生活大爆炸第一季第十集_2:The Loobenfeld Decay(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第十集_2:The Loobenfeld Decay

  -Leonard:You told her I lied? Why would you tell her I lied?
  你告诉她我撒谎了? 你为什么要告诉她?
  -Sheldon:To help you.
  为了帮你。
  -Leonard:I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the help.
  对不起我没觉得你帮上什么了。
  -Sheldon:She was going to see through your lie eventually, so I told her that you were lying to protect me.
  她最终会看穿你的谎言,所以我告诉她你撒谎了来保护我自己。
  -Leonard:Ohh... I'm getting a bad feeling.
  哦... 我感觉很不好。
  -Sheldon:Hunger? Indigestion? I'm sorry; I'm really not very good at this.
  你饿了?消化不良?对不起我真的对这种事不在行。
  Anyway, Penny now believes that, on Friday night, we're going to participate in my cousin Leopold's drug intervention.
  不管怎么说,Penny现在相信星期五晚上我们要去参加我堂兄Leopold的药物干预治疗。
  -Leonard:Your cousin Leopold.
  你的堂兄Leopold。
  -Sheldon:Who most people call Leo, but he also answers to Lee. Remember that. It's important.
  大家都叫他Leo 但是叫他Lee他也答应,记住这一点这很重要。
  -Leonard:What's important?
  有什么很重要的?
  -Sheldon:Details, Leonard-- the success or failure of our deceitful enterprise turns on details.
  细节Leonard--细节决定成败,我们欺骗事件的成败都取决于细节。
  -Leonard:Do you have a cousin Leopold?
  你有个堂兄叫Leopold的?
  -Sheldon:No. I made him up. I think you'd call him Lee.
  没有,我编的我想你应该叫他 Lee。
  -Leonard:I don't get it. I already told her a lie. Why replace it with a different lie?
  我不明白,我已经跟她说谎了,为什么要用另一个谎来代替呢?
  -Sheldon:Well, first of all, your lie was laughably transparent, where mine is exquisitely convoluted. While you were sleeping, I was weaving an un-unravelable web.
  呃首先,你那个谎撒的太明显了,而我的谎则掩饰得很深,你睡觉的时候我在构思一个拆不穿的谎言。
  -Leonard:Un-unravelable?
  拆不穿?
  -Sheldon:Yes. If she Googles "Leopold Houston," she'll find a Facebook page, an online blog depicting his descent into drug use and a desperate yet hopeful listing on eHarmony.com.
  是的,如果他搜索 "Leopold Houston" 她会找到一个Facebook的页面---在线博客描述他对毒品的深陷以及在eHarmony.com(交友网站)上找到一个令人绝望却又有希望的列表。
  -Leonard:Okay, why would I go to a drug intervention for your cousin?
  好吧,为什么我要去参加你堂兄的药物干预治疗?
  -Sheldon:Ah! Because it's in Long Beach, and I don't drive.
  啊! 因为是在长滩 (洛杉矶) 我不会开车。
  -Leonard:We're going to Long Beach?
  我们要去长滩?
  -Sheldon:No, of course not. There's no cousin Leo. There's no intervention. Focus, Leonard.
  不,当然不去,没有Leo这个人也没有什么药物干预治疗。集中点精神 Leonard。
  -Leonard:Aw, come on.
  哦算了吧。
  -Sheldon:We just leave the house on Friday night and we return in the wee hours, emotionally wrung out, from the work of convincing Leo to go back into rehab.
  我们只要星期五晚上出去第二天一早回来就行了,为了说服Leo回戒毒所而疲惫不堪。
  -Leonard:He goes back into rehab?
  他回去戒毒所?
  -Sheldon:Yes, but, he can relapse if Penny ever invites us to hear her sing again.
  是的,如果Penny又邀请我们去听她唱歌,他可以出来旧病复发。
  -Leonard:You still told her I lied.
