生活大爆炸第一季第十二集_3:The Jerusalem Duality(在线收听

   -Gablehauser:Dr. Cooper.

  Cooper博士
  Oh, are we interrupting?
  我们打扰你吗?
  -Sheldon:No, no. Please come in.
  没有,请进。
  Yeah, I think you'll appreciate this.
  我觉得你会欣赏这个,
  This is very exciting.
  非常激动人心。
  -Gablehauser:Oh, what are you working on?
  噢,你在研究什么?
  -Sheldon:Something remarkable.
  一些了不起的东西。
  Since my prospects for the Nobel Prize in physics have disappeared--
  既然我不太可能拿到诺贝尔物理奖了--
  Thank you very much--
  全拜你所赐--
  I've decided to refocus my efforts and use my people skills to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
  我决定转移我的精力,利用我的人际交往能力去赢得诺贝尔和平奖。
  Look.
  瞧这儿。
  I'm going to solve the Middle East crisis by building an exact replica of Jerusalem in the middle of the Mexican desert.
  我要解决中东危机,办法就是在墨西哥沙漠里精确地再造一个耶路撒冷。
  -Gablehauser:To what end?
  为什么?
  -Sheldon:You know, it's like the baseball movie.
  你知道,就象那个关于棒球的电影。
  Build it and they will come.
  建成了他们就会来了。
  -Gablehauser:Who will come?
  谁会来?
  -Sheldon:The Jewish people.
  犹太人。
  -Gablehauser:What if they don't come?
  要是他们不来呢?
  -Sheldon:We'll make it nice, put out a spread.
  那就建造得很好再做做宣传。
  -Gablehauser:Okay, well, um...
  好吧,那个,呃...
  speaking of spreads,
  说起宴会,
  We’re having a small welcoming party this afternoon
  我们今天下午为Kim先生办一个小型欢迎会,
  For Mr. Kim who's agreed to join us here at the university.
  他已经决定加入我们大学了。
  -Sheldon:Of course he has.
  那当然了。
  The Oracle told us little Neo was the one.
  当然了,Oracle告诉过我们小Neo就是那个人 (参见"黑客帝国"的情节)。
  You can see The Matrix, can't you?
  你能看见Matrix,对吧 (参见"黑客帝国"的情节)?
  -Gablehauser:Okay,
  好了。
  Well, obviously you're very busy with your, uh, um...
  显然你正忙着...
  Come, Dennis.
  走吧Dennis。
  You'll have to excuse Dr. Cooper.
  你别介意Cooper博士。
  He's been under a lot of, um...
  他受到很大的...
  He's nuts.
  他疯了。
  -Dennis:Ay yay yay yay ,Hava nagila...
  * 哎呀呀呀 * * 大家来庆祝 *
  They'll come, they'll settle, and I'll win the prize.
  * 他们会来,他们会住下,我会拿到奖。 *(著名犹太民歌)
  -Sheldon:I really don't understand your objections, Professor Goldfarb.
  我真不明白你的反对理由,Goldfarb教授。
  Why wouldn't the Sonora Desert make a perfectly good promised land?
  Sonora沙漠为什么不能成为一个好的"应许之地" (指以色列的国土)?
  -Man(Professor Goldfarb):Go away.
  走开。
  -Sheldon:We could call it Nuevo Jerusalem.
  可以改名叫新耶路撒冷。
  -Man(Professor Goldfarb):Please go away.
  请走开。
  -Sheldon:Said Pharaoh to Moses.
  法老对摩西说的也是这句。
  -Gablehauser:Why are all these young women here?
  怎么来了这么多年轻女孩子?
  -Leonard:It's Take Your Daughter To Work Day.
  今天是"带女儿上班日"。
  -Gablehauser:Really? I was not aware of that.
  真的吗?我怎么不知道。
  -Raj:Oh, yes.
  没错。
  There was a very official e-mail that was sent to everyone whose insurance files indicated they had daughters between the ages of 14 and 16.
  凡是保险档案上写着他们的女儿是14-16岁之间的人,都收到了一封很正式的通知电邮。
  -Howard:Smooth.
