生活大爆炸第一季第八集_3:The Grasshopper Experiment(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第八集_3:The Grasshopper Experiment

  -Raj:I can't believe I'm sitting here next to little Lalita Gupta.
  真不敢相信我就坐在小Lalita Gupta旁边。
  -Lalita:Well, you are.
  你已经坐了。
  -Raj:Little Lalita.
  小Lalita。
  That's kind of fun to say.
  这样说挺有趣的。
  Little Lalita, little Lalita, little Lalita.
  小Lalita,小Lalita,小Lalita。
  You should try it.
  你也应该试试。
  -Lalita:Oh, it's okay.
  不用了。
  -Raj:You have lost so much weight.
  你瘦了好多。
  That must have been difficult for you
  这对你来说肯定很难,
  because you were so, so fat.
  因为你过去是那么那么的胖。
  Do you remember?
  你还记得吗?
  -Lalita:Yes, I do.
  对我记得。
  -Raj:Of course you do.
  你当然记得。
  Who could forget being that fat?
  胖成那样谁能忘得了呢?
  -Lalita:Well, I've been trying.
  我一直在努力忘。
  -Raj:So you're a dental student.
  你是个口腔专业学生。
  Mm, are you aware that dentists have an extremely high suicide rate?
  对了,你知道牙医有很高的自杀率吗?
  Not as high as, say, air traffic controllers,
  虽然没有空中交管员的高,
  but, then, there are far more dentists than air traffic controllers,
  但牙医人数比空中交管员多得多,
  so in pure numbers, you're still winning.
  所以单从数字上说你还是大赢家。
  -Lalita:Yeah, me.
  耶,我~
  -Leonard:Do you have a drink that will make him less obnoxious?
  你有能让他不那么讨厌的酒吗?
  -Penny:Drinks do not work that way.
  酒精不是这样发挥作用的。
  -Howard:I'd say he's doing fine.
  要我说他表现还行。
  Look at her.
  看她啊。
  The last girl my mom set me up with had a mustache and a vestigial tail.
  我妈上次给我找的相亲女孩留着小胡子,长了根没进化好的尾巴。
  -Sheldon:Sorry I'm late.
  对不起我迟到了。
  -Leonard:What happened?
  出什么事了?
  -Sheldon:Nothing. I just really didn't want to come.
  没事,我只是特别不想来。
  Virgin diet Cuba Libre, please.
  纯自由古巴酒,谢谢。
  -Penny:Okay.
  好的。
  -Sheldon:In a tall glass with a lime wedge.
  装在高脚杯里配青柠片。
  -Penny:Oh, I'll wedge it right in there.
  哦,我会直接把青柠汁挤进去。
  -Sheldon:So how's Koothrappali...
  Koothrappali表现如何...
  Oh, my Lord.
  我的上帝。
  -Leonard:What?
  怎么了?
  -Sheldon:That's Princess Panchali.
  那是Panchali公主。
  -Leonard:I'm pretty sure her name's Lalita.
  我能肯定她叫Lalita。
  -Sheldon:No, no, Princess Panchali, from The Monkey and the Princess.
  不,不,Panchali公主,《猴子和公主里》的那个。
  -Howard:Oh, yeah. I tried to watch that online,
  对,我本来想在网上看来着,
  but they wanted my credit card.
  但要用信用卡付费。
  -Sheldon:It's a children's story.
  那是个儿童故事。
  -Howard:Oh, no, it isn't.
  不,肯定不是。
  -Sheldon:When I was a little boy and got sick,
  当我小时候生病时,
  which was most of the time,
  我小时候常生病,
  my mother would read it to me.
  我妈就会读那故事给我听。
  It's about an Indian princess who befriends a monkey
  是一个印度公主和一只猴子交朋友的故事,
  who was mocked by all the other monkeys because he was different.
  因为那猴子与众不同他就遭到了其他同类的嘲笑。
  For some reason, I related to it quite strongly.
  不知为什么那猴子使我产生了强烈共鸣。
  -Penny:I know the reason.
  我知道原因。
  -Leonard:We all know the reason.
  我们都知道原因。
  Sheldon, what are you getting at?
  Sheldon你要说什么?
  That woman looks exactly like the pictures of Princess Panchali in the book.
  那个女人看上去和书里的Panchali公主一模一样。
  How often does one see a beloved fictional character come to life?
  一个人多久才能见到一次他心爱的虚构人物活过来?
  -Howard:Every year at Comic-Con.
  在每年的动漫大会上。
  Every day at Disneyland.
  在迪斯尼的话每天能都能。
  You can hire Snow White to come to your house.
  雇白雪公主到你家里去。
  Of course, they prefer it if you have a kid
  当然他们要求家里最好有小孩。
  -Raj:Hey, guys. This is Lalita Gupta.
  嘿伙计们,这位是Lalita Gupta。
  Lalita, this is Leonard and Sheldon and Howard and Penny.
  Lalita 这是Leonard 、Sheldon 、Howard 还有Penny
  Isn't it great?
  很棒吧?
  She isn't fat anymore.
