生活大爆炸第二季第二十集二_1(在线收听) |
-Sheldon:Smell that? 闻到没?
That's the smell of new comic books.
comic:连环漫画
新漫画书的味道。
-Howard:They're on me today, boys.
哥们,今儿个都算我账上。
-Raj:You're paying?
你付钱?
Have you been selling your sperm again?
sperm:精子
你又卖精子了?
-Howard:No, I'm celebrating.
celebrate:庆祝
不,庆祝下。
As we speak, the space shuttle is docking
space shuttle:航天飞机 dock:【航空】使(宇宙飞行器)在外层空间会合
我们说话这当儿,航天飞机正对接国际空间站,
at the International Space Station where it will deploy the Wolowitz Zero-Gravity Waste Disposal System.
International:国际的 Space Station:太空站 deploy:施展
Zero-Gravity:飞行时之失重状态 Waste:废物
Disposal:处理 System:系统
其采用了Wolowitz零重力废物处理系统。
-Raj:Get over yourself. It's a high-tech toilet.
Get over:结束 high-tech:高科技
少臭美了,不过是高科技厕所。
-Leonard:Just think. Thanks to your hard work, an international crew of astronauts will "boldly go where no man has gone before."
Thanks to:幸亏 crew:全体机务人员
astronaut:宇航员 boldly:大胆地
想想吧,多亏了你的付出,一飞船的国际宇航员都能"大胆去往无人探索的地方"。
-Howard:Is that supposed to be funny?
funny:可笑的
你这是搞笑咩?
-Sheldon:I believe it is.
我想是的。
The combination of the Star Trek reference
combination:结合 Star Trek:星际迷航 Trek:徒步旅行 reference:参考
引用星际迷航的话来玩去和"冲"的文字游戏,
and the play on words involving the double-meaning of the verb "to go" suggests that Leonard is mocking your efforts in space plumbing.
involving:包括 double-meaning:双重意思 verb:动词
mock:嘲笑 efforts :努力 plumbing:管道工程
表示Leonard在幽默的嘲笑你对宇航管道装置下的良苦用心。
-Howard:Okay, make your little jokes,
好啦,笑你们的吧。
but of the four of us, I'm the only one making any real-world contribution to science and technology.
contribution:贡献 science and technology:科技
但四个人中只有我对科技做出了实际贡献。
-Raj:He's right. This is an important achievement, for two reasons.
achievement:成就
他说的对,基于两点原因,这是一项重大的成果。
Number one...
第一...
and, of course, number two!
还有,当然了,第二!
-Sheldon:Clever!
行啊你!
Playing on the use of cardinal numbers as euphemisms for bodily functions.
cardinal:基数 euphemism:委婉语 bodily:人体的 function:功能
用基数词做文章来委婉表达人体机能。
-Man:Here, Sheldon, I pulled the new Hellboy for you.
Hellboy:地狱男孩
来Sheldon,给你新的地狱男孩,
It's mind-blowing.
mind-blowing:使兴奋的
绝对大跌眼镜。
-Sheldon:Excuse me.
你咋回事啊。
Spoiler alert.
Spoiler:抢夺者 alert:提醒
剧透啦。
-Man:I didn't spoil anything.
spoil:抢夺
我啥也没透啊。
-Sheldon:You told me it's mind-blowing.
你都说会大跌眼镜了。
So, my mind is going into it pre-blown.
所以我看之前眼镜就提前跌了,
And once a mind is pre-blown, it cannot be re-blown.
提前跌完就不能够再跌了。
-Man:I'm sorry.
对不起了。
-Sheldon:Said the Grinch to Christmas.
Grinch:圣诞怪杰 Christmas:圣诞节
扫兴鬼对圣诞节如是说 (苏斯博士书中搅乱圣诞节的角色)。
-Man:Can I talk to you about something?
嘿Leonard,咱谈谈成吗?
-Leonard:sure, What's up?
行啊,啥事?
-Man:Remember I went out with Penny, a couple weeks ago?
couple:一些,几个
记得几周前我和你朋友Penny约会不?
-Leonard:Yeah, vaguely.
vaguely:含糊的
嗯,记不太清了。
-Raj:Sure you remember.
才怪嘞。
You went to the bar and made a fool of yourself trying to pick up strange women.
made a fool of:愚弄
那晚你去酒吧自欺欺人打算泡陌生美眉。
-Leonard:What about it?
咋了呢?
-Man:The thing is, the date didn't go that well.
是这样,约会不太成功。
-Leonard:Too bad.
真遗憾。
I guess the thing to do now is just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, forget it and move on.
dust off:掸去尘土,这里指振作精神
我想现在你该站起来,振作一下,忘记此事,向前看。
-Man:I can't do that.
不行的。
-Leonard:Why the hell not?
有啥不行的吧?
-Man:'Cause we're going out again tomorrow.
因为明晚我们又要约会了。
-Sheldon:Excuse me, Stuart.
打扰下,Stuart。
Have you read the new Flash?
看了最新的闪电侠没?
-Man:No
没有。
-Sheldon:Well, I have and it will knock your socks off!
我看完了,这期会赞得你下巴都掉下来的!
Good luck getting them back on.
祝你能把它推回去。
-Man:This is probably my last shot with Penny and I don't want to screw it up.
screw up:把…搞砸
总之,这是我和Penny的最后机会了,我不想搞砸了。
-Leonard:Nobody wants that.
谁想搞砸啊。
-Man:So, here's my question: It's the second date,
所以我的问题就来了,第二次约会
you think she'll be expecting things to get physical?
physical:身体的
你觉得她会不会想来点...身体接触?
