迷你对话:
A:Is this watch yours?
这是你的手表吗?
B:No, it isn't mine. I blundered upon it under the sofa. Do youknow whose watch it is?
不,不是我的。我是在沙发下面捡到的。你知道是谁的吗?
A:Let me have a look. It's mine. I have been looking for it, but just cannot find it. It's present from my father.
让我看一看,这是我的手表,我一直在找它就是找不到。这是我父亲送给我的礼物。
B:Well, here you are. Remember to put it in a proper place.
哦,给你吧。记得把它放好。
地道表达:
blunder upon
小编讲解:
blunder是动词,意思是“犯错误,乱闯,瞎闯或者是碰到某物”,短语blunder upon指的是“偶然碰上或者是无意中发现”。
支持范例:
Eg.Yesterday I blundered upon an old friend I hadn't seen for several years.
昨天我偶然碰上了一个几年没见面的老朋友。
Eg.I blundered upon an old classmate this morning.
今天早上我偶然遇到了一位老同学。
Eg.While visiting the Great Wall, they blundered upon a group of foreign friends.
他们在游览长城的时候偶然遇到了一群外国友人。
Eg.Yesterday I blundered upon an old acquaintance of mine.
昨天我偶然遇到一位老相识。
词海拾贝:
1.put sth in + adj. Place:把......放在......的地方
Eg.He put the gold watch in a safe place.
他把金表放在安全处。
Eg.I went and put it in a secret place by Parah, as the Lord had said to me.
我就去,照着所吩咐我的将它带藏在伯拉河边。
Eg.Just take a stone and put it in the same place.
拿块石头,放回原位。
Eg.The mice at the cheese again, put it in a safer place.
耗子又在偷吃干酪了,把它放到较安全的地方去吧。
2.have a look:看一看,看一下
Eg.I went east in May to have a look at him.
我五月到东部去拜访他。
Eg.Let me have a look at your newspaper.
让我看一看你的报纸。
Eg.Now that he'd come to the door, he thought he might as well go in with the others to have a look.
他想既然来到了门口,莫如跟着进去看看。
Eg.Please have a look and tell me your opinion.
请看一下并把你的意见告诉我。
3.look for:寻找
4.a prensent from sb:某人送的礼物
5.under the sofa:在沙发下面
6.a proper place:合适的地方 |