  可你还是跟她说我撒谎了。
  -Sheldon:For a noble purpose-- to spare me the social embarrassment of having a drug-addled first cousin-- which I'm assuming is embarrassing, yes?
  因为一个高尚的目的--把难堪的处境留给自己-- 装作有一个嗜毒为命的堂兄,至少我认为这很难堪,难道不是吗?
  -Leonard:How am I supposed to remember all of this?
  这么多我怎么记得住?
  -Sheldon:Oh, that's the best part. You don't have to. See, I told Penny that you would be embarrassed if you knew that she found out that you had lied, so she's agreed to operate as if the original lie is still in force.
  这是最精彩的部分你不需要记,听着我告诉Penny如果你知道她发现你撒了谎你会尴尬的,
  所以她同意表现得仍被蒙在鼓里。
  -Leonard:So she's expecting me to lie about going to a symposium in Pasadena, when, in actuality, we're pretending to go to a drug intervention in Long Beach.
  那么她以为我会继续跟她撒谎说我们要去帕萨迪纳 (洛杉矶城市)参加讨论会,但是 "事实是" 我们要假装去长滩参加药物干预治疗。
  -Sheldon:Un-unravelable.
  拆不穿的谎言。
  -Leonard:Oh, hey, Penny. Wow, look at you, all ready for your showcase. You look great.
  嘿 Penny 哇哦,看看你完全准备好上台了,你看起来光彩照人。
  -Penny:Thanks. I just wanted to come by and wish you guys luck with your... symposium.
  谢谢,我只是顺路祝你们...讨论会顺利。
  -Leonard:Oh. Well, thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Penny:You know, I got to tell you, a lot of friends would let their friend go alone, but that's not who you are.
  我不得不说很多人都让自己的朋友落单,但你们不是那样的人,
  You are the kind of guy who stands by a friend when... when he has a symposium to go to.
  你们是那种会守在朋友身边当...当他要去参加一个讨论会。
  -Leonard:I don't know what to say.
  我不知道该说什么。
  -Penny:It's okay, Leonard.
  没关系 Leonard。
  -Leonard:Oh, okay, all right, good.
  好吧,好的,挺好的。
  -Howard:Oh, boy, group hug.
  兄弟团抱。
  -Penny:Uh-uh.
  啊-啊.
  -Howard:Uh-uh? Okay. So, what's up?
  啊-啊?好吧,怎么回事啊?
  -Sheldon:Well, Penny is on her way to perform in a one-night showcase production of Rent,
  Penny正要去参加吉屋出租的专场演出,
  which we are unable to attend, because we're going to a symposium on molecular positronium given by Dr. Emil Farmanfarmian.
  我们去不了因为我们要去参加有关分子电子偶素的学术研讨会,研讨会将由Emil Farmanfarmian博士主讲。
  -Howard:Wait a minute-- Farmanfarmian is speaking and you're bogarting the symposium?
  等一下--- Farmanfarmian博士主讲而你们要独吞研讨会?
  -Leonard:Howard, I'm sorr... We-we...
  Howard 对不起...我们...我们...
  -Howard:No, no, you're quark-blocking us.
  不不,你们在夸克阻断我们 (指防得太严了)。
  -Leonard:I don't know what to say. Howard, listen...
  我不知道该说什么。Howard 听我说...
  -Howard:No, it's okay. It's your Millennium Falcon. You and Chewbacca do whatever you want to do. Me and Princess Leia here will find some other way to spend the evening.
  不不用解释了,这是你们的千年鹰号宇宙飞船 (见"星球大战"),你和Chewbacca爱干什么干什么吧。(Chewbacca是"星球大战"中的角色),我跟Leia公主今天晚上自己找乐子去。
  -Penny:Howard, wait. Wai... Sheldon, I think we should tell them.
  Howard 等等等等,Sheldon 我想我们应该坦白。
  -Sheldon:Okay, sure. I don't see a problem with that.
