迷你对话:
A: Quite a few times, I had my back to the wall.
A: 有好几次,我都陷入绝境。
B: Really? Generally they will turn out to be a good thing.
B: 真的吗?通常结果证明是好事。
A : That’s right.
A: 不过。
B: You’ll exert all your energy and get out of it.
B: 你会施展全部能力,摆脱困境。
地道表达:have one’s back to the wall 陷入绝境
支持范例:
Eg. He certainly has his back to the wall for he has lost his job.
无疑他的情况不妙,因为他失业了。
Eg. The country has its back to the wall, so we must all work hard.
国家处境困难, 我们大家必须努力工作.
词海拾贝:
1. turn out:结果是......
Eg. How did your party turn out?
你们的聚会搞得怎么样?
Eg. Things didn't turn out like that.
情况并不属实。
Eg. They can not have foresee how thing will turn out.
他们不可能预知事情的结果。
Eg. I had not expected that things should turn out like this.
我没料到事情的结果会是这样。
2. get out of:摆脱,逃出
Eg. Don' t you dare try and get out of the washing-up !
你敢逃避洗碗碟!
Eg. I want to get out of an agreement with that organization.
我想中止与那个公司的协议。
Eg. Let's pull up stakes and get out of here.
让我们收拾摊子,离开这里算了。
Eg. How am I going to get out of this jam?
我怎样才能摆脱困境呢? |