生活大爆炸第二季第四集_1:The Griffin Equivalency(在线收听) |
griffin: 希腊神话中半狮半鹫的怪兽 equivalency: 等价,相等,当量 [Scene: Leonard and Sheldon’s apartment, Leonard, Sheldon and Wolowitz are there.]
-Leonard: Let's see, Raj was the Kung Pao Chicken.
Raj是宫保鸡丁。
-Penny: I'm the dumplings.
dumpling: 饺子
我是饺子。
-Wolowitz: Yes, you are.
没错。
-Penny: Creepy, Howard.
creepy: <美俚>恐怖的【恶心的】
太恶心了,Howard。
-Wolowitz: Creepy good or creepy bad?
恶心得可爱还是纯粹的恶心?
-Leonard: Who was the shrimp with lobster sauce?
shrimp with lobster sauce: 鲜虾佐虾酱 shrimp: 虾 lobster sauce: 豆豉 lobster: 龙虾 sauce: 调味汁
谁点的鲜虾加龙虾酱?
-Wolowitz: That would be me.
那是我的。
Come to papa, you un-kosher delight.
un-kosher: 不符合犹太教教规的食物 delight: 乐趣【美味】
朝这里看,你这个肮脏的小美味。
I'm not necessarily talking to the food.
necessarily: 必然地
我这话可不光是对着食物说哦。
-Penny: Sit over there.
坐一边去。
[Sheldon comes in and draws out a sheet of baby wipe.]
draw out: 抽出 a sheet of: 一张
-Sheldon: Sit over there.
坐一边去。
Baby wipe?
wipe: 擦拭【纸巾】
婴儿纸巾?
-Penny: Why do you have...?
你干嘛用…?
-Leonard&Wolowitz: No, don't ask! -No, don't, don't!
别问!-别,别问!
-Sheldon: I'll tell you why.
我来告诉你为什么。
I had to sanitize my hands
sanitize: 给…消毒
我必须消毒我的手,
because the university
university: 大学
因为大学把
replaced the paper towels in the rest rooms
replace: 替换 towel: 纸巾
厕所里擦手的纸巾
with hot air blowers.
blower: 吹风机
换成了吹风机。
-Penny: I thought the blowers were more sanitary.
sanitary: 卫生的
我怎么感觉吹风机更卫生。
-Leonard&Wolowitz: Really, don't. Why...?
别问啊。
-Sheldon: Hot air blowers are incubators and spewers
incubator: 培养器 spewer: 呕吐者【喷射】
吹风机可以说是细菌
of bacteria and pestilence.
bacteria: 细菌 pestilence: 瘟疫
和瘟疫的发源地。
Frankly, it'd be more hygienic
frankly: 说实话 hygienic: 卫生的
老实说,用吹风机的话,
If they just had a plague-infested gibbon
plague-infested: 得瘟疫的 gibbon: 长臂猿
还不如让一只得了瘟疫的长臂猿打喷嚏打到我手上
sneeze my hands dry.
sneeze: 打喷嚏
来得卫生呢。
[Raj excitedly comes in.]
-Raj: Hey, guys, I just got the most amazing
amazing: 令人惊讶的
伙计们,我有一个天大的
news...
好消息…
-Penny: Gosh, Raj, do you think you'll ever be able
gosh: 唉,天啊
天呐,Raj,你如果不喝醉的话,
to talk in front of me without being drunk?
in front of: 在…面前 drunk: 喝醉了的
是不是永远都不能在我面前说话?
Okay, well, I'll just, um,
好吧,那我
go eat by myself.
就自己一个人去吃了。
-Leonard: Penny, you don't have to do that.
Penny,你不需要这样的。
-Penny: Oh, it's okay, between him not talking,
没事,考虑到他不说话,
him talking and him...
他说的话,还有他…
I'm better off alone.
我最好还是离开吧。
Good-bye, you poor, strange little man.
strange: 奇怪的
再见,你这个可怜的怪人。
-Raj: She's so considerate.
considerate: 体贴的
她太贴心了。
-Wolowitz: So what's your news?
你有什么大新闻?
