生活大爆炸第二季第四集_3:The Griffin Equivalency(在线收听) |
-Leonard: Let's just eat so I can get to bed. 我们开饭吧,我好上床睡觉。
With any luck,
运气好的话,
tonight will be the night my sleep apnea kills me.
apnea: 呼吸暂停
今晚我就会死于睡眠呼吸暂停。
-Sheldon: Did you remember to ask
你还记得
for the chicken with broccoli to be diced, not shredded?
broccoli: 花椰菜 dice: 切成方块 shredded: 切成碎片
西兰花要切丁,不要切丝?
-Leonard: Yes.
是的。
-Sheldon: Even though the menu description specifies "shredded"?
menu: 菜单 description: 描写 specify: 明确提出
即使菜单上强调是"切丝"?
-Leonard: Yes.
是的。
-Sheldon: Brown rice, not white?
brown rice: 糙米
黑米,不要白米饭?
-Leonard: Yes.
是的。
-Sheldon: Did you stop at the Korean grocery
Korean: 韩国的 grocery: 食品杂货店
你去韩国杂货铺
and get the good hot mustard?
mustard: 芥末
买了上等的芥末酱?
-Leonard: Yes.
是的。
-Sheldon: Did you pick up the low sodium soy sauce from the market?
sodium: 钠【盐】 soy: 酱油
你从市场上买了低盐酱油吗?
-Leonard: Yes.
是的。
-Sheldon: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Leonard: You’re welcome.
不用谢。
-Sheldon: What took you so long?
你怎么去了那么久?
-Leonard: Just sit down and eat.
就坐下吃吧。
-Sheldon: Fine.
好的。
-Leonard: All right, it's shredded. What do you want me to do?
行了,是切丝的,你想要我怎么样?
-Sheldon: I want you to check before you accept the order.
check: 检查 order: 订单
我想让你拿餐之前检查一下。
-Leonard: Sorry.
抱歉。
-Sheldon: Were you distracted by the possibility that Koothrappali
distract: 分心 possibility: 可能性
你是不是担心Koothrappali
might have intercourse with Penny tonight?
intercourse: 性交
会和Penny上床,所以才分神的?
-Leonard: He's not going to have intercourse with Penny.
他不会和Penny上床的。
-Sheldon: Then there's no excuse for this chicken.
excuse: 借口
那鸡肉的事就没有借口。
You know, this situation with Koothrappali brings to mind
situation: 情况
Koothrappali的境况让我想起了
A story from my childhood.
childhood: 童年
我小时候的一件事。
-Wolowitz: Oh, goody, more tales from the panhandle.
goody: <儿语>太好了 tale: 故事 panhandle: 柄状的狭长区域
太好了,又是关于狭长地带的事。
-Sheldon: That's northwest Texas. I'm from east Texas,
Texas: 德克萨斯州(美国南部的州)
那是德克萨斯的西北部,我来自德克萨斯东部,
The golf region, home to many Vietnamese shrimpers.
gulf: 高尔夫球 region: 地区 Vietnamese: 越南的 shrimper: 捕虾的人
高尔夫之地,越南捕虾者的故乡。
-Leonard: Do the shrimpers feature in your story?
feature: 作为主要角色
捕虾者是你故事里的主角吗
-Sheldon: No.
不是。
Anyway,
不管怎样,
when I was eight,
我八岁时,
a Montgomery ward delivery van ran over our family cat lucky.
Montgomery: 蒙哥马利(美国亚拉巴马州首府) ward: 守卫 delivery van: 厢式送货车 delivery: 运载 van: 厢式货车
一辆蒙哥马利区的送货车从我们家小猫阿吉身上辗过。
-Wolowitz: Lucky?
阿吉吗?
-Sheldon: Yes, lucky.
对,阿吉。
-Leonard: He's irony-impaired. Just move on.
irony: 反讽 impaired: 受影响的【不擅长】
他不太会用反讽。不用管。
-Wolowitz: Okay, dead cat named lucky. Continue.
好的,有一只叫阿吉的死猫,接着讲。
-Sheldon: While others mourned lucky, I realized his untimely demise
mourn: 哀悼 realize: 意识到 untimely: 过早的 demise: 死亡
当其他人哀悼阿吉时,我想到的是它的提早离世
provided me with the opportunity to replace him
provide: 提供 opportunity: 机会 replace: 替换
给我提供了一个换掉他的机会,
with something more suited to my pet needs,
pet: 宠物
找一个更符合我个人口味的宠物,
a faithful companion.
faithful: 忠实的 companion: 伴侣
一个忠实的伴侣。
that I could snuggle with at night,
snuggle: 舒服地蜷伏
这样我晚上睡觉时就能抱着它,
yet would be capable of killing upon telepathic command.
capable: 能胜任的 telepathic: 心灵感应 command: 指示,要求
而且还能阻止心灵捕手的杀害。
-Wolowitz: So not a puppy?
puppy: 小狗
那你不想要小狗?