  说得好。
  -Raj:Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Gablehauser:There's the man of the hour.
  主角来了。
  -Leonard:Okay, so we now have a socially-awkward genius in a room full of attractive, age-appropriate women.
  好了,现在不善社交的天才和一屋子年龄相仿的漂亮女孩共处一室。
  -Howard:All he has to do now is hook up with one of them.
  他只需要搭上其中一个。
  -Leonard:Anyone else see the flaw in this plan?
  还有谁看出这个计划的缺陷了。
  -Raj:We need a social catalyst.
  我们需要个社交催化剂。
  -Howard:Like what?
  比如什么?
  -Leonard:We can't get 15-year-old girls drunk.
  咱们也不能灌醉15岁的女孩。
  -Howard:Or can we?
  或者可以?
  -Leonard:No, we can't.
  不行,咱们不能。
  -Howard:I don't think you mean "we can't."
  我觉得你的意思不是"我们不能",
  I think you mean "we shouldn't."
  我想你的意思是"我们不该"。
  -Sheldon:Hey, Howard, you're a Jew.
  嗨Howard,你是犹太人。
  If there was another Wailing Wall exactly like the one in Jerusalem
  假如有一面和耶路撒冷那个一模一样的哭墙,
  But close to taco stands and cheap prescription drugs,
  不过附近就有墨西哥小吃和廉价药品。
  Would you still be able to wail at it?
  你还哭得出来吗?
  Okay, it's definitely me.
  好吧,肯定是我的问题。
  -Leonard:Okay, we cannot leave this to chance.
  好吧,咱们不能靠运气。
  Let's pick a girl and figure out how to get her together with Dennis.
  挑一个女孩,再想怎么把她和Dennis撮合在一起。
  -Raj:Okay,
  好的。
  How about that one?
  那个怎么样?
  -Howard:Uh-uh. I know the type.
  不行,我了解这类女孩子。
  Cheerleader, student council, goes out with the jocks,
  拉拉队长,学生会成员,专门约会体育健将,
  Won’t even look at anybody in the gifted program.
  根本不会正眼看优异生班的学生。
  And if, after two years of begging, she does agree to go out with you,
  即使在你哀求两年后,她终于肯跟你约会,
  It turns out to be a setup
  结果你会发现那不过是个圈套。
  And you're in the backseat of your mom's car with your pants off
  你在你妈的车后座上脱了裤子,
  While the whole football team laughs at y...
  橄榄球队全体球员都在笑话你…
  -Raj:Are you crying?
  你哭了吗?
  -Howard:No, I have allergies.
  没有,我有过敏性反应。
  -Raj:Okay, um, oh, hey, how about her?
  好吧,那个怎么样?
  -Leonard:Sure, if he wants to spend a couple years doing her homework
  当然,假如他想花两年时间帮她写作业,
  While she drinks herself into a stupor with nonfat White Russians.
  而期间她把自己灌的酩酊大醉,
  And you're the one holding her head out of the toilet
  然后你得在马桶旁边扶着她的头,
  While she's puking and telling you she wishes "more guys were like you."
  她则一边呕吐一边说,她希望"更多男人像你一样"。
  And then she gets into Cornell because you wrote her essay for her
  接着她进了康奈尔大学,因为她的申请作品是你帮她写的,
  And you drive up to visit her one weekend
  可你周末开车去看她的时候,
  And she acts like she doesn't even know you.
  她却好像根本不认识你。
  -Raj:Okay, so not her, either.
  好吧,那也不选她。
  Oh, hey, how about her?
  嗨,她怎么样?
  -Howard:Oh, interesting, kind of pretty,
  有意思,有点姿色,
  A little chubby, so probably low self-esteem.
  稍嫌丰满,所以可能不太自信。
  -Leonard:I think that's our girl.
  我觉得就是她了。
  One of us should go talk to her.
  咱们得有个人去跟她聊聊。
  -Raj:I can't talk to her-- you do it.
  我不能跟她说话,你去吧。
  -Leonard:I can't just go up and talk to her.
  我不能就这么走过去跟她说话。
  Howard, you talk to her.
