生活大爆炸第二季第十五集_1(在线收听

   -Rajesh: “I don't ever want to feel

  ever: 永远 feel: 感受
  “我再也不想有
  Like I did that day
  如那天般的感受
  Take me to the place I love
  place: 地方
  带我去我爱的地方
  Take me all the way
  all the way: 一路
  带我一路走
  I don't ever want to feel
  我再也不想有
  Like I did that day
  如那天般的感受
  Take me to the place I lo...”
  带我去我爱的地……”
  -Penny: Fellas, please.
  fella: 伙伴,伙计
  伙计们,消停点儿吧。
  -Howard: Penny, come on. We were, just finding our sound.
  come on: 别这样 just: 刚 find: 找到 sound: 声音
  算了吧,Penny,我们刚开始唱呢。
  -Penny: You found it. It's the sound of a, cat being run over by a lawn mower.
  run over: 碾过  lawn mower: 割草机
  你自己听听吧,不知道的还以为,哪只猫被卷进割草机里了呢。
  -Leonard: I'm really very busy.
  busy: 忙
  我真的很忙。
  Is there any way that we can put this off until I have more time to prepare?
  put..off: 推迟  until: 直到 prepare: 准备
  我们能否推迟一下?我好有点时间来准备。
  Of course. But, uh, you, understand my trepidation.
  understand: 理解 trepidation: 忧虑
  当然了,可你知道我有些啥顾虑。
  -Penny: What's that about?
  他又在干嘛?
  -Howard: Not a clue.
  clue: 线索
  毫无头绪。
  -Leonard: Can't we just postpone, it till the spring?
  postpone: 推迟 spring: 春天
  就不能推迟到开春吗?
  Maybe next summer?
  maybe: 或许 summer: 夏天
  或者明年夏天?
  -Sheldon: This should be fairly easy to deduce.
  should be: 应该  fairly: 相当地 easy: 容易 deduce: 推断
  这个应该很好推断的。
  He's holding the phone to his left ear.
  hold: 持有  phone: 电话 left: 左边 ear: 耳朵
  他把电话搁在左耳旁边。
  Ears do not cross hemispheres,
  cross: 交叉 hemisphere 大脑半球:
  左耳还是左脑控制的。
  So he's using the analytical rather than the emotional side of the brain,
  analytical: 分析的 rather than: 而不是 emotional: 情绪化的 side: 边 brain: 头脑
  所以他是在理性分析而不是感情用事。
  suggesting that he has no personal, relationship with the caller.
  suggest: 表明 personal: 私人的 relationship: 关系 caller: 呼叫者
  表明他和来电者没有私人关系。
  -Leonard: No, I didn't realize, it had been so long.
  realize: 意识到
  不,我没想到已经这么久了。
  Sure, I guess there's no other, choice but to just go ahead and do it.
  guess: 猜 choice: 选择 go ahead: 开始
  好吧,那就只好这么办了。
  -Leonard: He's referring to an activity he has done before.
  refer to: 提及 activity: 活动
  他谈到了一件以前做过的事。
  It's unpleasant and, needs to be repeated.
  unpleasant: 不愉快 need: 需要 repeat: 重复
  那件事不怎么令人愉快,但又不得不再来一遍。
  This suggests some sort of invasive, medical test, like perhaps a colonoscopy.
  suggest: 表明 sort of: 有点  invasive: 侵入的 medical: 医学的 test: 检验 perhaps: 或许 colonoscopy: 结肠镜检查
  表明这件事应该是某种侵入性,医疗检查,比如说,结肠镜检查。
  -Leonard: Aren't there any other options?
  option: 选择
  就没有其他选择了么?
  There's not a lot of room, It's gonna be uncomfortable.
  a lot of: 许多 gonna: gonna=going to: 将要 uncomfortable: 不舒服
  没多大地方,肯定很不舒服的。
  -Sheldon: Yes, yes.
