生活大爆炸第一季第二集_3The Big Bran Hypothesis(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第二集_3The Big Bran Hypothesis

  -Penny:Hey, Raj.
  嗨,Raj。
  Hey, listen.
  嘿,听着。
  I don't know if you heard about what happened last night with Leonard and Sheldon,
  我不知道你是否听说了,昨晚 Leonard和Sheldon干的事,
  but I'm really upset about it.
  但我是真的很生气。
  I mean, they just... they let themselves into my place and then they cleaned it.
  我是说,他们... 居然闯进我的房间打扫。
  Can you even believe that?
  你能相信吗?
  How weird is that?
  那多么奇怪。
  -Raj:she's standing very close to me.
  她离我非常近。
  Oh, my, she does smell good.
  哦,她闻起来真香。
  What is that, vanilla?
  什么味道,香草?
  -Penny:You know, where I come from, if someone comes into your house at night, you shoot. Okay?
  知道吗,在我家乡,如果有人这样做,你直接毙了他,明白吗?
  And you don't shoot to wound.
  不仅仅是射伤他。
  I mean, all right, my sister shot her husband, but it was an accident, they were drunk.
  我是说,好吧,我姐姐把她丈夫开枪打死了,但只是意外,他们喝醉了。
  Wait, what was I saying?
  等等,我刚说什么?
  -Raj:She's so chatty.
  她的话真多。
  Maybe my parents are right.
  也许爸妈说得对。
  Maybe I'd be better off with an Indian girl.
  也许我最好和一个印度女孩远走高飞。
  We'd have the same cultural background
  我们有相同的文化背景,
  and my wife could sing to my children the same lullabies my mother sang to me.
  我妻子可以给孩子们唱同样的摇篮曲,就像我妈妈对我唱的一样。
  -Penny:It's obvious that they meant well, but I'm just...
  很明显他们是好意,但我只是...
  -Penny:I'm having a really rough time. Like I said, I broke up with my boyfriend and...
  我这段时间很难熬。就像我说的,我和男友分手了...
  I mean, just because most of the men I've known in my life happen to be jerks,
  因为我生命中出现的大部分男人都是混蛋,
  doesn't mean I should just assume Leonard and Sheldon are. Right?
  但并不表明我能假定,Leonard和Sheldon也是,对吗?
  -Raj:She asked me a question. I should probably nod.
  她问我问题了,我应该点头。
  -Penny:That's exactly what I thought. Thank you for listening.
  我就是这么想的,谢谢你的倾听。
  You're a doll.
  你真是个好人。
  -Raj:Uh-oh. Turn your pelvis.
  哇哦,把你的骨盘移开。
  -Howard:Phew!Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served.
  喔!拿张纸巾吧,哥们,尝到逊的滋味了吧。
  -Leonard:It's fine. You-You win.
  好了,你赢了。
  -Howard:What's his problem?
  怎么回事?
  -Sheldon:His imaginary girlfriend broke up with him.
  他假想的女友和他分手了。
  -Howard:Been there.
  又来了。
  -Raj:Hello.
  哈罗。
  Sorry I'm late, but I was in the hallway, chatting up Penny.
  抱歉迟到了,我在走廊和Penny聊天。
  -Howard:Really? You, Rajesh Koothrappali, spoke to Penny?
  真的? 你 Rajesh Koothrappali 和Penny说话了?
  -Raj:Actually, I was less the chatter than the chat-ee.
  事实上,我更多的是倾听者,而非叙述者。
  -Leonard:What did she say? Is she still mad at me?
  她说了些什么? 她还生我气吗?
  -Raj:Well, she was upset at first,
  呃,她开始很生气,
  but probably because her sister shot somebody.
  但可能因为她姐姐开枪射死过某人。
  But then there was something about you, and then she hugged me.
  但然后提到了你们,再然后就抱了我。
  -Howard:She hugged you? How'd she hug you?
  她抱你? 怎么抱你的?
  Is that her perfume I smell?
  我闻到的是她的香水味吗?
  -Raj:Intoxicating ,isn't it?
  令人陶醉,不是吗?
  -Penny:Hi.
  嗨。
  What's going on?
  怎么了?
  -Leonard:Um... Here’s the thing.
  呃...是这样。
  (Leonard starts to read the letter.)
  Penny,just as Oppenheimer came regret to his contribution to the first atomic bomb,
  Penny,就像奥本海默站出来,为他发明第一枚原子弹而道歉,
  so too I regret my participation, at least error in judgment.
  我同样为我参与的一点判断失误感到抱歉。
  The hallmark of the great human experiment is the willingness to recognize one's mistakes.
  人类伟大实验的标志在于,主动承认错误。
  Some mistakes,such as Madam Curie discovered radium,turned out to have great scientific potential,
  这些错误,例如居里夫人发现的镭,被发现具有巨大的科学研究潜力,
  even though she would later die a slow, death from radiation poisoning.
  虽然她此后死于,慢性而痛苦的辐射中毒。
  Another example, from the field of Ebola research...