-Raj: Remember that little planetary object
remember: 记得 planetary: 行星的 object: 物体
还记得那个我定位的
I spotted beyond the Kuiper Belt?
spot: 认出【观测到,定位】 beyond: 在更远处Kuiper Belt: 凯伯带(数十亿颗在海王星轨道之外绕行的小型冰体构成的碟形带)
比凯伯带天体更远的那颗行星吗?
-Leonard: Oh, yeah, 2008-NQ SUB-17.
哦对,2008-NQ SUB-17。
-Raj: Or as I call it, planet Bollywood.
Bollywood: 宝莱坞(位于印度孟买的电影制作中心)
或者用我的叫法,宝莱坞星。
Anyway, because of
anyway: 总之
由于我的发现,
my discovery, People magazine is naming me
discovery: 发现 People: 《人物》杂志。自从1974年创刊以来,《人物》杂志已经成为美国文化的一部分。每个星期,《人物》都会以图文并茂的方式报导名人和普通人的故事。《人物》杂志最初的创办宗旨就是讲述平凡人的不凡故事,但除了报导普通人,也报导明星,每期杂志的封面人物都是读者希望获得更多了解的人
《人物》杂志把我提名为 magazine: 杂志 name: 提名
one of their 30 under 30 to watch.
30岁以下的30大焦点人物之一了。
-Wolowitz: Raj... congratulations.
congratulation: 祝贺
Raj,祝贺你。
-Leonard: That's incredible.
incredible: 难以置信的
太棒了。
-Sheldon: Excuse me,
不好意思,
30 what under 30 what to watch what?
30岁以下的什么30大人物的什么焦点?
-Raj: 30 visionaries under 30 years of age to watch
visionary: 梦想者,有眼力的人
30岁以下的30名值得关注的梦想家,
as they challenge the preconceptions of their fields.
challenge: 挑战 preconception: 先入之见 field: 领域
因为他们对自己领域的一些传统臆断提出了挑战。
-Sheldon: If I had a million guesses, I never would have gotten that.
million: 百万
让我猜百万次我都不会想到是这样。
-Raj: It's pretty cool. They’ve got me in
真是相当酷的,他们让我和一个
with a guy who's doing something about hunger in Indonesia,
hunger: 饥饿 Indonesia: 印度尼西亚(东南亚岛国)
在研究印度尼西亚饥荒问题的人一起入选,
and a psychotherapist who's using dolphins
psychotherapist: 精神治疗医师 dolphin: 海豚
还有一位精神治疗师,他在用海豚
to rehabilitate prisoners,
rehabilitate: 改造 prisoner: 囚犯
来感化囚犯,
and Ellen Page,
Ellen Page: 加拿大演员,以2007年电影《朱诺》获得2008独立精神颁奖礼最佳女主角奖,第80届奥斯卡金像奖最佳女主角奖提名。
还有Ellen Page,
star of the charming independent film, Juno.
charming: 有魅力的 independent: 独立的
他是那部独立电影《Juno》里的明星。
-Wolowitz: Oh, I'd so do her.
我绝对想上她。
-Leonard: You'd do the dolphins.
你连海豚都想上。
-Wolowitz: Do I get an honorable mention for designing
honorable: 可敬的 mention: 提到 design: 设计
你在用的那个我设计的望远摄像机的固定架,
the telescope camera mounting bracket you used?
telescope: 望远镜 camera: 摄影机 mounting bracket: 支承架 mounting: 装配 bracket: 支架
在采访中你会不会提到?
-Raj: Sorry, it's not part
不好意思,
of my heartwarming and personal narrative
heartwarming: 感人的 personal: 个人的 narrative: 故事
这和我所要叙述的温馨故事无关,
in which a humble boy from New Delhi overcame
humble: 卑微的 New Delhi: 新德里(印度首都) overcome: 克服
我是一个从新德里来的傻男孩,
poverty and prejudice
poverty: 贫困 prejudice: 偏见
我克服了贫困和歧视,
and journeyed to America to reach for the stars.
journey: 旅行
不远万里来到了美国寻找梦想。
-Wolowitz: Poverty? Your father's a gynecologist.
gynecologist: 妇科医生
贫困吗?你老爸是个妇科医生。
He drives a Bentley.
