听歌学英语:WAY BACK INTO LOVE(在线收听

听歌学英语:WAY BACK INTO LOVE

来自Hugh Grant和Drew Barrymore的《重返爱河》。

I've been living with a shadow overhead
我一直生活在阴影中
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed
睡梦中床头也笼罩着乌云
I've been lonely for so long
我孤单了那么久
Trapped in the past I just can't seem to move on
困于往事,无法前行

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away
我小心翼翼藏好希望和梦想
Just in case I ever need them again someday
只为某天可能会再次用到
I've been setting aside time
我努力争取时间
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind
在心灵的角落清出一点空间

All I want to do is find a way back into love
我想重新找到爱
I can't make it through without a way back into love Oh oh oh……
没有爱,我无法支撑下去

I've watching but the stars refuse to shine
我仰望天空,星星不再闪耀
I've searching but I just don't see the signs
我不断寻找,却看不到任何迹象
I know that it's out there
我知道它就在那里
There is got to be something for my soul somewhere
在某处,我总会找到灵魂的归宿

I've looking for someone to shed some light
我在寻找一个带给我光芒的人
Not just somebody just to get me throught the night
而不只是陪我度过黑夜
I could use some direction
我需要指引
And I am open to your suggestions
会接受你的建议

All I want to do is find a way back into love

我想重新找到爱
I can't make it through without a way back into love
没有爱我无法支撑下去
And if I open my heart again
如果我再次敞开心灵
I guess I am hoping you will be there for me in the end
我希望,你会在那里永远等我

There are moments when I do not know if it is real
有时我不能确定自己是否身在梦中
Or if anybody feels the way I feel
是否有人跟我有一样的感受
I need inspiration
我需要启发
Not just another negotiation
而不是又一次的妥协

All I want to do is find a way back into love
我想重新找到爱
Ican't make it through without a way back into love
没有爱我无法支撑下去
And if I open my heart to you
如果我向你敞开心扉
I am hoping you will show me what to do
我希望你告诉我怎么做
And if you help me to start again
如果你能让我重新开始
You know that I'll be there for you in the end
你知道,我会在这里永远等你


1.I've been living with a shadow overhead 我一直生活在阴影中
have been doing sth:现在完成进行时,表示动作从过去某一时间一直持续到现在,可能还会进行下去,可能不会。一般翻译成‘一直’。这首歌中很多地方都用到了这种时态。
overhead:adv. 在头顶上;在空中;在高处,一般放在动词的后面
The thunder crashed overhead. 头顶上雷声隆隆。
A number of birds are circling overhead. 很多鸟在头顶上空盘旋。
adj. 高架的;在头上的;在头顶上的
overhead transmission line 架空输电线;高架输电线路
overhead line 架空线路;架空管道
overheads:企业的日常管理费用;杂项开支;一般费用
Net profit can also be related to product lines if overheads are allocated appropriately. 毛利润可以与产品线相关,而如果管理费用分配得当,净利润也可以与产品线相关。

2.Trapped in the past I just can't seem to move on 被过去牵绊,我似乎无法前行。
move on:往前走,前进;出发,离开
We tried to see who had been hurt, but the police told us to move on.我们想看看是谁受伤了,但警察要我们走开。

3.Just in case I ever need them again someday 只为某天可能会再次用到
just in case:以防万一
There are candles strategically placed—just in case we have another power cut. 我们把蜡烛放在合适的地方,以防再停电。
It may rain; you'd better take an umbrella just in case. 可能下雨, 拿把伞吧,以防万一。

4.I've been setting aside time to clear a little space in the corners of my mind 我努力争取时间,在心灵的角落清出一点空间。
set aside:把…放置一旁; 不理会;取消;留出
These areas are set aside for public recreational use. 这些地方已经划出来用于公共娱乐。
Some doctors advise setting aside a certain hour each day for worry.一些医生建议每天留出一点时间来解决烦心事。
the corners of one's mind:一个人的心灵的角落
Memories light the corners of my mind. 回忆照亮了我内心的角落。

5.I've been looking for someone to shed some light, not just somebody to get me throught the night我一直在寻找那个能够带来光明的人,而不只是陪我度过黑夜的人。
shed:n. 小屋,棚屋;分水岭
The shed was roofed with dried straw. 小屋上面用干草盖上了屋顶。
v: 流出;摆脱;散发;倾吐
Some of the trees were already beginning to shed their leaves. 有些树已经开始落叶了。
They will shed a few tears at their daughter's wedding.他们会在女儿的婚礼上落泪的。

6.I am open to your suggestions.我会接受你的建议 。
be open to sth:对…开放;愿接受…的
The hotel is now open to guests. 这个旅馆现在已向客人开放。
Be open to new ideas and opportunities. 一个人应该对新想法和机会采取一个开放的态度。
They need to be open to new ideas and willing to initiate within their organization. 他们需要对新思想敞开大门,并将其引进组织。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/song/tgxyy/266631.html