生活大爆炸第一季第七集_3: The Dumpling Paradox(在线收听) |
生活大爆炸第一季第七集_3: The Dumpling Paradox -Sheldon:I'm sorry, we cannot do this without Wolowitz.
对不起,没有Wolowitz我们吃不成。
-Leonard:We can't order Chinese food without Wolowitz?
没有Wolowitz我们就不能点中国菜?
-Sheldon:Let me walk you through it.
我来给你解释一下。
Our standard order is:
我们的标准菜单是:
the steamed dumpling appetizer, General Tso's chicken,
用蒸饺开胃然后上左宗棠鸡,
beef with broccoli, shrimp with lobster sauce and vegetable lo mein.
芥兰牛肉,龙舟活鱼,最后吃菜捞面。
Do you see the problem?
你看出问题所在了吗?
-Leonard:I see a problem.
我看你是个问题。
-Sheldon:Our entire order is predicated on four dumplings and four entrees divided amongst four people.
我们整个的点菜是建立在点四只蒸饺、四道小菜、四个人分着吃的基础上的。
-Leonard:So, we'll just order three entrees.
那我们就点三个菜好了。
-Sheldon:Fine. What do you want to eliminate?
好吧,你想去掉哪个?
And who gets the extra dumpling?
谁能吃那只多余的蒸饺?
-Raj:We could cut it into thirds.
我们可以把它三等分。
-Sheldon:Then it's no longer a dumpling.
那它就不是蒸饺了。
Once you cut it open it is,
一旦你把它切开,
at best, a very small open-faced sandwich.
充其量它只是个开口的小三明治。
-Waiter:Hi, fellas. Oh, where's your annoying little friend who thinks he speaks Mandarin?
嗨,伙计们,你们那个招人厌的自以为会说普通话的朋友去哪儿了?
-Sheldon:He's putting his needs ahead of the collective good.
他把个人利益置于集体利益之上,
Where he comes from, that's punishable by death.
在他的祖国这样会被处以死刑。
-Waiter:I come from Sacramento.
我来自萨克拉曼多。
-Leonard:Can we get an order of dumplings but with three instead of four?
我们能点一份蒸饺但是只要三个吗?
-Waiter:No substitutions.
不能换成别的。
-Leonard:This isn't a substitution. It's a reduction.
不是换成别的,是减少分量。
-Waiter:Okay. No reductions.
好吧,不能减少分量。
-Leonard:Fine. Uh, bring us three orders of dumplings.
好吧,给我们上三份蒸饺。
That's 12. We'll each have four. That works.
一共12个,我们每人4个,这样就行了。
-Sheldon:No. If we fill up on dumplings,
不行,如果我们用蒸饺填饱了肚子,
we need to eliminate another entree.
就必须再去掉一道菜。
-Waiter:No eliminations.
不能去掉。
-Leonard:If we have extra, we'll just take the leftovers home.
如果有剩下的,我们就打包带回家。
-Sheldon:And divide it how?
然后怎么分?
I'm telling you, we cannot do this without Wolowitz.
我给你说了,没有Wolowitz我们吃不成。
-Leonard:Wolowitz is with his new girlfriend.
Wolowitz和他的新女朋友在一起。
If you had let me invite Penny,
如果你让我邀请Penny的话,
then you would have had your fourth.
就会有第四个人了。
-Sheldon:Have you seen Penny eat Chinese food?
你见过Penny吃中国菜吗?
She uses a fork and she double-dips her egg rolls.
她用的是叉子而且吃蛋皮春卷要蘸两次酱。
-Leonard:We don't order egg rolls.
我们不点蛋皮春卷。
-Sheldon:Exactly, but we'd have to if she was here!
没错,但是如果她来了就会点的。
-Raj:Can we please make a decision?
我们快点做决定好吗?
Not only are there children starving in India,
不仅是印度的孩子们在挨饿,
there's an Indian starving right here.
这里就有一个印度人在挨饿。
-Leonard:There's an idea.
有主意了。
Why don't we just go out for Indian food?
我们为什么不去吃印度菜呢?
-Waiter:You're nice boys.
你们都是好孩子。
Tell you what I'm going to do.
让我告诉你们怎么办吧。
I'm going to bring you the four dumplings.
我会给你们上四个蒸饺。
When I'm walking over to the table,
当我朝这张桌子走过来时,
maybe I get bumped, one of the dumplings fall to the floor.
可能我被绊了一下,一个蒸饺掉在了地上。
No one has to know.
没人会知道。
-Sheldon:I'll know.
