生活大爆炸第二季第二集_3:The Codpiece Topology(在线收听

   -Leonard:Why don't we all move over there so Leslie can join us?

  我们干嘛不移到那边去,这样Leslie就可以坐在一起了。
  -Howard:Yeah, let's do it.
  好的,去吧。
  -Sheldon:If you're having trouble deciding where to sit, may I suggest one potato, two potato? Or as I call it, the Leslie Winkle experimental methodology.
  experimental:实验的 methodology:方法论
  如果你很难决定去做哪边,我可以建议看一下《一个土豆,两个土豆》[影片名]或者我叫它的Leslie Winkle实验性方法论。
  -Leonard:Don't make this hard for me.
  别让我难做啊。
  -Sheldon:It's not hard. It's simple. You can either sit with me, your friend, colleague and roommate or you can sit with an overrated scientist you might have sex with.
  simple:简单 colleague:同事 roommate:室友 overrated:高估的
  一点也不难,非常简单,你要么跟我,你的朋友、同事还有室友一起坐,要么跟一个你们可能一起睡过的被高估的科学家一起坐。
  -Leonard:You're right, it is simple.
  你说对了,非常简单。
  -Penny:Hey, Sheldon.
  -Sheldon:Penny.
  -Penny:Third floor tonight-- mixing it up?
  今晚跑三楼了,换着坐吗?
  I still don't understand why you don't just go to dinner or something.
  我还是不明白,为什么你不去吃饭或是什么?
  -Sheldon:All right, Let's say I go to dinner alone, And during the meal, I have to use the restroom. How do I know someone's not touching my food?
  alone:单独的 restroom:洗手间 touch:触摸
  好吧,那我们就说我独自去吃饭,我吃饭的时候如果我要去上厕所,我怎么知道有没有人碰了我的食物。
  -Penny:Good night, Sheldon.
  晚安Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:Penny, hold on.
  Penny等一下。
  Are you sure things can't work out with you and Leonard?
  work out:解决
  你确定你和Leonard没戏了?
  -Penny:Excuse me?
  你说什么?
  -Sheldon:I'm just wondering if you really gave it the old college try. Or in your case, the old community college try.
  college:大学,学院 community college:社区学院
  我只是在想你会不会试试上大学或者就你而言试试上社区大学的做法。
  -Penny:Okay, where is this coming from?
  好了,这从何说起?
  -Sheldon:Leonard is upstairs right now with my archenemy.
  archenemy:主要敌人
  Leonard此刻正在楼上和我的死敌在一起。
  -Penny:Your archenemy?
  你的死敌?
  -Sheldon:Yes, the Dr. Doom to my Mr. Fantastic.
  是的,就如毁灭博士对神奇侠。
  Dr. Octopus to my Spider-Man,
  章鱼博士对蜘蛛侠。
  The Dr. Divana to my Captain Marvel.
  西瓦那博士对超人上尉。
  -Penny:I get it, I get it, I get it.
  我明白了,明白了,明白了。
  -Sheldon:Do you know, it's amazing how many super-villains have advanced degrees.
  amazing:令人惊异的 villain:坏人,恶棍 advanced degree:高级学位
  那你知道,这么多超级坏人都有高学位真得很令人惊奇。
  Graduate school should probably do a better job of screening those people out.
  Graduate school:研究生 screen:审查,甄选
  研究所或许真该把工作做得更好些把这些人删选出去。
  -Penny:Sheldon, come back. you're losing me.
  Sheldon打住,你把我绕晕了。
  -Sheldon:It's Leslie winkle, penny. She belittles my research.
  belittle:轻视,贬低
  Leslie winkle是我的死敌,她看不起我的研究。
  -Penny:Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry.
  亲爱的,太遗憾了。
  -Sheldon:She called me "dumbass."
  她叫我"傻蛋"。
  -Penny:I know. I heard.
  我知道,听见了。
  -Sheldon:Given this situation, I have no choice but to withdraw my previous objections to your ill-considered relationship with Leonard.
