生活大爆炸第一季第十集_1:The Loobenfeld Decay(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第十集_1:The Loobenfeld Decay

  -Leonard:The liquid metal Terminator were created in the future by Skynet, and Skynet was developed by Miles Dyson, but that future no longer exists due to Dyson's death in Terminator 2.
  液态金属终结者是在未来由天网系统创造的 (见"终结者2")而天网系统是由Miles Dyson设计的,可是在"终结者2"中 Dyson死了所以未来不存在了。
  -Sheldon:Okay, then riddle me this:
  好的,这样跟你解释吧。
  Assuming all the good Terminators were originally evil Terminators created by Skynet but then reprogrammed by the future John Connor.
  假设所有好的终结者一开始都是坏的,他们都是由天网系统制造的但被未来的Jone Conner重新编程。
  Why would Skynet, an artificial computer intelligence, bother to create a petite, hot, 17-year-old killer robot?
  那为什么天网系统这个人工智能计算机要去创造一个娇小火辣的17岁的杀人机器人?
  -Leonard:Skynet is kinky? I don't know...
  天网系统有怪癖?我不知道...
  -Sheldon:Artificial intelligences do not have teen fetishes.
  人工智能计算机才没有恋童癖。
  -Leonard:All right. Wait! They use it to...
  等等,他们用它来...
  -Sheldon:Too late. I win.
  来不及了,我赢了。
  -Penny:Let's go out tonight I have to go out tonight...
  让我们今夜狂欢,今夜我一定要狂欢…
  -Leonard:What the hell is that?
  那是什么鬼叫声?
  -Sheldon:I don't know, but if cats could sing... They’d hate it, too.
  我不知道,但是...如果猫能唱歌...它们也会恨这歌音
  -Penny:You want to prowl, be my night owl...
  你伺机徘徊与我共度良宵...
  Hey, guys! Hi! Where you going?
  嘿伙计们!嗨!你们要去哪?
  -Leonard:What? We just had to mail some letters and...throw away some chicken.
  什么?我们去寄几封信然后...把一些...鸡肉扔了...
  -Penny:You'll never guess what just happened.
  你们肯定猜不到发生了什么。
  -Leonard:Oh, I give up.
  我弃权。
  -Sheldon:I don't guess. As a scientist, I reach conclusions based on observation and experimentation...
  我不猜,作为一名科学家我只通过观察与实验得出结论。
  Although as I'm saying this, it occurs to me you may have been employing a rhetorical device rendering my response moot.
  虽然我这么说,我却觉得你可能一直都用的是设问句并不想听到这种答案。
  -Penny:What was that?
  什么意思?
  -Leonard:Believe it or not, personal growth. What happened?
  也许你不信,那是自我成长。发生什么事了?
  -Penny:All right, remember when I auditioned for that workshop production of Rent, but I didn't get it and I couldn't figure out why.
  好吧,记得我去音乐剧"吉屋出租"试镜么,但我没通过,不懂为什么。
  -Sheldon:I have a conclusion based on an observation.
  我有了一个基于观察的结论。
  -Leonard:No, you don't. No, he doesn't.
  你才没有呢。不他没有。
  -Penny:Well, the girl they picked to play Mimi-- she dropped out, and they asked me to replace her.
  嗯他们选中去扮演Mimi的女孩放弃了,制作单位让我代替她。
  -Leonard:Congratulations. What a lucky break.
  恭喜你,真是柳暗花明啊。
  -Penny:It's not that big a deal, just a one-night showcase, but they invite a lot of casting people and agents. So, you never know.
  没那么夸张就一晚上的表演,但是他们邀请了很多演员和经纪公司,所以,谁知道呢。
  -Sheldon:I think I know.
  我想我知道。
  -Leonard:No, you don’t. He doesn't.
  你不知道。他不知道。
  -Penny:It's this Friday night at 8:00. You guys want to come?
  是这个礼拜五晚上8点,你们愿意来看吗?
