英语小达人 281 Simple life(在线收听

   Simple life

  简单的生活
  James is a elderly tramp whose life is simple and uncomplicated. One day a wealthy gentleman found him asleep on his front lawn.
  詹姆斯是个老流浪汉,过着简单而常规的生活。一天,一位富有的绅士发现他睡在自家前院的草坪上。
  "Mister," the gengleman said. "This is my property."
  “先生,”绅士说,“这里是我的地方。”
  "I'm sorry," apologized James. "I thought this was a park."
  “对不起,”詹姆斯道歉说,“我还以为这儿是个公园呢。”
  The gentleman, looked sympathetically at the ragged tramp. "Mister, are you happy living this kind of life?"
  绅士同情地看着衣衫褴褛的流浪汉,说:“先生,你觉得过着这样的生活幸福吗?”
  "Sir, money and worldly goods do not make happiness," preached James. "To me happiness is the freedom to roam without the pressures of society, culture, and the economy. The sky is my roof and world is my bed. Give me all this, a piece of bread, a can of baked beans, and my happiness is complete."
  “先生,金钱和那些世俗的东西并不能给人带来幸福,”詹姆斯喋喋不休地说,“对我来说,幸福就是不受社会、文化还有经济困扰地自由自在地漫游。天空是我的房顶,大地就是我的床。给我一片面包、一罐烘豆,我的幸福就十全十美了。”
  "I admire your sincerity," said the gentleman and handed him a hundred dollar bill.
  “我很赞赏你的真诚,”绅士说着递给他一张100美元的钞票。
  "Sir," commented James as he took the money, "you have made me very unhappy."
  “先生,”詹姆斯拿了钱说,“您让我很不幸福。”
  重点讲解:
  1. find
  发现…处于某种状态;遇见;碰见;
  eg. They found her walking alone and depressed on the beach.
  他们碰见她独自一人神色忧郁地走在海滩上。
  eg. She returned to her east London home to find her back door forced open.
  她回到在伦敦东区的住所时发现后门被撬开了。
  eg. Thrushes are a protected species so you will not find them on any menu.
  鸫鸟是受保护的物种,在菜谱上是找不到的。
  2. look at
  (以某种方式)看,瞧,望;
  eg. She looked at him earnestly. 'You don't mind?'
  她认真地看着他说:“你不介意吗?”
  eg. Look at this mess!
  看看这烂摊子!
  3. hand sb. sth.
  递给某人某物;
  eg. He handed me a little rectangle of white paper.
  他递给我一张小小的长方形白纸片。
  eg. Please hand me that book.
  请把那本书递给我。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/246740.html