  Given:考虑到 situation:情况 withdraw:收回 objections:反对 ill-considered:不妥当的
  现在看来,无奈之下我只能收回我之前对你和Leonard关系的反对意见。
  -Penny:Oh, gee, well, thank you for that.
  那还真要谢谢你了。
  But I think for now, Leonard and I are just gonna stay friends.
  不过我想目前,Leonard和我只能做朋友了。
  -Sheldon:No, that response is unacceptable to me.
  unacceptable:不能接受的
  不行,我不接受你这样的回答。
  -Penny:Sheldon, you are a smart guy. You must know...
  Sheldon你是个聪明人。你一定知道…
  -Sheldon:I'm "smart"? I'd have to lose 60 IQ points to be classified as "smart."
  IQ:智商 classified:分类
  我"聪明"?我的智商要少六十分才能被归类为"聪明"。
  -Penny:Are you gonna let me talk?
  你还让我说下去吗?
  -Sheldon:I'm sorry.
  对不起。
  -Penny:You must know that if Leonard and Leslie want to be together, nothing you can do is gonna stop it.
  你一定知道如果Leonard和Leslie要在一起你怎么做都阻止不了的。
  -Sheldon:You continue to underestimate my capabilities, madam.
  underestimate:低估 capabilities:能力
  你又在低估我的智商了,小姐。
  -Penny:Okay, let me put it this way.
  好了,这么说好了。
  If you're really Leonard's friend, you will support him no matter who he wants to be with.
  support:支持 no matter:不管
  如果你拿Leonard当朋友,你就要支持他,不管他和谁在一起。
  -Sheldon:Wait a minute.
  等会。
  Why am I doing all the giving here?
  为什么老要我支持他?
  If Leonard's really my friend, why doesn't he have to support me and my hatred of Leslie winkle?
  hatred:厌恶
  如果Leonard拿我当朋友,为什么他不支持我和我对Leslie winkle的厌恶?
  -Penny:Because love trumps hate.
  trump:超过,胜过
  因为爱大于恨。
  -Sheldon:Oh, now you're just making stuff up.
  make up:编造 stuff:东西,事情
  哦你现在你开始瞎编了。
  -Penny:Okay, good night, Sheldon.
  好了,晚安Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:Oh, Mario, if only I could control everyone the way I control you.
  马里奥,真希望能像控制你一样控制所有人。
  Hop, you little plumber, hop, hop, hop.
  Hop:跳跃 plumber:管道工
  跳呀,你这小管道工,跳跳跳。
  -Sheldon:When the two of you reach a natural stopping point, I'd like to have a word.
  当你们到自然暂停时我想说点事。
  -Leonard:If your word is "pee-pee." just do it.
  你要说的是"尿尿"去就好了。
  -Sheldon:Leonard, you're my friend, And friends support their friends... Apparently.
  Leonard你是我朋友,朋友就应该支持朋友,显然如此。
  So I'm withdrawing my objection to your desire to have a relationship with Leslie.
  withdraw:收回 objection:反对 desire:愿望
  所以我收回对你想和Leslie交往的反对意见。
  -Leonard:Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Sheldon:I will graciously overlook the fact that she is an arrogant, subpar scientist who actually believes loop quantum gravity better unites quantum mechanics with generally relativity than does string theory.
  graciously:优雅地 overlook:忽视 arrogant:傲慢的 subpar:不够标准的 loop quantum gravity:圈量子引力 unite:使联合 quantum mechanics:量子力学 generally:广义的 relativity:相对论 string theory:弦理论
  我会很绅士地忽略一个事实,她是个又傲慢水平又低的科学家,竟然认为圈量子引力论比弦理论更好地结合了量子力学和广义相对论。
  You kids have fun.
  你们好好玩吧。
  -Leslie:Hang on a second.
