生活大爆炸第二季第八集_2The Lizard-Spock Expansion(在线收听

   But, uh, no, the Rover is not responding.

  respond:响应
  但探测器还是没反应。
  -Sheldon:I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement
  appropriate:恰当的 metaphor:比喻 involve:包括 excrement:粪便
  此刻最恰当的比喻应该包括一条臭水沟,
  and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion.
  Native:土著人 vessel:船 means:方法   propulsion:推进
  还有一艘没有推动器的土著船。
  -Howard:Hang on. There's got to be other options.
  Hang on:等等 option:可选择的办法
  等等,总归有别的办法吧。
  -Raj:You could try calling Triple-A.
  也可以试试给独立宇航员联盟打电话。
  But based on NASA's latest timetable, they won't get there for 35 years.
  NASA:美国国家航空和宇宙航行局 latest:最新的 timetable:时间表
  不过根据航空航天局最新时间表,他们35年后才能到那儿。
  -Sheldon:Plus I understand you have to be standing next to the vehicle with your card when they arrive.
  Plus:加上   vehicle:车
  而且就算到了,你也得排号。
  -Raj:Oh, snap.
  牛叉叉的 (snap有"折断一意")。
  -Sheldon:Snap what?
  snap:断裂
  什么断了?
  -Howard:Okay, I guess we have to turn to Plan B.
  好吧,那我们得改B计划了。
  -Raj:What's Plan B?
  B计划是啥?
  -Howard:Erase all the hard drives, scrap the surveillance tapes,
  Erase:抹去,清除 hard drives:硬盘机 scrap:废弃 surveillance:监视 tape:录像带
  洗白硬盘,销毁监视录像带,
  wipe our fingerprints off every surface and run.
  wipe:擦去 fingerprints:指纹
  擦干净我们的指纹,开溜。
  -Sheldon:Why wasn't that Plan A?
  这咋不是A计划呢?
  -News:A NASA spokesman states that due to the loss of data,
  spokesman:发言人 state:声称 due to:由于 data:数据
  航空航天局发言人称,由于数据丢失
  they will most likely be unable to determine the cause of the Mars Rover's malfunction.
  determine:确定 malfunction:故障
  很难确定火星探测器的故障原因,
  This is not the first time an exploratory mission to Mars has ended in disappointment.
  exploratory:探索的 mission:任务 disappointment:失望
  这已不是火星探险计划第一次如此失望而终了。
  -Howard:Thank God for Plan B.
  还好我们有B计划。
  -Penny:Howard, didn't you say you worked on the Mars Rover?
  Howard你不是说过你在做火星探测器的工作吗?
  -Howard:No, you're mistaken.
  mistaken:错误的
  没,你记错了。
  -Penny:Yeah, when we first met, you said that if I went out with you, I could drive a car on Mars.
  没,我们第一次见面你就说,如果和你约会,我就可以在火星上开车玩。
  -Howard:I don't know what you're talking about.
  搞不懂你在说什么。
  -Sheldon:Will you all excuse me?
  抱歉离开下?
  Leonard is subtly signaling that he'd like to talk to me in private.
  subtly:微妙的 signaling:打信号 in private:私下的
  Leonard微妙的暗示了他想和我单独谈谈。
  -Penny:No. Yeah, I remember specifically.
  specifically:明确的
  不,我很清楚地记得。
  You started by asking if I was from Mars because my ass was out of this world.
  ass:屁股
  你一张嘴就问我是否来自火星,因为我的翘臀地球罕见。
  -Howard:Well, that does sound like me, but no.
  很有我风格,但不是我啦。
  -Sheldon:Is there some problem?
  出什么状况了吗?
  -Leonard:Yeah.
  是的。
  Listen, I have to kind a sneak out for a while.
  sneak out:溜出
  我得溜出去一会儿。
  -Sheldon:All right, good-bye.
  好的,拜拜。
  -Leonard:No, wait!
  不,等下!
  If anyone asks you where I went, you don't know.
  要是有人问我去哪儿了,你就说不知道。
  -Sheldon:Where are you going?
  你要去哪儿?
  -Leonard:I can't tell you that.
  不能告诉你。
  -Sheldon:Who would ask me?
  谁会问我呢?
  -Leonard:I can't tell you that, either.
  也不能告诉你这个。
  -Sheldon:So you brought me in here to inform me that you can't tell me
  inform:告诉
  你带我进来就是要告诉我,你不能告诉我
  where you're going and you can't tell me who might ask?
  你要去哪儿,也不能告诉我谁会问起?
  -Leonard:Yeah, I really didn't think this through.
  think through:考虑后得出结论
  对呀,是我欠考虑。
  -Sheldon:Leonard, a moment.
  Leonard先别走。
  -Leonard:What?
  啥?
  -Sheldon:If someone-- and of course, we don't know who this would be--
  要是有人... 当然不知到底是谁了...
  does ask where you've gone, what should I say?
  问起你去哪儿,我该说什么呢?
  -Leonard:I don't know. Just tell them I went to the office.
  不知道,就说我去办公室了。
  -Sheldon:Are you going to the office?
  你是去办公室吗?
  -Leonard:No.
  不是。
  -Sheldon:Then how can I say it convincingly?
  convincingly:信服地
  那我怎么能说得自然啊?!
  -Leonard:Just say, "Leonard went to the office."
  就说"Leonard 去了办公室"。
  -Sheldon:All right. Leonard went to the office.
  好吧,Leonard去了办公室。
  -Leonard:What is... No, not like that!