  没错,没错。
  I'm definitely going with colonoscopy.
  definitely: 确定的
  我敢肯定是结肠镜检查。
  -Leonard: Okay, bye.
  好吧,再见。
  My mother's coming to visit.
  visit: 访问
  我妈要来看我。
  -Howard: How about that, you were right.
  听听,你说得没错啊。
  -Penny: It's out of order.
  out of order: 出故障
  电梯坏了。
  -Beverly: Yes, I can read the sign. I'm, just pondering the implications.
  sign: 符号  ponder: 沉思  implication: 含义
  嗯,我识字的,我只是在沉思,其背后的深意。
  -Penny: I think it implies that, the elevator doesn't work.
  imply: 暗示 elevator: 电梯
  我觉得这意味着电梯不工作了。
  -Beverly: Again, I can read the sign.
  再说一遍,我识字的。
  But the sign and the tape are, coated with a layer of dust,
  tape: 胶带 coat: 覆盖的表面  layer: 层 dust: 灰尘
  不过标签和胶带上都有厚厚一层灰了。
  which indicates that the elevator has been, nonfunctional for a significant amount of time.
  indicate: 表明 elevator: 电梯 nonfunctional: 不运行 significant: 象征  amount of: 数量
  这表示电梯已经坏了,有相当长的一段时间了。
  Which suggests either a remarkable passivity among the,
  suggest: 暗示  either: 任何一个 remarkable: 显著 passivity: 被动性 among: 之中
  也就暗示着这栋大楼里的。
  I assume, 24 to 36, residents of this building,
  assume: 假设  resident: 居民 building: 楼房
  大约24到36位居民十分不主动。
  based on the number of mailboxes and, given typical urban population density
  base on: 根据  mailbox: 邮箱  typical: 典型的 urban: 城市 population: 人口 density: 密度
  噢,居民数我是从邮箱的数目以及,普通城镇人口密度推断出来的。
  or a shared delusion of functionality.
  shared: 共享的 delusion: 错觉 functionality: 功能性
  或者说这些人都有功能性错觉。
  -Penny: You must be Leonard's mother.
  你一定是Leonard他母亲。
  -Beverly: Oh, I don't know if I must be, but yes.
  噢,不知道是不是非得是,不过是的。
  -Penny: Uh, I'm Penny. I'm his neighbor.
  neighbor: 邻居
  我是Penny他的邻居。
  -Beverly: Oh, Dr. Beverly Hofstadter.
  噢,Beverly Hofstadter博士。
  -Penny: Oh, nice to meet you.
  很高兴见到你。
  -Beverly: Oh, you're a hand shaker. Interesting.
  shaker: 振动器 interesting: 有趣
  噢,你习惯握手啊。真有趣。
  -Penny: Uh, why don't you come with me., I'll walk you to the apartment.
  apartment: 房间
  你跟我一起走吧,我带你去他们房间。
  -Beverly: Oh, all right. Would you like to, exchange pleasantries on the way?
  exchange: 交换 pleasantry: 幽默,有礼貌的话
  噢,好啊。路上咱先寒暄寒暄吧?
  -Penny: Yeah, sure, I guess.
  嗯,好啊。
  -Beverly: All right, you start.
  那好,你先说吧。
  -Penny: Okay. You know, I've, always been curious.
  curious: 好奇
  行,你要知道,我一直都好奇心很重。
  What was Leonard like, when he was little?
  little: 小的
  Leonard小时候是什么样的?
  -Beverly: Oh, I think you mean young. He's always been little.
  young: 年轻
  噢我想你是指他年轻的时候他一直都是个小不点儿
  -Penny: Right, okay. What was he, like when he was young?
  没错,他年轻的时候是什么样的?
  -Beverly: You'll have to be more specific.
  specific: 具体
  你得再说具体点儿。
  -Penny: Um, okay, like, five or six.
  呃,好吧,比如说,五六岁的时候。
  Five.