  等下。
  Loop quantum gravity clearly offers more testable predictions than string theory.
  testable:可测试性的 prediction:预测
  圈量子引力论比弦理论更明确地提供了可验证的假设。
  -Sheldon:I'm listening. amuse me.
  amuse:使人发笑,逗乐
  我听着呢,娱乐我吧。
  -Leslie:Okay, well, for one thing, we expect quantized space-time to manifest itself as minute differences in the speed of light for different colors.
  quantized:量子化 space-time:时空 manifest:显示
  好的,首先,量子化的时空,在光速下时间不同会呈现出不同的颜色。
  -Sheldon:Balderdash. matter clearly consists of tiny strings.
  Balderdash:胡言乱语 consists of:由…组成 tiny:微小的
  胡扯,事物显然是由无数细小的弦组成的。
  -Leslie:Are you gonna let him talk to me like that?
  你就让他这么和我说话?
  -Leonard:Okay, well, there is a lot of merit to both theories.
  merit:长处,优点
  两种理论都有道理。
  -Leslie:No, there isn't. Only loop quantum gravity calculates the entropy of black holes.
  calculate:计算 entropy:熵 black holes:黑洞
  不,不是的,只有圈量子引力论计算出了黑洞的熵。
  -Leonard:Sheldon, don't make that noise. it's disrespectful.
  disrespectful:无礼的
  Sheldon别发出那种声音,很不尊重人。
  -Sheldon:I should hope so.
  我倒希望是这样。
  It was a snort of derision.
  snort:(表示不同意、轻蔑等的)喷鼻 derision:嘲笑
  这是嘲笑的鼻音。
  -Leslie:You agree with me, right?
  你赞同我的意见,对吧?
  Loop quantum gravity is the future of physics.
  圈量子引力论是物理学的未来。
  -Leonard:Sorry, Leslie, I guess I prefer my space stringy, not loopy.
  抱歉,Leslie我更倾向于空间弦化而不是圈化。
  -Leslie:I'm glad I found out the truth about you before this went any further.
  我很庆幸在我们更进一步之前发现你的真正想法。
  -Leonard:Truth? what truth?
  真正想法?什么真正想法?
  We're talking about untested hypotheses.
  untested:未经验证的 hypotheses:假设
  我们讨论的是未验证的假想。
  It's no big deal.
  没什么大不了的。
  -Leslie:It isn't? really?
  没什么,真的吗?
  Tell me, Leonard, how will we raise the children?
  raise:抚养,教育
  告诉我Leonard,我们怎么教育孩子们。
  -Leonard:I... I guess we wait until they're old enough and let them choose their own theory.
  我…我想等他们大了,让他们自己选择自己相信的理论。
  -Leslie:We can't let them choose, Leonard. They're children!
  不能让他们自己选Leonard,他们只是孩子。
  -Leonard:Wait. where are you going?
  等会,你去哪?
  -Leslie:I'm sorry. I could have accepted our kids being genetically unable to eat ice cream or ever get a good view of a parade.
  genetically:遗传地 ice cream:冰激凌 parade:游行,展示
  很抱歉,我可以接受我们的孩子在基因上不能吃冰激凌或者对走台也没有坏印象。
  But this? This is a deal breaker.
  breaker:破坏者
  但这个,这是致命的问题。
  -Sheldon:Look on the bright side.
  看好的一面吧。
  -Leonard:What's the bright side?
  好的一面是什么?
  -Sheldon:Only nine more months to comic-con.
  还有九个月就到动漫盛会了。
  -Leonard:Oh, yeah.
  太好了。
  -Sheldon:Captain, I'm getting an unusual reading.
  unusual:异常的
  船长,我捕获到异常信号。
  -Leonard:Yeah, that's great.
  哦,还不错。
  You guys want a corn dog?
  corn dog:玉米肠
  你们想要玉米肠吗
  -Howard:Yeah.
  好的。
  -Sheldon:That's a temporal anomaly.
  temporal:时间的 anomaly:异常现象
  时代混乱。
  Corn dog's didn't come into existence till the first half of the 20th century.
  玉米肠直到二十世纪上半叶才出现。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288223.html