-Sheldon: Please, nothing so pedestrian.
pedestrian: 步行的
当然,我不要步行的。
I wanted a griffin.
我想要个狮身鹰首兽。
-Leonard: A griffin?
狮身鹰首兽吗?
-Sheldon: Yes, half eagle, half lion.
eagle: 鹰 lion: 狮子
对,一半是鹰,一半是狮子。
-Leonard: And mythological.
mythological: 神话中的
还是一半是神话。
-Sheldon: Irrelevant.
irrelevant: 不相关的
毫不相关。
I was studying recombinant DNA technology,
recombinant: 重组 technology: 技术
我在研究DNA重组技术,
and I was confidant I could create one,
confidant: 自信的 create: 创造
我相信我能造出来一个,
but my parents were unwilling
但我爸妈不愿意
to secure the necessary eagle eggs and lion semen.
secure: 弄到 necessary: 必须的 egg: 卵 semen: 精子
找实验必须的老鹰的卵和狮子的精子。
Of course, my sister got swimming lessons
当然了,当我妹妹想要时
when she wanted them.
她能在游泳课上得到。
-Wolowitz: Sheldon, not that we don't all enjoy a good lion semen story,
Sheldon,不是我们不喜欢关于狮子精子的故事,
but... what's your point?
只是…你到底想说什么?
-Sheldon: My point is if Koothrappali is moving on
我想说的是如果Koothrappali得到了
to a new life of shallow undeserved fame,
shallow: 肤浅的 undeserved: 不应得的 fame: 名誉
不应该属于他的名誉而过上了新生活,
perhaps this is an opportunity to create a better cohort.
perhaps: 也许 cohort: 同伴
也许是时候造一个更好的同伴了。
-Leonard: You want to breed a new friend?
breed: 培育
你还想培植一个新朋友?
-Sheldon: That's one option, but who has the time?
option: 选择
是个选择,不过谁有那闲工夫?
But consider this-- the Japanese,
不过想想这个--日本人,
they're doing some wonderful work
wonderful: 不可思议的
他们正在做一些关于
with artificial intelligence.
artificial: 人工的 intelligence: 智能
人工智能的研究。
Now, you combine that with some animatronics
combine: 结合 animatronics: 电子动画学
现在,你把这项研究和来自迪斯尼
from the imaginers over at Disney,
imaginer: 想象 Disney: 迪斯尼,是总部设在美国伯班克的大型跨国公司,主要业务包括娱乐节目制作,主题公园,玩具,图书,电子游戏和传媒网络。皮克斯动画工作室(PIXAR Animation Studio),惊奇漫画公司(Marvel Entertainment Inc),试金石电影公司(Touchstone Pictures),米拉麦克斯(Miramax)电影公司,博伟影视公司(Buena Vista Home Entertainment),好莱坞电影公司(Hollywood Pictures),ESPN体育,美国广播公司(ABC)都是其旗下的公司(品牌)。
幻想者的那些电子动物们结合,
next thing you know, we're playing halo
halo: 光环(视频游戏)
咱们就能和通晓多国语言的
with a multilingual Abraham Lincoln.
multilingual: 使用多种语言的 Abraham Lincoln: 亚伯拉罕·林肯,第十六任美国总统
Abraham Lincoln玩《光环》了。
-Wolowitz: Sheldon, don't take this the wrong way, but you're insane.
insane: 疯狂的
Sheldon,别会错意了,不过你真是疯了。
-Leonard: That may well be,
可能像你说的那样吧,
but the fact is it wouldn't kill us
不过事实是结识新人
to meet some new people.
它也不会杀了我们。
-Sheldon: For the record, it could kill us to meet new people.
for the record: <口语>正式的
我正式声明,它可能会因结识新人而杀了我们。
They could be murderers or the carriers of unusual pathogens.
murderer: 谋杀犯 carrier: 携带者 unusual: 罕见的 pathogen: 病原体
他们可能是杀人凶手或者未知病原体的携带者。
And I'm not insane. My mother had me tested.
而且我没疯,我妈带我做过检查了。
-Leonard: If we do get a new friend,
如果我们真有了个新朋友,
he should be a guy you can trust.
trust: 信任
他应该是一个我们信得过的人。
A guy who has your back.
他应该支持你。
-Wolowitz: And he should have a lot of money
而且他应该有很多钱,
and live in a cool place down by the beach.
beach: 海滩
居住在海滩旁边的一所酷宅,
where we could throw parties.
throw: <口语>举行
我们可以在那举办聚会。
-Sheldon: He should share our love of technology.
他应该像我们那样热爱科技。
-Wolowitz: And he should know a lot of women.
