影视剧中的职场美语 第51期:别泼冷水(在线收听

  Of course you did, 'cause you're a smart guy,
你当然会,因为你是个聪明人。
which is also why you are gonna jump on the idea I have to make the whole thing work.
这也是为什么你要接受我的意见,然后把事情做好。
Okay, so you're not bailing on me?
好吧,这么说你不是在给我泼冷水?
No. No, no, no, I am totally on board.
不不不,我完全地支持你。
Oh, good! You had me scared there for a second.
哦,太好了!你害我提心吊胆的。
Okay, so, well, what is this great idea?
好吧,那么,这个绝佳的主意是什么呢?
I'm thinking catering company.
我在考虑酒席承办公司。
Huh?
啊?
Start small, have an Italian theme, create some cash flow, and then later on, expand into the pizza thing.
从小做起,主打意大利菜。赚一些流动资金,接着拓展到经营披萨。
But that's not my dream.
但那是不是我的梦想。
Well, think about it. You're gonna do all these fun parties.
仔细考虑下啊。你会承办很多有趣的宴会。
People will start talking. Hey, this is great food.
人们会开始谈论说,这食物真不错。
This guy should open a restaurant.
这家伙应该开间餐馆。
Yeah, yeah, I'd eat there, and then wham! Five short years later, you have a built-in customer base.
没错没错,我吃过了,棒极了,短短5年之内,你就为自己打下了客户基础。
But I said it's not my dream. Pizza is my dream.
但我说了这不是我的梦想,我想卖披萨。
I know, I know. Catering's how you get there.
我知道,酒席承办公司可以帮助你实现啊。
So why can't I just skip the catering and go straight to the pizza?
那我为什么不能直接跳过这一步,直接卖披萨呢。
Because you'll fail! I'm sorry! God. I shouldn't have said that.
因为你会失败的!对不起,天啊,我不该这么说。
But you're gambling with our life savings and you have no experience.
但你是在拿我么的生活积蓄冒险,你没有经验。
You said that you'd support me.
你说过会支持我的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/264016.html