  另一例子,在埃博拉病毒的研究领域…
  -Penny:Leonard?
  Leonard?
  -Leonard:Yeah?
  嗯?
  -Penny:We're okay.
  我们没事了。
  (Penny kissed Leonard)
  -Leonard:62 wood dowels.
  62个木钉。
  -Sheldon:Check.
  有。
  -Leonard:One package Phillips head screws.
  一包飞利浦螺旋钉。
  -Sheldon:check
  有。
  -Penny:You guys, seriously, I grew up on a farm, okay?
  伙计们,我在农场长大的,好不好?
  I rebuilt a tractor engine when I was, like, 12.
  我大概,12岁时,就重组了一台拖拉机发动机。
  I think I can put together a cheap, Swedish media center.
  我想我能组装这样一个,便宜的瑞典货家庭影院。
  -Leonard:No, please. We insist. It's the least we can do, considering.
  不,让我们来。考虑到这是我们唯一能做的。
  -Sheldon:Considering what? How great this place look?
  考虑到什么? 这地方看起来多棒?
  -Howard:Oh, boy. I was afraid of this.
  伙计,我害怕这个。
  -Raj:what?
  什么?
  -Howard:These instructions are a pictographic representation of the least imaginative way to assemble these components.
  这些说明书,尽是组装这些配件最没有想象力的方法。
  This right, here is why Sweden has no space program.
  这就是为什么,瑞典没有太空计划。
  -Penny:Well, it-it looked pretty good in the store.
  呃,在商店里看起来还不错。
  -Leonard:It is an inefficient design. For example, Penny has a flat screen TV,
  这个设计效率很低。比方说,Penny有一台纯平电视,
  which means all the space behind it is wasted.
  这意味着,后面的空间都浪费了。
  -Sheldon:We could put her stereo back there.
  我们可以把她的立体音响放在后面。
  -Leonard:And control it how?
  怎么控制调节呢?
  -Sheldon:Run an infrared repeater.
  接一个红外线转发器。
  Photo cell here, emitter here, easy-peasy.
  这边发射区域,这边发射器,简单易行。
  -Howard:Good point. How are you going to cool it?
  好主意,那你怎么散热?
  -Penny:Hey, guys, I got this.
  嘿,伙计们,我来弄这个。
  -Sheldon:Hang on, Penny.
  等等,Penny。
  How about fans? Here and here.
  扇子如何? 这里和这里。
  -Leonard:Also inefficient, and might be loud.
  还是不行,可能会有噪音。
  How about liquid coolant? Maybe a little aquarium pump here,
  液体冷却剂如何?也许放个玻璃钢泵在这儿。
  -Howard:How about liquid coolant? Maybe a little aquarium pump here,
  液体冷却剂如何? 也许放个玻璃缸泵在这儿。
  run some quarter-inch PVC...
  装四分之一英尺的PVC...
  -Penny:Guys, this is actually really simple.
  伙计们,这个其实真的很简单。
  -Howard:Hold on, honey. Men at work.
  等等,亲爱的,男人在做事。
  The PVC comes down here.
  PVC从这儿下来。
  Maybe a little corrugated sheet metal as a radiator here.
  也许一点褶皱的金属片,作散热器放这儿。
  -Leonard:Oh , really? Show me where we put a drip tray, a sluice, and an overflow reservoir.
  真的吗? 指指看,在哪儿放水柱、水闸、和蓄水池。
  -Sheldon:If water's involved, we're going to have to ground the crap out of the thing.
  如果要引水进来,我们就得接地线。
  -Penny:Guys, it's hot in here. I think I'll just take off all my clothes.
  伙计们,这儿很热,我想我要把衣服都脱了。
  -Leonard:Oh, I've got it.
  哦,我明白了。
  What about if we replace panels A, B and F and crossbar H with aircraft-grade aluminum?
  要不,我们换掉面板A B和F 横木H ,用航行器使用的铝?
  -Sheldon:Right. Then the entire thing is one big heat sink.
  对了,那样这整个都成了吸热设备。
  -Howard:Perfect. Leonard, why don't you and Sheldon go to the junk yard
  完美,Leonard,你和Sheldon去废品回收站,
  and pick up about six square meters of scrap aluminum?
  找些六平方米的废铝片。
  Raj and I will run down to my lab and get the oxyacetylene torch.
  Raj和我去实验室弄些氧乙炔炬。
  -Leonard:Meet back here in an hour?
  一小时后见?
  -Howard:Done.
  就这样。
  -Leonard:Got it.
  明白。
  -Penny:Okay, this place does look pretty good.
  好吧,这里看起来确实不错。
  vanilla:香草
  lullabies:摇篮曲
  phew :[fju:] int. 表示不快,惊讶的声音v. 匝舌头
  intoxicating:醉人的,使人兴奋的
  hallmark:标志
  Madam Curie:居里夫人
  corrugated:起褶皱的
  drip tray :除霜水盘
  heat sink:吸热设备
  oxyacetylene torch:氧乙炔炬
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288101.html