Then this month," continued the friend, "absolutely nothing!"
  “可是这个月,”他的朋友接着说道,“什么也没有了。”
  重点讲解:
  1. what's the problem
  口语常用;表示怎么了;有什么问题;
  eg. Why not? What's the problem? Did you have a fight?
  为什么?发生什么事了?你跟她吵架了?
  eg. What's the problem with you folks?
  朋友你有什么吗?
  eg. Stop beating around the bush and talk to me. What's the problem.
  别和我绕圈子了,有什么问题,直说吧。
  2. no wonder
  (表示找出某事的原因)难怪,怪不得;
  eg. No wonder my brother wasn't feeling well.
  难怪我兄弟感觉不舒服了。
  eg. Brad was Jane's brother! No wonder he reminded me so much of her!
  布拉德是简的兄弟!怪不得他老是让我想起她呢!
  eg. He had made a thorough investigation. No wonder he knew so much about it.
  他对此事做了彻底的调查,怪不得他了解得那么多。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/241580.html