他还应该认识很多的女人。
-Leonard: Let's see, money, women, technology.
那就是说钱,女人,科技。
Okay, we're agreed.
好的,同意。
Our new friend is going to be Iron Man.
Iron Man: 钢铁侠,美国漫画界元老级人物斯坦李所创造的漫画人物
我们的新朋友会是钢铁侠。
[Scene: Raj’s apartment, Raj and Penny are there.]
-Raj: Welcome to the Raj Mahal.
Mahal: 泰姬陵
欢迎光临Raj的泰姬陵。
-Penny: It's very nice. Good night, raj.
很不错,晚安,Raj。
-Raj: No, no, wait. The evening's not over.
别走,等等,今晚尚未结束。
-Penny: Yes, it is.
今晚结束了。
-Raj: No, it's time to put on some R. Kelly and suck face.
suck: 吸吮
没有,放上R. Kelly的歌,再做些面部吸吮。
-Penny: Oh, wow, is the evening over?
哇,今晚结束了吗?
-Raj: Wait, wait, wait!
等等,等等!
That's my mommy and daddy calling from India.
这是我爸妈从印度打来的。
I want you to meet my parents.
我想让你见见他们。
-Penny: Wait. Meet them?
等等,见见他们?
-Raj: Hello, mommy, daddy. Good to see you.
嗨,爸妈,很高兴见到你们。
How are you? I'm not drunk.
drunk: 喝醉了的
你们怎么样?我没喝醉。
-Mrs. Koothrappali: Why would you say that?
你为什么这么说?
-Raj: Just making conversation.
conversation: 谈话
就是想找找话题。
Mommy, daddy, I want you to meet my new squeeze, Penny.
squeeze: <美俚>情人
爸妈,我想让你们见见我的新马子,Penny。
-Penny: I'm not your squeeze. There is no squeezing.
我不是你的马子,也没有什么骡子。
-Mr. Koothrappali: I can't see her. Center her in the frame.
frame: 画面【视频摄像头】
我看不到她,把她放到摄像头里。
-Raj: Here you go. Cute, huh?
cute: 可爱的
好了,可爱吧?
-Mrs. Koothrappali: She's not Indian.
她不是印度人。
-Mr. Koothrappali: So she's not Indian. The boy is just sowing some wild oats.
sow: 播种 wild: 胡乱地 oat: 燕麦粒【种子】
不是又怎么了。儿子只是在播种种子而已。
-Penny: No, no, no,
不对,不对,
there's no sowing, no squeezing and no sucking face.
没有什么播种,马子还有面部吸吮。
-Mrs. Koothrappali: What if he gets her pregnant?
pregnant: 怀孕
他要是把她肚子搞大了呢?
Is this little hotsy-totsy who you want
hotsy-totsy: <美俚>极好的
你想让这个小可爱
as the mother of your grandchildren?
grandchildren: 孙辈
当你孙子孙女们的妈妈吗?
-Raj: What right do you have to pick with
你有什么权利
whom I can have children with?
挑选谁和我生孩子?
-Mr. Koothrappali: Look, Rajesh, I understand you're in America.
好吧,Rajesh,我知道你身在美国。
You want to try the "local cuisine."
local cuisine: 本地菜肴【美国女孩】 local: 当地的 cuisine: 菜肴
你想试试"当地的佳肴"。
Trust me. You don't want it for a steady diet.
steady: 不变的 diet: 饮食
相信我,你可不想顿顿吃。
-Raj: Now you listen to me.
现在听我说。
I am no longer a child
我不是小孩了,
and I will not be spoken to like one.
你们不应该这么跟我说话。
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up.
throw up: 呕吐
先失陪一下,我要去吐了。
-Mrs. Koothrappali: What's wrong with him?
他怎么了?
-Penny: I don't know.
不知道。
Maybe it's the local cuisine.
可能是当地佳肴的缘故。
Okay, well, it's nice to meet you.
好吧,很高兴见到你们。
I'm just gonna set you on down over here.
我这就把你们放到这边。
And I'm gonna leave, so Namaste.
Namaste: 印度的合十礼,用于招呼或表示敬意
我要走了,合十礼。
And FYI, you'd be lucky to have me as a daughter-in-law.
FYI=for your information 供参考,顺便提醒下
还有就是,有我做儿媳你们应该感到幸运。
-Mr. Koothrappali: She is fusty. I like that.
fusty: 保守的
她很传统,我喜欢。
[Scene: Penny’s apartment.]
-Penny: Raj, what are you doing?
Raj,你在干什么?
No, no notes.
note: 纸条
不行,纸条不行。
If you have something to say to me, say it.
有什么要说的,当我面说。
-Raj: Sorry.
对不起。
-Penny: Oh, sweetie, it's okay.
sweetie: <口语>亲爱的人
没关系的,小可怜。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288239.html |