  她不胖了。
  -Sheldon:Forgive me, Your Highness, for I am but a monkey,
  原谅我陛下,我只是只猴子,
  and it is in my nature to climb.
  攀爬是我的天性。
  I did not mean to gaze upon you as you comb your hair."
  我并非有意要在你梳头时凝视你。
  -Lalita:I'm sorry?
  你说什么?
  -Sheldon:You are the living embodiment of the beautiful Princess Panchali.
  你就是美丽的Panchali公主的化身。
  -Lalita:Oh, no kidding.
  别开玩笑。
  Who... who is that?
  她...她是谁?
  -Sheldon:A beloved character from an Indian folktale.
  一个我心爱的印度民间故事的人物。
  -Lalita:Oh. Us Indian or "Come to our casino" Indian?
  是我们印度人还是开赌场的印第安人? (印度人和印第安人为同一单词)
  -Sheldon:You Indian.
  你们印度人。
  Oh. The resemblance is remarkable.
  你和她惊人的相似。
  I can practically smell the lotus blossoms woven into your ebony hair.
  我几乎闻到了你黑檀木般的秀发中绽开的白莲花的清香。
  -Lalita:Well, thanks.
  谢谢了。
  I imagine you smell very nice, too.
  我猜你身上的味道也很好闻。
  -Sheldon:I shower twice a day and wash my hands as often as I can.
  我每天洗两次澡,一有空就洗手。
  -Lalita:Really? So do I.
  真的吗?我也是。
  -Raj:But you're a dentist. He's nuts.
  但你是牙医,他是神经病。
  -Lalita:Don't be insulting, Rajesh.
  不许无礼 Rajesh
  So, Sheldon,
  那么Sheldon
  tell me more about this princess you say I look like.
  再给我讲讲你说的那个像我的公主。
  -Sheldon:It was said that the gods fashioned her eyes out of the stars and that roses were ashamed to bloom in the presence of her ruby lips.
  据说上帝用星星为她做了眼睛,玫瑰在她红宝石般的嘴唇前也羞于绽开。
  -Lalita:Oh, my.
  天啊。
  -Raj:Back off, Sheldon.
  让开Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:What?
  什么?
  -Raj:If you do not stop hitting on my lady,
  如果你不停止勾引我的女人,
  you will feel the full extent of my wrath.
  你将切身体会到我的愤怒。
  -Sheldon:I'm not hitting on her.
  我没勾引她。
  -Lalita:And I am not your lady.
  我也不是你的女人。
  -Howard:And you have no wrath.
  而且你并没有发怒。
  -Raj:You are my lady.
  你是我的女人。
  Our parents said so.
  咱们的父母都说了。
  We are, for all intents and purposes, 100% hooked up.
  咱们已经是板上钉钉100%是一对儿了。
  -Lalita:Okay, let's get something straight here.
  好,咱们把话说明白。
  The only reason I came tonight
  我今晚来这儿的唯一原因,
  was to get my parents off my case.
  就是为了摆脱我爸妈的唠叨。
  I certainly don't need to be getting this Old World crap from you.
  我可不需要你再给我讲那一套旧社会的废话。
  -Sheldon:That's exactly the kind of spirit with which Princess Panchali led the monkeys to freedom.
  这正是Panchali公主带领猴子们走向自由的那种精神。
  -Raj:Screw Princess Panchali.
  让Panchali公主去死吧。
  -Lalita:Hey, you can't talk to me like that.
  嘿,你不许那样对我说话。
  -Raj:But you're not Princess Panchali.
  但你不是Panchali公主。
  -Sheldon:Luckily for you-- she could have you beheaded.
  你真走运,她本该砍了你的头。
  -Lalita:Sheldon, are you hungry?
  Sheldon你饿了吗?
  -Sheldon:I could eat.
  我有胃口。
  -Lalita:Let's go.
  咱们走。
  -Raj:What just happened?
  刚刚发生了什么?
  -Leonard:Beats the hell out of me.
  令我大吃一惊。
  -Howard:I'll tell you what happened.
  让我告诉你发生了什么。
  I just learned how to pick up Indian chicks.
  我刚学会了怎么勾搭印度小妞。
  -Raj’ mother: What are we supposed to say to Lalita's parents?
  你让我们怎么对Lalita的父母说?
  -Raj’ father:I play golf with her father.
  我和她爸一起打高尔夫球。
  I won't be able to look at him.
  我都不能再看他了。
  -Raj:Maybe you should keep your eye on the ball, Papa.
  说不定你应该盯着球看,爸爸。
  -Raj’ father:Oh, now you're a funny man.
  现在你学会搞笑了?
  This is not funny, Mr. Funny Man.
  这并不搞笑,搞笑小子。
  -Leonard:Dr. and Mrs. Koothrappali,
  Koothrappali博士和夫人,
  in all fairness, it wasn't entirely Raj's fault.
  平心而论并不全是Raj的错。
  -Raj’ father:This is a family matter, Sheldon.
  这是家事Sheldon。
  -Leonard:I'm Leonard.
