听歌学英语:Egil Olsen - Home Alone独自在家(在线收听

Egil Olsen是挪威的一位创作型歌手。怀揣着爱希望与歌星梦的他写了一些描写生活艰难的歌曲。Egil沿着美国西海岸进行了一次灵魂之旅之后发现了自己内心的灵魂歌手。在不安、灰暗中沉寂了很长一段时间后,Egil拎起行囊开始了自己的圆梦之旅。带着吉他,开着车,横穿加州。在数个汽车旅馆中度过了5个星期后,他创作出了自己的音乐。

now i am on my own
现在我独自一人
home alone
在家
the only girl i know
我认识的唯一的女孩
is on another part of the globe
却远在地球的另一边

i will be here for you
我会一直守候你
when you're coming home to me
守候你回家与我团聚之时
i will be here for you
我会一直在这里
when you're coming home to me to be with me
等你回家回到我身边

now that i'm on my own
既然是独自一人
home alone
在家
i see things in a way
我看事情的方式是
i didn't see yesterday
我看见的不是昨天
now i finally know
现在终于知道
what's making me whole
什么使我完整
it's been right in front of my nose
是尽在我眼前的呀
maybe it's time to be a man and propose
也许是时候像个男人一样向你求婚了
ooo ~

i like being on my own
我喜欢独立
by myself
靠自己
home alone
一人在家的时候
but if
但是如果
if i had to chose
若果我可以选的话
come on
拜托
i'm not a retard
我又不是智障
of course


我当然会
i'd rather be with you
我当然愿意与你在一起

1.Now I am on my own...
‘on my own’here means being without help from other people or being all by myself.独自一人;单独
eg:It is not like I came into this country (on my own). They called me into this country for my expertise.
好像是我自己要来这个国家似的。他们需要我的专业知识所以打电话叫我来的好不好。
But who'd have thought I'd be able to build a fire on my own?
但是谁也没想到我竟然可以自己生火。

2.The only girl I know is on the other part of the globe.
globe here refers to the place where we live—earth or a ball-shaped object.地球;球体。
eg:Every day, wine from around the globe is becoming more accessible for wine lovers.
每天,全世界好酒者们的取酒之道都在变得越来越容易。
global,stemmed from the word globe,is an adjective,refering to all over the world.形容词,全世界的意思
eg:global economy 全球经济
global warming 全球变暖
global market 全球市场
global climate 全球气候
3.Now I am on my own,home alone.
Let's learn some words or phrases that are related to the word home here.学一些跟home这个单词相关的短语或生词:
home office总店;总公司;总部
home front后方的支前活动;(战时的)大后方
homing pigeon信鸽
homing missile自动追踪导弹
homesick想家的;思乡病的

4.nose
From this word, we can lean:
a brown-noser:a person who sucks up to others 马屁精
by a nose:refers to by a small margin; or being a close call些微;几乎
In terms of hardware sales, Microsoft does have the edge, but just by a nose.在硬件销售方面,微软尽管有优势,但也只是稍微有所领先。
nosey parker:refers to a busy body,a meddler or an annoying person who interferes with others.爱打听消息的人,好管闲事的人

5.propose
Here it refers to asking someone to marry you.求婚
eg:"she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"
她向那个只认识了两个月的男人求婚了。

6.retard
a retard is a person born with a mental condition智障
retarded means being dumb and stupid because of a born mental condition.智力有缺陷的;脑残的
eg:Are you retarded?你脑壳有问题吗?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/song/tgxyy/268182.html