Bentley: 宾特利,英国顶级豪华轿车品牌
他开的是宾利。
-Raj: It's a lease.
lease: 租赁
那是租的。
-Sheldon: I'm confused.
confuse: 迷惑
我有点搞不懂。
Was there some sort of peer review committee
sort of: 有几分地【有一些】 peer review: 同行评审 peer: 对等 review: 审查 committee: 委员会
是不是由什么行业审查委员会
to determine which scientists would be included?
determine: 决定 scientist: 科学家 include: 包含【入选】
来决定选那些人?
-Raj: Peer review? It’s People magazine.
行业审查?这是《人物》杂志。
People picked me.
pick: 挑选
人们选择了我。
-Sheldon: What people?
什么人?
-Raj: The people from People.
《人物》里的那些人啊。
-Sheldon: Yeah, but exactly who are these people?
exactly: 确切地
那这些到底是什么人?
What are their credentials?
credential: 凭据
他们有什么凭据吗?
How are they qualified?
qualified: 有资格的
为什么他们有资格评选?
What makes accidentally noticing a hunk of rock
accidentally: 偶然地 notice: 注意到 hunk: 大块 rock: 石头
偶然发现了一块在太阳系里
that's been traipsing around the solar system
traipse: 在…游荡 solar system: 太阳系 solar: 太阳的 system: 系统
慢悠悠地飘了几十亿年的
for billions of years more noteworthy
noteworthy: 值得注意的
大石头为什么就比其他
than any other scientific accomplishment
accomplishment: 成就
30岁以下科学家的成就
made by someone under 30?
更加杰出呢?
-Raj: Boy, I'll bet Ellen page's friends
bet: 打赌
天呐,我想Ellen Page的朋友们
aren't giving her this kind of crap.
crap: 废话
不会这样损她的。
-Leonard: Are you proud of yourself?
proud: 自豪的
这下你感到自豪了吗?
-Sheldon: In general, yes.
general: 综合的
总的来说,是的。
[Scene: Sheldon’s office, he is working.]
-Sheldon: Oh, there's my missing neutrino.
neutrino: 中微子
哦,漏掉的中微子原来在这儿。
You were hiding from me as an unbalanced charge,
hide: 躲藏 unbalanced: 不平衡的 charge: 电荷
你就像一个不稳定的电荷一样躲躲藏藏的,
weren't you, you little sub-atomic dickens?
sub-atomic: 亚原子 dickens: 魔鬼
是吗,你这个亚原子魔鬼?
-Leonard: Hey, Sheldon.
Sheldon。
-Sheldon: Hey, look,
看啊,
Look, I found my missing neutrino.
我找到了那个中微子。
-Wolowitz: Oh good, we can take it off the milk carton.
carton: 纸盒
太好了,我们可以把他从牛奶盒上拿下来了。
-Leonard: Come on, we're going to apologize to Raj
apologize: 道歉
走吧,我们去和Raj道歉。
and invite him out to dinner.
invite: 邀请
请他去吃晚饭。
-Sheldon: Apologize for what?
道什么歉?
-Leonard: He came over last night with some pretty good news
他昨天带了一个好消息来,
and we weren't very supportive.
supportive: 支持的
但我们都很不热情。
-Sheldon: I sense you're trying to tell me something.
sense: 感觉
我感觉你像是要说什么。
-Wolowitz: You were a colossal asshat.
colossal: 巨大的,非常的 asshat: 大猪头
你昨天相当欠扁。
-Sheldon: No, I beg to differ.
beg to differ: 恕不同意
没有吧。
Of the three of us, I was by far the most supportive.
在我们3个人之间,我是最热情的一个。
by far: 远,非常
-Leonard: Really? Do tell.
是吗?来说说。
-Sheldon: How will Raj ever reach true greatness
greatness: 伟大,崇高
如果Raj的朋友们把门槛降低的话,
if his friends lower the bar for him?
lower: 降低 bar: 障碍
他怎么能找到科学的真谛呢?