  我是Leonard。
  -Raj’ father:Oh, sorry.
  对不起。
  You all look alike to us.
  我们看你们长得都一样。
  -Raj:But he's right, Papa. Listen to him.
  但他是对的,爸爸听他说的。
  You! You are the one who ruined everything.
  你,你就是那个搞砸一切的人。
  -Raj’ mother:Who is it? We can't see.
  是谁?我们看不到。
  -Raj’ father:Turn us. Turn us.
  转过去,转过去。
  -Raj:Go ahead, tell my parents why they won't have any grandchildren.
  开始吧,给我爸妈讲讲他们为什么抱不上孙子了。
  -Sheldon:How would I know?
  我怎么会知道?
  Do you have a low sperm count?
  你精子数稀少吗?
  -Raj:This has nothing to do with my sperm count.
  这跟我的精子数没关系。
  -Raj’ mother:You are wearing the boxers that we sent you,
  你穿了我们寄给你的四角内裤,
  aren't you, Rajesh?
  对吗 Rajesh?
  -Raj:Yes, Mummy.
  是的,妈妈。
  -Raj’ mother:Because you know what happens to the samosas when you wear tighty-whities.
  你知道如果穿了三角裤,你的三角地带就会有毛病的。
  -Raj:Can we please stop talking about my testicles?
  咱们能不能别谈论我的睾丸了?
  Sheldon, tell them what you did.
  Sheldon告诉他们你做了什么。
  -Sheldon:What did I do?
  我做了什么?
  -Leonard:You left with his date.
  你把他的约会对象带走了。
  Friends don't do that to each other.
  朋友之间不做这样的事。
  -Sheldon: Oh. All right, noted.
  好吧,明白了。
  Sorry.
  对不起。
  -Raj:Sorry? That's all you can say is sorry?
  对不起? 你就只会说对不起?
  -Leonard:Take it, Raj. It's more than I've ever gotten.
  知足吧Raj,我从来没有这样的待遇。
  -Sheldon:And may I point out,
  请允许我指出一点,
  she wouldn't have asked me to go with her if you hadn't been drunk and boring.
  如果你没喝醉并且不无聊的话,她不会让我和她一起走的。
  -Raj’ father:Drunk?
  喝醉?
  -Sheldon:And boring-- her words.
  还有无聊...她的原话。
  -Raj’ father:I knew it. He moves to America and he becomes an alcoholic.
  我就知道,他去了美国就变成了酒鬼。
  -Raj:I'm not an alcoholic.
  我才不是酒鬼。
  -Raj’ father:Then why were you drunk?
  那你为什么喝醉了?
  -Raj:It was just this one time, Papa, I swear.
  只有那一次,爸爸我发誓。
  -Raj’ father:Are you in denial?
  你是在否认吗?
  Do we have to come over and do an intervention?
  我们有必要过去干涉你的生活吗?
  -Raj’ mother:Don't embarrass him in front of his friends.
  别在他朋友面前让他难堪。
  -Raj’ father:All right. Carry us outside.
  好吧,把我们搬到外面去。
  We want to talk to you in private.
  我们想跟你私下聊聊。
  -Raj:But, Papa, please...
  爸爸,求你了...
  -Raj’ father:Now, Rajesh!
  快Rajesh!
  -Raj:I have to go.
  我得走了。
  -Raj’ father:Now, listen to me...
  现在听我说...
  -Raj:At least wait till I get into the hall.
  起码等我到了走廊里再说。
  -Sheldon:Okay, well, good night.
  好吧,晚安。
  -Leonard:Hold on.
  等等。
  What happened with you and Lalita?
  你和Lalita怎么样了?
  -Sheldon:We ate, she lectured me on the link between gum and heart attacks--
  我们吃了饭,她给我讲了龈疾病和心脏病之间的联系...
  nothing I didn't already know--
  都是我早就知道的...
  and I came home.
  然后我就回家了。
  -Leonard:So you're not going to see her again?
  那你不准备再见她了?
  -Sheldon:Why would I see her again?
  为什么我要再见她?
  I already have a dentist.
  我已经有一个牙医了。
  -Leonard:I wonder who's going to tell his parents
  我想有人得告诉他父母,
  they're not having grandchildren?
  他们抱不上孙子了。
  -Leonard:I don't believe it. What's gotten into him?
  我真不敢相信,他喝了什么?
  -Penny:Oh, maybe a couple virgin Cuba Libres that turned out to be kind of slutty.
  可能是杯并不纯的纯自由古巴酒吧。
  -Leonard:You didn't.
  你不会吧。
  -Penny:Hey, you do your experiments. I do mine.
  嘿,你们做你们的实验,我做我的。
  obnoxious:讨厌的,可憎的
  vestigial:残留的
  wedge:挤入
  credit card:信用卡
  comb:梳理
  embodiment:化身
  casino:赌场
  woven into:把..编进…里
  ebony:黑檀木
  wrath:愤怒,狂怒
  behead:斩首,砍头
  Beats the hell:骇人透顶
  alcoholic:酒鬼,嗜酒者
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288129.html