-Leonard:Gee...
哎呀...
My initial reaction is "no,"
initial:最初的 reaction:反应
我第一反应是"不想",
but let me think about it and get back to you.
但还是让我想想吧,回来告诉你。
-Man:So, you'll give me a call?
那你打给我?
-Leonard:Yeah, or you call me.
嗯,你打给我也成。
-Man:Great.
好。
-Leonard:Or nobody calls anyone.
谁也不给谁打更成。
-Raj:Interesting.
有点意思。
Penny's current suitor asking advice from her former suitor.
current:现在的 suitor:追求者 advice:忠告,意见 former:过去的
Penny的现追求者向前追求者取经。
-Leonard:You know, thanks for closed-captioning my pain, Raj.
captioning:解说 pain:痛苦
谢谢你解说我的痛楚Raj。
-Howard:Hey, wanna make sure he gets nowhere with Penny without jeopardizing your friendship with either of them?
wanna= want to jeopardize:危及,损害
嘿,想既不让他和Penny有进展又不妨碍你和他俩的友情吗?
-Leonard:I'm listening.
洗耳恭听。
-Howard:Just tell him to do everything you've done with her for the last two years.
让他做过去两年来你和她做的事。
-Penny:Hi, Leonard.
嘿Leonard。
-Leonard:Hi.
哦,嗨。
-Penny:How's it going?
怎么样?
-Leonard:Good, good. You?
蛮好,蛮好,你呢?
-Penny:Fine.
挺好的。
Can I ask you something?
问你点事好不?
-Leonard:Sure.
好呀。
-Penny:You know your friend Stuart?
记得你朋友Stuart哈?
-Leonard:Yeah.
嗯。
-Penny:He asked me out again and I said yes,
他又约我出去,我答应了。
and then I started thinking maybe I should talk to you first.
然后寻思着我似乎应该现跟你谈谈。
-Leonard:About what?
谈啥?
-Penny:Does it bother you, me going out with one of your friends?
bother:使不安
你会介意不,我跟你朋友约会?
'Cause you know, you and me...
因为那啥嘛,你和我...
-Leonard:No, that's the past.
不会啦,那都老黄历了。
I'm really more of a "right now" kind of guy.
我可是那种更计较现在的人。
You know, living in the moment.
懂吧,活在当下
Although I do have to live a little in the future, 'cause that's my job.
虽说我的确需要关注未来,因为我的工作嘛。
Of course, my fondness for classic science fiction does draw my attention backwards,
fondness for:喜好 classic:经典的 science fiction:科幻
fiction:虚构的 draw:拖,拉 backwards:向后
当然啦,我对经典科幻小说的喜爱会把我的焦点拉回一点点,
but those stories often take place in the future.
take place:发生
但那些故事常常发生在未来嘛。
In conclusion, no, it doesn't bother me.
In conclusion:最后,综上所述
总之了,我不介意。
-Penny:Okay, well, that's really cool of you.
好,你能这样想真好。
-Leonard:I wouldn't say cool. I'd just say... "That's Leonard!"
不是啥好不好的,要我说是"Leonard就是这种人嘛!"
-Penny:In that case, do you mind giving me some advice?
In that case:如果是那样的话 mind:介意
既然这样,那你能给点啥建议不?
-Leonard:About Stuart?
关于Stuart的?
Love to.
原意啊。
-Penny:He's very shy.
他很害羞。
How do I make him feel more comfortable around me?
comfortable:舒服的,自在的
怎么能让他在我身边自在点?
-Leonard:First of all, don't underestimate the value of discomfort.
underestimate:低估 discomfort:不舒服
首先,不要低估不自在的价值。
-Penny:Really?
真的呀?
-Leonard:Stuart thrives under pressure.
thrive:兴盛 pressure:压力
Stuart在压力下爆发
That's why he works in a comic book store.
所以他在漫画书店工作嘛。
-Leonard:It's Stuart.
是Stuart。
-Sheldon:You're not going to answer it?
你不打算接?
-Leonard:He wants to talk about Penny. I don't want to talk about Penny.
他想谈Penny的事,我不想谈Penny。
-Sheldon:You're making an assumption.
assumption:假设
你的假设而已啊。
Perhaps the comic book store is on fire.
be on fire:着火,失火
或许是漫画书店着火了呢,
And he needs your assistance.
assistance:帮助
他需要你的帮助。
-Leonard:Why would he call me?
那打给我干啥?
-Sheldon:We don't know.
不知道呀。
And if you don't answer the phone, we can't know.
你要是不接电话呢,我们也知道不了。
-Leonard:I'm not answering the phone.
我才不要接电话。
-Sheldon:Answer the phone, Leonard.
接电话Leonard。
-Leonard:There, it went to voice mail.
voice mail:语音信箱
好啦,转接语音信箱啦。
-Sheldon:Aren't you going to check your messages?
你不读你的信息吗?
-Leonard:No
不要。
-Sheldon:You have to check your messages!
你必须读下信息Leonard!
The living of a message is one half of a social contract which is completed by the checking of the message.
contract:契约
既然留信息那就要读信息,才能实现这一社会契约。
If that contract breaks down,
break down:粉碎
如果这契约破碎了,
then all social contracts break down and we descend into anarchy.
descend into:向下行 anarchy:混乱
那所有社会契约都会破碎,我们会陷入混乱状态。
-Leonard:It must be hell inside your head.
你脑子里一定纠结死了吧。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288404.html |