  五岁。
  -Beverly: Oh, well, at that age, he was well enmeshed in what Freud,
  age: 年龄 enmesh: 陷入 Freud: 弗洛伊德(Sigmund, 1856-1939, 奥地利神经学家、精神病医学家、精神分析的创始人)
  那时他正深陷于弗洛伊德所谓的。
  would call the phallic stage of psychosexual development.
  phallic: 生殖器  psychosexual: 性心理的  development: 发展
  心理性发展之生殖器崇拜阶段。
  An outmoded theory, of course, but the, boy did spend most of his waking hours
  outmoded: 过时的 theory: 理论 spend: 花时间 waking: 醒着的
  当然是个过时的理论了,不过那孩子确实在大部分醒着的时候。
  with a tight grasp on his penis.
  tight: 紧紧 grasp: 抓住 penis: 阴茎
  牢牢地抓住自己的小弟弟不放。
  -Penny: Yeah, Leonard mentioned, you were a psychiatrist.
  mention: 提及 psychiatrist: 精神病学家
  是啊 Leonard说起过,你是个精神病学家。
  -Beverly: Well, that is one of my degrees., My primary field is neuroscience.
  degree: 学位  primary: 主要 field: 领域 neuroscience: 神经系统学
  那只是其中一个学位罢了,我主要涉及的领域是神经系统学。
  -Penny: Well, I'm an actress.
  actress: 演员
  我是个演员。
  -Beverly: Why?
  为什么?
  -Penny: What do you mean why?
  什么叫为什么?
  -Beverly: Well, there are studies, that suggest that many
  study: 研究 suggest: 表明
  有研究表明,
  who go into the performing arts suffer, from an external locus of identity.
  performing arts: 表演艺术  suffer: 忍受 external: 外部的  locus: 轨迹  identity: 特征
  许多演艺界的人士都有外控性格。
  -Penny: Yeah, I don't know what that means.
  我不知道你在说什么。
  -Beverly: Well, it means you value, yourself only as others value you,
  value: 价值
  是说当别人重视你时你才会重视自己。
  which is often the result of, unmet childhood emotional needs.
  result: 结果 unmet: 未满足的 childhood: 童年 emotional: 情感 need: 需要
  通常是童年未满足的情感需求导致的。
  -Penny: Oh, well, I had a wonderful childhood.
  wonderful: 棒的
  噢我的童年可了不得了。
  -Beverly: Tell me about it.
  是么。
  -Penny: I know my dad wanted a boy.
  我知道老爸想要个儿子。
  I-I just, I tried being good at, sports, but I hated getting dirty!
  good at: 擅长 sports: 体育 hate: 讨厌 dirty: 脏
  我,我努力让自己变成体育健将,可我真的讨厌把自己弄脏!
  And then, I'm assuming you entered adolescence.
  assume: 假设  enter: 进入 adolescence: 青春期
  然后,我想你进入了青春期。
  He called me Slugger until, I got my first training bra.
  Slugger: 种子选手,重击手  first: 第一个 training: 训练 bra: 胸衣
  在我得到第一件运动内衣之前,他都管我叫“重击手”来着。
  -Beverly: And then he just stopped, playing catch with me.
  之后他就不和我玩传接球了。
  I wasn't Slugger anymore.
  anymore: 不再
  我再也不是“重击手”了。
  Your mother's here!
  你妈妈来了!
  -Beverly: If you want to have intercourse with that girl,,
  intercourse: 性交
  如果你想和那个姑娘上床。
  find out what kind of cologne her father wore.
  find out: 找出 cologne: 古龙香水 wore: wear的过去式,穿,戴,擦(香水)
  查查他老爸擦的是哪种古龙水。
  -Leonard: Good to see you, Mother.
  见到你真好,妈妈。
  Here's your tea, Mother.