  这是... 不,不是那样的!
  Just, "Leonard went to the office."
  就说"Leonard到办公室去了"。
  -Sheldon:This would have worked out a lot better if you'd just told me you were going to the office.
  如果你直接说你要去办公室,就好办多了嘛。
  -Leonard:I'm going to the office.
  我去办公室。
  -Sheldon:See? Why don't I believe you?
  看嘛? 凭啥我不信你呢?
  -Leonard:I'm going out for a while.
  出去一会儿。
  -Howard:Okay.
  好。
  -Sheldon:Doesn't anyone want to know where he's going?
  没人想知道他去哪儿吗?
  -Penny:Okay, where is he going?
  他去哪儿了?
  -Sheldon:Leonard is going to the office.
  Leonard去办公室了。
  -Leonard:So how was work today?
  今天工作如何?
  -Woman:Busy.
  忙死了。
  I removed an appendix, a gall bladder and about a foot and a half of bowel.
  remove:割除 appendix:阑尾 gall bladder:胆囊 bowel:肠
  割了一个阑尾、一个胆囊、还有一段一尺半的肠子。
  -Leonard:I'm hoping that's three different guys.
  不会是一个人的吧。
  -Woman:No, just the one.
  不,就是一个人。
  He didn't make it.
  他没挺过来。
  So, how was your day?
  你今天过得怎样呢?
  -Leonard:Oh, you know, I'm a physicist, so... I thought about stuff.
  physicist:物理学家 stuff:东西
  你知道,我是个物理学家... 我就思考思考。
  -Woman:That's it?
  就这些?
  -Leonard:Well, I wrote some of it down.
  我把一些想法写下来了。
  -Woman:Are you done eating?
  吃完了吗?
  -Leonard:Uh, Yeah.
  完了。
  -Woman:Ooh, good.
  那好。
  -Leonard:If I knew you were waiting, I would've swallowed that lasagna whole.
  swallow:吞 lasagna:意大利千层面
  早知道你等着我,我就把千层饼一口吞了。
  -Telephone:You've reached Dr. Stephanie Barnett. Leave a message.
  这是Stephanie Barnett医生家,请留言。
  -Howard:Hey, Steph, it's me again, Howard.
  嘿Steph,还是我Howard。
  Listen, if you're free Friday, maybe we could have a little something to eat at my place.
  如果你周五有空,可以到我那儿吃点东西。
  My mom cooks a hell of a brisket.
  brisket:鸡胸肉
  我妈做胸肉可有一手。
  Let me know. It's Howard.
  想好了告诉我哇,我是Howard。
  -Leonard:I've had her brisket. Melts in your mouth.
  Melts in your mouth:事物嫩软,好吃极了   Melt:使溶化
  我吃过她做的胸肉,入口即化。
  -Woman:Maybe we should think about going to the bedroom.
  不如我们去卧室吧。
  -Leonard:That's a good idea.
  好主意。
  There's a bed in there, and I'm very... very, very pro-bed.
  里面有床,我可是...可是很喜欢床的。
  -Telephone:You've reached Dr. Stephanie Barnett. Leave a message.
  这是Stephanie Barnett医生家,请留言。
  -Howard:Hey, it's me again.
  还是我。
  Just want to let you know the head count for dinner Friday has gone up.
  count:人数 gone up:增加
  想告诉你,下周五的晚餐人数又增加了。
  My Aunt Betty and Uncle Elliot are coming in from Palm Springs.
  Aunt:婶,姑,姨 Uncle:叔叔
  我的Betty婶,Elliot叔要从棕榈泉市过来。
  Oh, and if anybody should ask, you're half-Jewish on your mother's side.
  要是被问到,你就说你妈那边是犹太人。
  Okay, call me. It's Howard.
  好了,回我电话哟,我是Howard。
  -Leonard:Don't you think we should tell him you're not interested?
  我们是不是该让他知道,你对他不感冒?
  -Woman:Do you want me to stop and call him back right now?
  你希望现在我停下来,回他电话?
  -Leonard:Dear God, no!
  上帝呀! 千万不要!
  -Woman:Oh, Leonard...
  哦,Leonard...
  -Telephone:You've reached Dr. Stephanie Barnett. Leave a message.
  这是Stephanie Barnett医生家请留言
  -Howard:Hey, it's me again. Howard.
  嘿,又是我啦 Howard。
  Listen, my cousins from Fort Lauderdale are flying in to meet you
  cousins:表(唐)兄弟姐妹
  我的表兄要从罗德岱堡飞过来看看你,
  so that means we're gonna have to move the dinner to a restaurant.
  gonna= going to   dinner:主餐 restaurant:餐馆
  所以呢,我们得去餐馆吃晚饭了。
  -Howard’s mother:Tell her we're going to the Olive Garden!
  Olive Garden:橄榄园(意式休闲餐厅连锁)
  跟她说,我们去橄榄园吃! (意式休闲餐厅连锁)
  I have a coupon from the paper.
  coupon:优惠券
  我从报纸上剪了张优惠券!
  -Howard:We're not going to the Olive Garden, Mom!
  我们不去橄榄园,老妈!
  -Howard’s mother:Oh, Mr. Big shot with his Red Lobster.
  Lobster:龙虾
  大人物和他的红龙虾哟。
  -Howard:I'll call you back when we firm up the details.
  firm up:确定 details:细节
  确认了细节以后我再打给你。
  It's Howard.
  我是Howard哟
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288270.html