生活大爆炸第二季第二十一集_3(在线收听) |
-Sheldon:Okay, that's question 20. You have to guess. 好,这是第20问了,你得猜猜看。
-Penny:I don't know, Sheldon. Are you Star Wars?
我不知道,Sheldon你扮演的是星际大战?
-Sheldon:How can one person be a whole movie?
一个人如何能够扮演一整部电影?
-Penny:Okay, I give up. Can we just do something else?
give up:放弃,认输
算了,我放弃,我们能干点别的吗?
-Sheldon:Fine.
那好。
I was Spock.
我是史波克。
Are you and Leonard friends with benefits?
benefits:益处,保险
你和Leonard是"非常朋友"吗?
-Penny:What?
什么?
-Sheldon:Are you and Leonard friends with benefits?
你和Leonard是"非常朋友"吗?
-Penny:Where did that even come from? Did he say we were?
何来此话,是他这么说的吗?
-Sheldon:No, Leonard said nothing.
不,Leonard什么也没说。
But who knows what goes on over here when he pretends your mail was misdelivered?
go on:发生 pretend:假装 misdeliver:送错
可他假装你的信送错了地方,谁知道你们俩到底怎么回事?
-Penny:Just mail, no benefits.
只是送信,没非常关系。
-Sheldon:I see.
明白了。
-Penny:Why are you asking?
干嘛问这个?
-Sheldon:I'm curious about the whole social construct.
curious:好奇 construct:构成
我对整个社交构成结构感到好奇。
On its face, the idea of satisfying one's sexual appetite--
satisfy:使满足 appetite:欲望
从表面来看,满足一个人的性欲...
assuming one is afflicted with such--
assuming:如果 be afflicted with:受折磨
假如说有人遭受此事--
without emotional entanglement, that seems eminently practical.
emotional:感情的 entanglement:瓜葛,纠缠
eminently:很,非常 practical:实际的
又没有感情纠葛,是非常现实的关系,
What I've observed, however, is Howard Wolowitz crying like a little girl.
observe:观察,看到
然而现在是,Howard Wolowitz哭哭啼啼的就像个小女孩。
-Penny:Well, some people just can't handle that kind of relationship.
handle:处理,应付
有些人就是没办法处理好这种感情。
-Sheldon:Can you?
那你行吗?
-Penny:Excuse me?
什么意思?
-Sheldon:Are you able to have sex with men without developing an emotional attachment?
attachment:爱慕,依恋
你可以与男人发生关系同时不掺杂任何感情进去吗?
-Penny:Sheldon, I really don't want to talk about this with you.
Sheldon我真不想和你讨论这个。
-Sheldon:Is this conversation making you uncomfortable?
uncomfortable:不自在的
这谈话让你感到不自在了吗?
-Penny:Of course it's making me uncomfortable. Can't you tell?
当然让我不自在,你看不出来吗?
-Sheldon:I really have no idea. I don't particularly excel at reading facial expressions, body language...
excel at:擅长于 facial:面部的 expression:表情
我不清楚,我不擅长阅读面部表情肢体语言...
-Penny:I'm uncomfortable, Sheldon!
我很不自在 Sheldon!
-Sheldon:Thank you. That's very helpful.
谢谢,我懂了。
-Howard:All right, where are these amazing shrimp?
amazing:令人惊异的 shrimp:小虾
好吧,美味小虾在哪?
-Leonard:Behold.
Behold:看
看这里。
-Howard:Seriously, you think this is the size of a baby's arm?
说真的,你说和婴儿胳膊一般大小就是这样子的?
-Raj:A little baby.
小小婴儿。
-Howard:Okay, I'm going back to the room.
好,我还是回家吧。
-Woman:Boy, would it maybe kill them to put out a nice brisket?
brisket:胸肉
让他们上一盘上等胸肉就这么困难?
-Howard:Hi, there. Howard Wolowitz.
你好,我是Howard Wolowitz。
-Woman:Esther Rosenblatt
Esther Rosenblatt。
-Penny:I don't think the manager's coming tonight, so here.
我觉得管理员今晚是不会来了,给你。
-Sheldon:Are you suggesting I sleep on the couch?
couch:长沙发
你是准备让我睡沙发吗?
-Penny:Well, it wasn't the first suggestion that came to mind, but it's the one I'm going with.
虽然不是我的最初想法,不过我现在是这么打算的。
-Sheldon:I can't sleep on your couch. I sleep in a bed.
我没法睡你的沙发,我都是在床上睡觉的。
And given its dimensions,
dimensions:尺寸
瞧瞧这尺寸,
I have no intention of living out E.M.Snickering's beloved children's book,
intention:意向 beloved:心爱的
我可不想像E.M.Snickering的流行儿童读物中那个
The Tall Man From Cornwall.