  Howard你去跟她聊。
  -Howard:I don't know,
  我不知道。
  She’ll never go for the kid once she gets a peek at this.
  见识过我的风采之后,她肯定不会再对那孩子动心了。
  -Raj:You know, if we were in India, this would be simpler.
  要是在印度就简单了。
  Five minutes with her dad, 20 goats and a laptop, and we'd be done.
  跟她爸谈5分钟,20只山羊再加上一部手提电脑,一切搞定。
  -Leonard:Well, we're not in India.
  咱们现在不是在印度。
  -Raj:All right, why don't we do it your way then?
  好吧,那就照你的方案作。
  We'll arrange for this girl to move in across the hall from Dennis
  们安排这个女孩搬到Dennis宿舍对面住,
  So he can pathetically moon over her for months on end.
  这样他就可以每天想着她茶饭不思。
  -Leonard:Okay, that was uncalled for.
  你有点过分了。
  -Howard:You started it, dude.
  你先开始的,老兄。
  -Gablehauser:Could I have everyone's attention, please?
  可以占用大家一点时间么。
  What a wonderful occasion this is,
  多好的聚会。
  And how fortunate that it should happen to fall on Take Your Daughter to Work Day.
  又恰好跟"带女儿上班日"在同一天。
  We're here to welcome Mr. Dennis Kim to our little family.
  我们在此欢迎Dennis Kim先生加入我们的小家庭。
  -Sheldon:Welcome, Dennis Kim.
  欢迎Dennis Kim。
  -Gablehauser:Mr. Kim was not only the valedictorian at Stanford University,
  Kim先生不仅是斯坦福毕业典礼的学生致词代表,
  He is also the youngest recipient of the prestigious Stevenson Award.
  他同时也是著名的史蒂文森奖的最年轻得主。
  -Sheldon:Youngest till the cyborgs rise up!
  在半机械人出现之前最年轻的而已!
  -Gablehauser:And now, without any further ado,
  现在,我不再浪费时间,
  Let me introduce the man of the hour, Mr. Dennis Kim.
  让我向大家介绍今天的主角Dennis Kim先生。
  Dennis? Dennis!
  Dennis? Dennis!
  -Dennis:What?!
  什么事?!
  -Gablehauser:Would you like to tell us a little bit about your upcoming research?
  你想不想给我们讲讲你接下来的研究方向?
  -Dennis:No, thanks.
  不了,谢谢。
  I'm going to the mall with Emma.
  我要跟Emma去商场。
  -Leonard:The kid got a girl.
  那孩子泡到了一个女孩。
  -Raj:Unbelievable.
  难以置信。
  -Howard:Did anyone see how he did it?
  有人看见他是怎么做到的吗?
  -Sheldon:Don't worry, I've got this.
  别担心,交给我。
  Ladies and gentlemen,
  女士们,先生们,
  Honored daughters,
  尊贵的女儿们。
  While Mr. Kim, by virtue of his youth and naivete,
  虽然Kim先生由于他的年轻和天真,
  Has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact,
  向参与社交的莫名渴望屈服。
  Let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted,
  让我出来向你们保证,我的研究是不会受到干扰的,
  And that social relationship will continue to baffle and repulse me.
  社交关系会继续令我感到迷惑和憎恶。
  Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Howard:He's back.
  他恢复正常了。
  -Leonard:Yeah, mission accomplished.
  任务圆满完成。
  -Raj:Forget the mission.
  别管什么任务了。
  How did that little yutz get a girl on his own?
  那个小崽子是怎么把女孩搞到手的?
  -Howard:I guess times have changed since we were young.
  我想时代已经和我们小时候不一样了。
  Smart is the new sexy.
  聪明就是新一类的性感。
  -Leonard:Then why do we go home alone every night?
  那咱们怎么每晚还是一个人回家?
  We're still smart.
  咱们还是聪明啊。
  -Raj:Maybe we're too smart.
  也许咱们太聪明了,
  So smart it's off-putting.
  聪明到让人不舒服的地步。
  -Howard:Yeah, let's go with that.
  好吧,就这么想吧。
  Unbelievable.