我会知道的。
-Raj:How about soup?
喝汤怎么样?
-Leonard:Yeah, we can always divide soup.
对,我们总能平分汤的。
-Sheldon:What about the wontons?
汤里的馄饨怎么办?
-Penny:Oh! Hey, guys, what's up?
嘿,伙计们怎么了?
-Leonard:It's Halo night.
又到"光晕"之夜了。
-Penny:Yeah? Okay. So?
是吗?好吧,然后呢?
-Leonard:Well, with Wolowitz spending all of his time with your friend Christy...
是这样,Wolowitz把他所有时间都花在你朋友Christy身上...
-Penny:She's not my friend.
她不是我朋友。
Friends do not get their friends' Care Bears all sweaty.
朋友不会用朋友心爱的小熊擦汗的。
-Leonard:Right. Anyway, uh, with Wolowitz occupied elsewhere,
好吧,不管怎样Wolowitz有事在身,
we had something we wanted to ask you.
我们想请你做件事。
Sheldon?
Sheldon?
-Sheldon:Yes. Penny...
好的。Penny…
we would very much appreciate it if you would be the fourth member of our Halo team.
我们很荣幸邀请你成为我们"光晕"团队的第四名成员。
I don't think I need to tell you what an honor this is.
我想我用不着解释这是多大的荣耀了。
-Penny:Oh, that's so sweet, but I'm going out dancing with a girlfriend.
哦,你们真是太好了,但我今晚要和朋友去跳舞。
-Sheldon:You can't go out; it's Halo night.
你不能出去,今天是"光晕"之夜。
-Penny:Well, for Penny, it's dancing night.
对于我Penny,今天是舞蹈之夜。
-Sheldon:You go dancing every Wednesday?
你每周三都去跳舞?
-Penny:No.
不。
-Sheldon:Then that's not "dancing night."
那就不是"舞蹈之夜"。
-Penny:Look, why don't I play with you guys tomorrow?
听着,我明天陪你们玩怎么样?
-Sheldon:Tonight is Halo night.
今晚才是"光晕"之夜。
It's like talking to a wall.
我怎么像对牛弹琴。
-Penny:All right, now, Sheldon, you and I are about to have a problem.
好了,Sheldon 现在咱俩要有麻烦了。
-Leonard:Sheldon, remember, we role-played this.
Sheldon我们可是事先排练过的。
-Sheldon:but you didn't portray her as completely irrational.
但你没告诉我她完全不讲理。
-Penny:All right, fellas, I gotta go.
好了,伙计们我得走了。
But good luck.
祝你们好运。
-Leonard:Maybe we should've asked
说不定我们可以问问能不能
if we could go dancing with her and her girlfriend.
和她还有她女朋友一起跳舞。
-Sheldon:Okay, assuming we could dance-- which we can't--
好的,假设我们会跳舞...实际上不会
there are three of us and two of them.
就变成了我们三男和她们两女。
-Leonard:So?
那又怎样?
-Sheldon:It's the Chinese restaurant all over again.
这和吃中国菜的性质一样。
I assure you that cutting a dumpling in thirds
我向你保证把一只蒸饺切成三等分
is child's play compared with three men each attempting to dance with 67% of a woman.
可比我们每人和67%的女人跳舞容易的多。
-Leonard:For God's sakes, Sheldon, you're driving me crazy!
我的天啊,Sheldon 你快把我逼疯了。
-Sheldon:Your anger is not with me, sir, but with basic mathematics.
你不是在生我的气,先生,而是对基本的算术生气。
-Leonard:No. I'm pretty sure my anger is with you.
不,我很确定我在生你的气。
-Sheldon:What's happening to us? We're falling apart.
我们这是怎么了? 我们的关系正在破裂。
-Leonard:Who are you calling?
你给谁打电话?
-Sheldon:The only man who can restore any semblance of balance to our universe.
唯一能够重建我们平衡关系的人。
-Howard:Hi, this is Howard Wolowitz.
嗨,我是Howard Wolowitz。
-Christy:And this is Christy Vanderbelt.
我是Christy Vanderbelt。
-Howard:We can't get to the phone right now
我们现在不能接电话,
because we're having sex!
因为我们正在做爱。
-Christy:You're not going to put that on your message, are you?
你不会用这个做电话留言的,对吗?
-Howard:Nah, I'm just kidding.
不,我只是在开玩笑。
I'll re-record it.
我重新录。
-Leonard:Sheldon, think this through.