  这是你要的茶,妈妈。
  -Beverly: Oolong?,
  oolong: 乌龙茶
  乌龙茶?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: Loose, Not bagged?
  bagged: 袋的
  散装的,不是袋泡的?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: Steeped three minutes?,
  steep: 泡 minute: 分钟
  泡了三分钟?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: Two-percent, milk?
  percent: 百分之 milk: 牛奶
  加了2%的牛奶?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: Warmed separately?,
  warm: 热的 separately: 分离地
  分开加热的?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: One teaspoon sugar?,
  teaspoon: 茶匙 sugar: 糖
  一茶勺糖?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: Raw sugar?
  raw sugar: 原糖
  原糖?
  -Leonard: Yes.
  嗯。
  -Beverly: It's cold.
  凉了。
  -Leonard: I'll start again.
  我再来一回。
  -Sheldon: I have the same problem with him.
  我也有同样的困扰。
  My theory is that his lack of focus stems from an over-developed sex drive.
  theory: 理论  lack of: 缺乏 focus: 集中 stem: 茎  over-developed: 过度发达 sex drive: 性冲动
  我的看法是他无法集中精力,是因为过度发达的性冲动造成的。
  -Beverly: Oh, I don't know where, he would've gotten that.
  他怎么会有那玩意儿。
  Aside from a pro forma, consummation of our marriage,
  aside from: 除..以外  pro forma: 形式 consummation: 圆满 marriage: 婚姻
  除却一段形式上完满的婚姻。
  his father and I only had intercourse, for the purposes of reproduction.
  intercourse: 性交 purpose: 目的  reproduction: 繁殖
  他的父亲和我交髯只是为了繁殖。
  -Sheldon: That seems a fairly, efficient arrangement.
  fairly: 相当地 efficient: 有效率的 arrangement: 安排
  这样还真是高效哈。
  -Beverly: Yes, we think so. We've, both done papers on it.
  both: 两者都 paper: 论文
  是啊。我们也这么想,我们曾为这事做了论文研究。
  Mine from the neuroscientific point of view and his from an anthropological.
  neuroscientific: 神经系统科学的  point of view: 观点 anthropological: 人类学的
  我从神经系统科学观点出发,他是从人类学观点出发。
  Mine, of course, was the, only one worth reading.
  worth: 价值
  当然,我的才有阅读价值。
  -Sheldon: Of course.
  当然。
  I would very much like to, read about your sex life.
  我非常希望可以拜读一下你的性生活。
  Well, it's all online or you can order, it from the Princeton University Press.
  online: 在线 order: 订购 Princeton University Press: 普林斯顿大学出版社
  你可以在线阅读或者,你可以从普林斯顿大学出版社订购。
  -Leonard: Here's your tea, Mother.
  这是你的茶,妈妈。
  So, what are you guys talking about?
  你们在聊什么呢?
  -Sheldon: The frequency with which, your parents had intercourse.
  frequency: 频率  intercourse: 性交
  你父母性交的频率。
  -Leonard: Swell.
  哦
  If you're lucky, maybe she'll show, you the PowerPoint presentation.
  lucky: 幸运 powerpoint: 演示文稿 presentation: 介绍
  幸运的话,她会给你做幻灯片演讲哦。
  -Beverly: I'm sorry, it's on my other laptop.
  laptop: 笔记本电脑
  对不起。那在我另一个笔记本里。
  -Leonard: So, Mother... what's new?
  妈妈,有什么新鲜事?
  -Beverly: You'll have to be more specific.
  specific: 特定的
  你应该要有针对性地问。
  -Leonard: All right. Uh, what's new with you?
  好吧。你有什么新鲜事?
  -Beverly: Oh, well, I've been having some, fascinating menopausal symptoms recently.
  fascinating: 迷人的 menopausal: 更年期的 symptoms: 症状  recently: 最近
  哦,我最近有一些令人着迷的,更年期征兆。
  -Leonard: Maybe something less personal.
  less: 较少的 personal: 私人的
  说些不是太私人的事。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288299.html