  难以置信。
  Components I built are on the International Space Station
  国际空间站上有我亲手造的零件,
  And I get a ticket for launching a model rocket in the park.
  可我想到公园发射一个火箭模型还得吃张罚单。
  -Leonard:I don't know if the ticket was so much for the launch
  我觉得那罚单跟发射无关,
  As it was for you telling the policewoman,
  更可能是因为你跟那个女警察说,
  "You have to frisk me. I have another rocket in my pants."
  "你必须搜我的身,我裤子里还有一个火箭"。
  -Raj:Hey, look at that.
  嗨,看那边。
  -Leonard:It's Dennis Kim.
  Dennis Kim。
  -Howard:Wow, I almost didn't recognize him.
  喔,我差点没认出他来。
  -Raj:You know, I kind of feel bad about what we did to him.
  说起来,咱们对他干的事让我有点内疚。
  -Leonard:Yeah, we really ruined his life.
  对,咱们真是毁了他的一生。
  -Sheldon:Screw him-- he was weak.
  去他的—他太软弱
  词汇:
  interrupt:打断
  appreciate:欣赏
  exciting:令人激动的
  remarkable:不寻常的,引人注目的
  prospects:前途
  Nobel Prize:诺贝尔奖
  disappeared:不存在的
  refocus:调整重心
  efforts:努力
  peace:和平
  solve:解决
  Middle East:中东地区
  crisis:危机
  replica:复制品
  Jerusalem:耶路撒冷
  Mexican:墨西哥的
  desert:沙漠
  baseball:棒球
  Jewish:犹太人的
  put out:发布
  spread:传播
  speaking of:谈到…
  Oracle:圣贤
  obviously:显然地
  nuts:发疯的,傻的
  objections:反对的理由
  Sonora:索诺拉州
  Desert:沙漠
  promised land:乐土,福地
  Jerusalem:耶路撒冷
  Pharaoh:法老
  Moses:摩西
  be aware of:知道
  official:正式的
  insurance:保险
  files:文件
  indicate:指出
  socially:善于社交的
  awkward:笨拙的
  socially-awkward:不善社交的
  genius:天才
  appropriate:适当的
  flaw:缺点
  catalyst:催化剂
  Jew:犹太人
  taco(墨西哥)玉米面包卷
  prescription:处方,药方
  drugs:药
  wail:哭叫
  definitely:明确的
  chance:机会,运气
  figure out:解决
  Cheerleader:拉拉队队长
  student council:学生会
  jocks:(大学)运动员
  gifted:有才华的
  beg:祈求
  turns out:结果的
  setup:计划
  backseat:后座
  pants:裤子
  laughs at:取笑
  allergy:过敏症
  stupor:恍惚,昏迷
  nonfat:脱脂的
  toilet:厕所
  puke:呕吐
  essay:短文
  chubby:圆胖的,丰满的
  self-esteem:自信
  peek:很快地看
  goats:山羊
  laptop:笔记本电脑
  arrange:安排
  across:在…对面
  uncalled for:不适当的
  occasion:特殊场合,庆典
  fortunate:幸运的
  fall on:落到,轮到
  valedictorian:至告别辞者
  Stanford University:斯坦福大学
  recipient:接受者
  prestigious:有威信的
  Award:奖
  cyborgs:电子人,半机器人
  without any further ado:干脆,痛快
  ado:无谓的忙乱
  upcoming:即将到来的
  mall:上场,购物中心
  by virtue of:由于
  naivete:天真
  prey:捕食
  inexplicable:神秘的
  contact:交往
  step in:介入
  assure:使确信
  uninterrupted:不受干扰的
  social:交际的
  relationships:关系
  baffle:使为难
  repulse:拒绝
  mission:使命
  accomplish:完成
  components:部件,零件
  Space Station:太空站
  ticket:罚款单
  launch:发射
  model:模型
  frisk:搜…身
  recognize:认出
  ruin:毁坏
  Wailing Wall:(犹太人的)哭墙,安慰墙
  Jerusalem:耶路撒冷
  simple:简单
  pathetically:哀婉动人的,情绪上的
  moon over: 对...发呆
  on end:连续的
  off-putting:令人不愉快的
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288141.html