Bradley called me before he died.
Bradley死前曾打电话给我,
He wanted to discuss your job performance.
他想谈谈你的工作表现。
Well, what did he say?
他说什么了?
Well, sadly, by the time I returned the call he was dead.
很可惜,我回电话时,他已经死了。
Really?
真的吗?
But I think I know what he wanted to tell me.
不过我明白他想说什么。
Based upon the big bonus he fought for Carlos to have,
基于他为Carlos争取的大额奖金。
it's fairly obvious he was going to recommend a promotion.
相当明显他想推荐你升职。
That was my guess, too.
我也这么想。
The terrible irony is he didn't realize the job he was recommending
很讽刺,他并没意识到他所推荐的职位,
would turn out to be his own.
便是他自己的职位。
Wait.
等等。
So you're offering me Bradley's job as president of the company?
你给我Bradley的职务,公司总裁?
I can't think of anyone better suited.
没人能比你更胜任。
Now, of course, it would be the same compensation package.
当然,你会和他拿同等薪水。
Please. Tell me you'll accept.
拜托你,接受此职位吧。
He sure will.
他当然会的。
the man has a plane to catch.
别耽误人家赶飞机。
I'd be honored to step in for Bradley.
我很荣幸接替Bradley。
Good. I'm glad we've got that handled.
很好,很高兴我们解决了问题。
Now we can focus on the sorrow of this tragic day.
现在该专注于悲痛了。
The same compensation package! We're rich!
同等薪水! 我们有钱啦!
We Are at a funeral. Please be quiet.
这是葬礼,拜托安静些。 |