When I was 11,
我11岁的时候,
my sister bought our father
我妹妹给我爸买了一个
a "world's greatest dad" coffee mug.
mug: 杯子
写着"世界上最好的爸爸"字样的咖啡杯,
And, frankly, the man coasted until the day he died.
coast: 沿岸航行【按照轨迹走下去】
老实说,他一生就这么晃荡下去了。
-Leonard: Okay, let's try it this way.
那么这么说吧。
What if this people magazine thing
如果这个什么《人物》杂志
is the best Raj is ever going to achieve?
achieve: 达到
是Raj能得到的最高成就呢?
-Sheldon: I had not considered that.
consider: 考虑到
这我到没想到。
-Leonard: Come on.
走吧。
-Sheldon: I often forget other people have limitations.
limitation: 极限
我总是忘了普通人是有极限的。
It's so sad.
真是悲哀。
-Wolowitz: He can feel sadness?
他能感到悲哀?
-Leonard: Not really.
不太能。
It's what you and I would call condescension.
condescension: 自以为高人一等
我们管这个叫自以为是。
[Scene: Outside Raj’s office.]
-Leonard: Now when we go in there,
我们进去的时候,
let's show Raj that we're happy for him.
得让他觉得我们为他高兴。
-Sheldon: But I'm not.
看是我不觉得啊。
-Wolowitz: Well, then fake it.
fake: 假装…的样子
那就装得高兴。
Look at me.
你看我。
I could be grinding on the fact
grind: 令人难以忍受的
我可以完全不去想,
that without my stabilizing telescope mount,
stabilizing: 稳定化
如果没有我的电子望远镜,
he never would have found
他永远也不能发现
that stupid, little clump of cosmic schmutz.
clump: 土块 cosmic: 宇宙的 schmutz: 垃圾
那块愚蠢的宇宙垃圾。
But I'm bigger than that.
我很牛吧。
-Sheldon: Fine.
好了。
What do you want me to do?
那你让我怎么做?
-Leonard: Smile.
smile: 微笑
笑。
-Wolowitz: Oh, crap, that's terrifying.
terrifying: 令人恐惧的
太可怕了。
-Leonard: We're here to see Koothrappali,
我们是去看Koothrappali,
not kill Batman.
Batman: 蝙蝠侠,美国家喻户晓的漫画英雄。
不是去干掉蝙蝠侠。
-Wolowitz: Try less teeth.
tooth: 牙齿
笑不露齿。
-Leonard: Close enough. Come on.
差不多了。
Hey, Raj.
嗨,Raj。
-Raj: Hey, guys. What’s up?
怎么了?
-Wolowitz: We just wanted to invite you out to dinner tonight.
我们今天晚上想请你吃饭。
-Leonard: To celebrate your "30 under 30" thing.
celebrate: 庆祝
庆祝一下你的大器早成。
Right, Sheldon?
对吧,Sheldon?
-Raj: That's very nice of you.
你们太好了。
I would like that.
我很乐意去。
-Dr. Gablehauser: Hello, boys.
孩子们。
-Raj: Dr. Gablehauser.
Gablehauser博士。
-Dr. Gablehauser: Dr. Koothrappali.
Koothrappali博士。
-Leonard: Dr. Gablehauser.
Gablehauser博士。
-Dr. Gablehauser: Dr. Hofstader.
Hofstader博士。
-Sheldon: Dr. Gablehauser.
Gablehauser博士。
-Dr. Gablehauser: Dr. Cooper.
Cooper博士。
-Wolowitz: Dr. Gablehauser.
Gablehauser博士。
-Dr. Gablehauser: Mr. Wolowitz.
Wolowitz先生。
Boys, I've got a question for you.
孩子们,我有个问题要问你们。
Who in this room
这个房间里,
discovered a star?
谁发现了颗星星[恒星]?
-Raj: Actually, 2008- NQ SUB -17 is a planetary body.
事实上,2008-NQ SUB-17只是颗行星。
-Dr. Gablehauser: I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about me.
我不是在说你,是说我呢。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288231.html |