  -Together:No.
  -Leonard:Because... uh... Friday we are attending a symposium on molecular positronium.
  因为...呃...我们周五要去参加一个关于分子电子偶素的讨论会。
  -Sheldon:I think that's a week from Tuesday, at 6:00.
  我以为那是下周二6点。
  -Leonard:No, it's this Friday. At 8:00.
  不,是这周五8点。
  -Penny:Oh, too bad. Well, I gotta get to rehearsal. See you guys.
  哦太不巧了,我得去排练了。回见。
  -Leonard:See ya.
  拜拜。
  -Penny:Let's go out tonight...
  今夜让我们狂欢...
  -Sheldon:You just lie to Penny.
  你刚刚对Penny说谎。
  -Leonard:Yes, I did.
  是的,我说谎了。
  -Sheldon:And you did it so casually-- no rapid breathing, no increase in perspiration...
  你表显得那么随意-- 脸不红心不跳的...
  -Leonard:So?
  所以呢?
  -Sheldon:So, lack of a physiological response while lying is characteristic of a violent sociopath.
  撒谎时缺少应有的生理反应是暴力反社会分子的特征。
  -Leonard:Sheldon, are you worried about your safety?
  Sheldon 你在担心自己的安全吗?
  -Sheldon:No, I imagine if you were going to kill me, you'd have done it a long time ago.
  不,我想你要想杀我的话早就动手了。
  -Leonard:That's very true.
  那倒是实话。
  -Sheldon:Leonard? Leonard? Leonard?
  -Leonard:What?
  怎么了?
  -Sheldon:I need to speak to you.
  我需要和你谈谈。
  -Leonard:It's 2:00 in the morning!
  现在是凌晨2:00!
  -Sheldon:It's important.
  这很重要。
  -Leonard:I highly doubt that. Go away.
  我高度怀疑。走吧。
  Are you still out there?
  你是不是还在?
  -Sheldon:Yes.
  是的。
  -Leonard:What?
  到底什么事?
  -Sheldon:You're right; it can wait until morning.
  你说得对,可以明天再说。
  -Leonard:What, what, what, what, what?
  什什什什什么事?
  -Sheldon:Never mind. I clearly woke you up in the middle of a REM cycle. You're in no state of mind to talk.
  没什么。显然我把你从在深度睡眠中叫醒了,你没心情和我谈话了。
  -Leonard:Sheldon, what is it?
  Sheldon 到底是什么事?
  -Sheldon:I'm uncomfortable having been included in your lie to Penny.
  我被卷入你对Penny撒的谎,这让我很不安。
  -Leonard:What was I supposed to say?
  那我该说什么?
  -Sheldon:You could have told her the truth.
  你本该告诉她实话。
  -Leonard:That would have hurt her feelings.
  那会伤她的心的。
  -Sheldon:Is that a relevant factor?
  要考虑这个因素么?
  -Leonard:Yes.
  当然。
  -Sheldon:Then I suppose you could've agreed to go.
  那我认为你本应该答应去听她唱歌。
  -Leonard:And what would I have said afterwards?
  那我之后该怎么说?
  -Sheldon:I would suggest something to the effect of:
  我会这么建议她:
  Singing is neither an appropriate vocation nor avocation for you,
  唱歌对你来说既不是合适的职业也不适合做业余爱好,
  and if you disagree, I'd recommend you have a CAT scan to look for a tumor pressing on the cognitive processing centers of your brain.
  如果你不赞同我会建议你做个计算机断层扫描,检查是否有肿瘤压迫你大脑的认知处理中心。
  -Leonard:I couldn't say that. I would have to say, "You were terrific and I can't wait to hear you sing again."
  我不能那么说。我只可能说"你唱得太棒了,我都等不及想要再听一遍了"
  -Sheldon:Why?
  为什么?
  -Leonard:That's the social protocol. It's what you do when you have a friend who's proud of something they really suck at.