康沃尔的大个子一样睡觉。
-Penny:What?
什么?
-Sheldon:"There was a tall man from Cornwall whose length exceeded his bed."
length:长度 exceed:超过
从前在康沃尔有个大个子,他的身高要长过自己的床,
"My body fits on it, but barely upon it, there's no room for my big Cornish head."
fit:适合 Cornish:康沃尔人的
这张床我的身子躺着刚刚好,可我的头却没有地方放。
-Penny:All right, I will give you my bed on one condition:
condition:条件
好吧,我让出床不过有一个条件,
that you promise to zip your hole for the next eight hours.
promise:答应 zip:用拉链拉上
未来8小时内把你那窟窿闭好。
-Sheldon:May I say one last thing?
我还能再说一句吗?
-Penny:Only if it doesn't rhyme.
rhyme:押韵
不押韵就行。
-Sheldon:All right.
那好吧。
Good night.
晚安啦。
-woman:Turn-ons? Let me see.
Turn-on:刺激
感性趣的事,让我想想。
Reading a good book in front of the fire, long walks on the beach...
on the beach:在海滩上
在壁炉前读本好书,在沙滩上漫步,
and getting freaky on the Sabbath with a bacon cheeseburger.
freaky:狂欢 Sabbath:安息日 bacon:培根,咸猪肉
cheeseburger:放有干酪的肉饼
在安息日里放纵一下,吃培根芝士汉堡。
-Howard:Really? Me, too!
是吗,我也是哎。
-woman:Oy, gevalt, you're hot.
gevalt :(表示悲伤、苦恼、惊讶等)嗳呀,哎唷,天哪
噢,天呐,你真性感。
-Howard:Yeah.
是吗。
Excuse me for a moment.
稍等一下。
-Leonard:Hey, how's it going?
进展如何?
-Howard:Cut the crap. You set this up, didn't you?
crap:废物
少废话,你们安排的,对不对?
-Leonard:Yes.
对。
-Howard:She' s a hooker, isn’t she?
hooker:妓女
她是只鸡,对吧?
-Raj:A prostitute, yes.
是妓女,没错。
-Howard:you already gave her the money?
你们已经付了钱?
-Leonard:Yes.
对。
-Howard:Thank you!
太感谢啦!
-Sheldon:Penny?
Penny?
-Penny:What?
干嘛?
-Sheldon:I can't sleep.
我睡不着。
-Penny:Maybe that's because your hole is still open.
也许是因为你的大窟窿还张着。
-Sheldon:I'm homesick.
homesick:想家的
我想家。
-Penny:Your home is 20 feet from here.
你家离这不过20尺。
-Sheldon:20 feet,20 light-years, it doesn't matter.
light-years:光年
20尺还是20光年这都不重要。
It's in a galaxy far, far away.
galaxy:星系
在我这如同一个星系那么遥远。
-Penny:Damn it.
可恶。
What do you want me to do?
你想让我怎么办?
-Sheldon:Sing "Soft Kitty."
给我唱"软软凯蒂猫"。
-Penny:That's only for when you're sick.
那是只有你生病时才唱的歌。
-Sheldon:Homesick is a type of being sick.
思家也是一种病。
-Penny:Come on, do I really have to?
拜托,真的要唱吗?
-Sheldon:I suppose we can stay up and talk.
stay up:不睡觉,熬夜
那设想下我们通宵达旦,闲话家常。
-Penny:Soft kitty, warm kitty
软软凯蒂,柔柔凯蒂
Little ball of fur
fur:软毛
一团小毛球
Happy kitty...
快乐凯蒂...
-Sheldon:Sleepy kitty.
睡睡凯蒂
-Penny:Sleepy kit...
睡睡凯...
-Sheldon:No.
不对。
Start over.
重来。
-Penny:Soft kitty, warm kitty
软软凯蒂,柔柔凯蒂
Little ball of fur
一团小毛球
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty
快乐凯蒂,睡睡凯蒂
Purr, purr, purr.
喵,喵,喵
-Sheldon:Penny?
Penny?
-Penny:Yeah?
嗯?
-Sheldon:Thank you for letting me stay here.
谢谢你留我在这过夜。
-Penny:You're welcome, sweetie.
不客气,甜心。
-Sheldon:Okay, I'm sleepy now. Get out.
好,我已经困了,你出去。
Oh, good. You're finally home.
太好了,你总算回来了。
-Leonard:What were you doing at Penny's?
Penny's:Penny家
你在Penny家干什么?
-Sheldon:Well, we had dinner, uh, played some games, and then I spent the night.
我们一起吃了晚饭,做游戏,之后我在那过的夜。
You'll be happy to know that I now have a much better understanding of "friends with benefits."
哦,告诉你一件好事哦,我对"非常朋友"有了更深入的了解。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288403.html |