商务礼节美语第125期:不言而喻的消息(在线收听

  Unspoken Messages
不言而喻的消息
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他散会后跟同事Amy一起往外走。
(Office ambience)
A: CH, What happened to you during your presentation?
C: 你注意到什么了吗?
A: You were doing a great job. You obviously had done extensive research. You had good materials. You were completely confident until half-way through.
C: 这么说你能看出我后半截很不自在?
A: Yes. You suddenly became unsure of your self.
C: 唉,都是因为Mr. Stone, 上个月从纽约来的副总。
A: What about him?
C: 他根本没看我,一直在看其他文件。
A: Did you try to ignore that?
C: 我也试着不去管他,可注意力就是集中不起来。
A: Did Mr. Stone do anything else?
C: 他还在椅子上转来转去,不断看窗外。
A: He's the key decision maker these days.
C: 是啊,现在公司一切都是他说了算,更糟糕的是,他刚刚让秘书通知我,要找我谈话。
A: Try not to let this upset you too much until you meet with him. Let me know what happens, will you?
陈豪下午去找Amy。
A: How did things go with Mr. Stone?
C: 完全是虚惊一场。Mr. Stone还表扬我,说我工作很有成绩。
A: That's great.
C: 看他早上开会时的表现,难道我的担心是多余的吗?
A: You were reading his body language this morning and he clearly wasn't sending a positive message.
C: Body language? 肢体语言?
A: Words aren't the only way we communicate. We send messages with our bodies.
C: 那Mr. Stone的肢体语言为什么跟他的想法不一样呢?
A: Perhaps he was distracted or had something else on his mind. Evidently he was listening to you, but that is not the impression you got.
C: 下次再遇到这种情况,我应该怎么办呢?
A: Normally, you could have stopped at that point and asked for questions or opinions, specifically addressing the person who didn't seem to be involved.
C: 停下来征求意见和问题?可Mr. Stone是老板啊?
A: In this case, you were in a tough spot since he is the vice-president.
C: 你别说,有了这件事,我今后肯定会特别注意自己的肢体语言。
A: That's a good lesson for all of us. Too often we send nonverbal messages without being aware of how others interpret them.
C: 这么说来,很多误解都是在不知不觉之中产生的。
A: Body language can be used to impress people or to turn them off. It is directly related to good manners if you think about it.
C: 肢体语言怎么会跟一个人的礼貌和修养有关系呢?
A: Positive body language like giving someone your full attention and having a pleasant expression on your face are all part of showing courtesy and respect.
C: 注意听别人讲话本身就是对别人的尊重。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/swljmy/262390.html