  好的,当然,我觉得没问题。
  -Penny:There's no symposium. Leonard lied to me. Isn't that right, Leonard?
  没什么讨论会。Leonard 对我撒谎了,对吧Leonard?
  -Leonard:Well... I don't know what to say!
  呃... 我不知道该说什么!
  -Penny:It's okay; I do.
  没关系的,我来说。
  Look, Leonard is helping Sheldon through a family crisis. He made up the whole story about the symposium with Dr. Farman... Farmian...
  是这样的,Leonard要帮助Sheldon度过家庭危机,他编了这个有关研讨会的谎话说Farman...博士。
  -Sheldon:Good for you.
  好记性。
  -Penny:...because he didn't want Sheldon to be embarrassed. And there is nothing to be embarrassed about, okay?
  因为他不想令Sheldon难堪,其实没什么好难堪的好不好?
  Every family in America has a relative holed up in a garage somewhere huffing paint thinner.
  美国哪个人没有个亲戚住在破烂的车库里苟延残喘的。
  -Howard:No, I'm lost, too. I think she skipped a step.
  不,我也糊涂了,我想她省略得太多了。
  -Penny:No, look. Sheldon's cousin Leo escaped rehab, and he's in a Motel 8 in Long Beach.The whole family's going out for an intervention.
  不是的听着,Sheldon的堂兄Leo中断了戒毒,现在住在长滩的8号旅馆全家都要去参加他的干预治疗。
  Leonard is driving Sheldon down there to help him through this, because he's such a good man.
  Leonard只是开车载Sheldon去那里帮他度过这一切,因为他是这么好的一个人。
  -Leonard:Oh, another hug? Thank you.
  哦又抱? 谢谢你。
  -Penny:All right, you guys, good luck.
  好了朋友们,祝你们好运。
  -Leonard:Thanks, Penny. Oh-- break a leg.
  谢谢你 Penny。祝你出门摔倒。
  -Sheldon:Break a leg.
  祝你出门摔倒 (说晦气话以带来好运)。
  -Howard:So, road trip to Long Beach.
  那么开车去长滩。
  -Leonard:No. We're not going to Long Beach.
  不,我们不去长滩。
  -Raj:Why not?
  为什么?
  -Leonard:Because Sheldon doesn't have a drug-addicted cousin Leopold.
  因为Sheldon没有什么吸毒的堂兄。
  -Raj:Oh, too bad. I've always wanted to go to Long Beach.
  真可惜,我一直想去长滩来着。
  -Sheldon:It's a very nice community. The Queen Mary is docked there.
  那个地方很棒,Mary皇后号停泊在那里。
  Once the largest ocean liner in the world, it's now a hotel and restaurant, where they host a surprisingly gripping murder mystery dinner.
  它曾经是世界上最大的邮轮现在作为旅馆和饭店,他们在那举办了一种扣人心弦的谋杀谜局晚宴(一种游戏)。
  -Raj:Sounds fun.
  听起来不错。
  -Howard:I'm game. Shotgun!
  我也要玩,散弹枪!
  -Sheldon:No, no, no. Leonard gets nauseous unless he sits in front, and even then, it's iffy.
  别别别,Leonard 不坐在前排会吐的,就算坐在前排也不一定不吐。
  -Leonard:Wait, are we... really going to Long Beach?!
  等一下,我们... 真的要去长滩?!
  Indigestion:消化不良
  transparent:显而易见的
  exquisitely:精巧的
  convoluted:复杂的
  weave:杜撰
  unravel:拆开
  depict:描述
  descent:沦落
  wee hours:凌晨
  rehab:戒毒所
  addled:腐坏的
  bogart:[俚语] 独占某物
  huff:深呼吸
  paint thinner:涂料稀释剂
  gripping:引人入胜的
  murder mystery dinner:谋杀谜局晚宴(一种游戏)
  nauseous:令人作呕的
  iffy:不确定的,可疑的
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288134.html