  那是社交礼节。当你的朋友对他们做得很烂的事却觉得自豪时你就得这么做。
  -Sheldon:I was not aware of that.
  我还真不知道。
  -Leonard:Well, now you are.
  那你现在知道了。
  -Sheldon:All right. Leonard?
  好吧。Leonard?
  -Leonard:Yes?
  什么?
  -Sheldon:When we played chess earlier, you were terrific, and I can't wait to play you again. Good night.
  先前我们下棋时你下的实在是太好了,我都等不及想和你再来一局了。晚安。
  -Sheldon:Leonard? Leonard? Leonard?
  -Leonard:Oh... This would be so much easier if I were a violent sociopath.
  哦... 如果我是个暴力反社会分子,这事就容易解决了。
  -Sheldon:Leonard? Leonard?
  -Leonard:What?
  又怎么了?
  -Sheldon:I was analyzing our lie, and I believe we're in danger of Penny seeing through the ruse.
  我在分析我们撒的谎,我觉得Penny很有可能会看出来的。
  -Leonard:How?
  怎么说?
  -Sheldon:Simple: If she were to log onto www.socalphysixsgroup.org/activities/other, click on "Upcoming Events," scroll down to "Seminars," download the PDF schedule,
  很简单:如果她访问了这个地址 www.socalphysixsgroup.org/activities/other,点击 "近期活动" 滚动到 "学术讨论会"下载了PDF格式的活动时间表
  and look for the seminar on molecular positronium, well then, bippity, boppity, boo-- our pants are metaphorically on fire.
  找分子电子偶素的讨论会,然后吡噼吡噼咘,我们就火烧屁股了。
  Well, sir, my trousers will not be igniting today.
  好吧先生,我不会让我的裤子今天着火的。
  -Sheldon:Penny? Penny? Penny? Good morning.
  Penny? Penny? Penny? 早上好啊。
  -Penny:Do you have any idea what time it is?
  你知道现在几点吗?
  -Sheldon:Of course I do.
  当然知道。
  My watch is linked to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado. It's accurate to one-tenth of a second.
  我的手表是按照科罗拉多波尔得的原子钟调的时间精确到十分之一秒。
  But as I'm saying this, it occurs to me that, once again, your question may have been rhetorical.
  但我说这些的时候又想到了你不是真的要问我时间。
  -Penny:What do you want?
  有什么事吗?
  -Sheldon:Remember how Leonard told you we couldn't come to your performance because we were attending a symposium on molecular positronium?
  还记得Leonard告诉你我们不能去看你的表演是因为我们要去参加一个分子电子偶素的讨论会?
  -Penny:I remember "symposium."
  我记得"讨论会"
  -Sheldon:Yes. Well... he lied.
  是的呃.. 他撒谎了。
  -Penny:Wait. What?
  等一下,你说什么?
  -Sheldon:He lied, and I'm feeling very uncomfortable about it.
  他说谎了,对此我觉得很不舒服。
  -Penny:Well, imagine how I'm feeling.
  想想我现在的感受吧。
  -Sheldon:Hungry? Tired? I'm sorry; this really isn't my strong suit.
  你饿了?很累?对不起这个我真的不在行。
  Terminator:终结者
  Skynet:天网
  riddle:谜;解谜
  reprogram:改编
  artificial intelligence:人工智能
  petite:娇小的
  kinky:古怪的
  fetish:恋物
  prowl:徘徊
  rhetorical:修辞的
  rendering:表现
  moot:无实际意义的
  audition:试镜
  lucky break y:命运的转机
  showcase:展示,演出
  symposium:讨论会
  positronium:电子偶素
  rehearsal:排练
  sociopath:反社会的人
  avocation:业余爱好
  CAT scan:计算机分层造影扫描
  tumor:瘤
  cognitive:认知的
  protocol:礼仪
  ruse:诡计
  log onto:登陆
  scroll down:(电脑屏幕上)从上到下移动(资料等)
  ignite:点燃
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288133.html