Sheldon 好好想想
You're going to ask Howard to choose between sex and Halo.
你要去让Howard在性爱和"光晕" 之间做出选择。
-Sheldon:No, I'm going to ask him to choose between sex and Halo Three.
不,我要去让他在性爱和"光晕3" 之间做出选择。
As far as I know, sex has not been upgraded to include Hi-Def graphics and enhanced weapon systems.
据我所知,性爱并没有被升级到具有高清界面和增强版武器系统。
-Leonard:You're right, all sex has is nudity, orgasms and human contact.
没错,性爱只有裸体、高潮和身体接触。
-Sheldon:My point.
正是我的观点。
-Christy:I'm just saying,
我是说...
you can take the damn plastic off the couch once in a while!
你就不能把沙发上该死的保护膜揭下来一会儿吗?
-Howard’ mom: Why, so you and Howard can hump on it?!
那样你和Howard就能在上面逍遥了?!
-Howard:Ladies, ladies, I'm sure there's a middle ground.
女士们,女士们,我相信一定有折中的办法。
-Howard’ mom and Christy:Shut up, Howard!
闭嘴Howard。
-Howard:I'm going to take my scooter out for a little spin.
我得去骑单车兜一圈儿了。
-Christy:You happy? You drove your own son out of the house.
你现在高兴了? 你把自己的儿子赶出了家门。
-Howard’ mom: Why don't you stop...
你怎么不停止...
-Howard:what are you guys doing here?
你们在这儿干吗?
-Sheldon:It's Halo night.
今天是"光晕"之夜。
-Christy:He's not a man, he's a putz!
他不是个男人,他是个蠢货。
-Howard’ mom: And don't you take that tone with me, you gold digger!
不许用那样的语气对我说话,你这个傍大款的。
-Christy:What'd you call me?
你刚叫我什么?
-Howard’ mom: You heard me!
你听到了。
And I'll tell you something else,
让我告诉你件事吧。
you're barking up the wrong tree.
你找错了目标。
Cause as long as you're around,
只要有你在,
Howard is out of the will!
Howard就不会出现在我遗嘱里。
-Christy:You know what? I got better offers.
你知道吗? 有更好的在等着我呢。
I'm out of here.
我走了。
-Howard’ mom: That's right. Go back to Babylon, you whore!
这就对了,滚回巴比伦吧,你这个妓女 (巴比伦常指奢华淫靡的城市)。
-Howard:So, Halo night, huh?
光晕之夜,对吗?
-Raj:I thought she was the whore of Omaha.
我还以为她是奥马哈的妓女呢。
-Howard:Sheldon, you got him in your sights!
Sheldon他就在你的射程内!
Fire! He's charging his plasma rifle!
快开火!他正在给等离子枪充电。
-Sheldon:I can't shoot now. I'm cloaking!
我现在没法开枪,我正在隐形!
-Leonard:Now, Raj! Kill Sheldon!
Raj干掉Sheldon!
-Raj:I can't see him!
我看不到他!
-Sheldon:That's why they call it cloaking, dead man!
所以这才叫做隐形,!死人
-Leonard:Start throwing grenades!
那你就扔手雷!
-Raj:I'm all out!
我都扔完了!
-Penny:Hey, guys. My friends and I got tired of dancing,
嘿,伙计们,我和我的朋友们跳舞跳累了,
so we came over to have sex with you.
所以就过来和你们做爱。
-Leonard:Raj, hop in the tank!
Raj跳到坦克里来!
-Sheldon:We said no tanks!
说好不能用坦克的!
-Raj:There are no rules in hell!
地狱里可没有规则!
-Howard:Son of a bitch. Med pack!
该死,急救包!
I need a med pack!
我需要一个急救包!
-Penny:Told you.
我早就说过。
-Leonard:There's a sniper. Use your rocket launcher!
那儿有个狙击手。快发射你的火箭筒!
-Raj:All I've got is a needler and I'm all out of ammo!
我只剩下一把针刺枪了,还没有子弹!
-Sheldon:And now you're out of life.
现在你没命了。
Why'd you hit pause?
你干吗按暂停?
-Leonard:I thought I heard... something.
我觉得我听到了什么声音。
-Sheldon:What?
什么?
-Leonard:No, n-never mind. Sorry. Go.
没有,不要紧,对不起,继续。
fill up:使充满
entrée:主菜
leftovers:剩饭菜
wonton:馄饨
talk to a wall:对牛弹琴
portray:描述
hump on:紧张的活动,忙个不停
cloak:伪装 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288126.html |