纸牌屋第一季 第31期:锤子主编(在线收听

  about the sexism Durant faced early on in her career.
  所面对的性别歧视进行了很细致的描述
  That's right.
  没错
  When she was first elected,
  她最初当选的时候
  it was still an old boy's club in the senate.
  参议院还是男人的世界
  Journalism used to be that way, too, not so long ago.
  不久之前,新闻业也是一样的
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  I feel really lucky.
  我真的感到很幸运
  I've had lots of trailblazers come before me.
  我前面有很多的开拓者
  For instance, my colleague Janine Skorsky
  比如我的同事,简宁·斯克斯基
  was the first woman at the herald
  是《先驱报》首位
  to become chief political correspondent,
  成为首席政治记者的女性
  and that was only five years ago.
  而那距今也只有五年
  Has it been those trailblazers
  是那些开拓者
  who've allowed you to rise so quickly?
  让你晋升得如此迅速吗
  You've moved up from the Metro pages
  你从都市板块
  to the front page Sunday edition.
  走上了周日的头版
  Uh, well, I don't know that that would be possible
  如果不是有简宁在前铺路
  if Janine hadn't already paved the way.
  我恐怕是做不到这一切的
  So does that mean that
  这是否意味着
  the herald is not particularly progressive?
  《先驱报》不够进步
  I think that they are. Tom is very open minded.
  我认为够进步了,汤姆的思想很开放
  He's the reason Janine got promoted.
  简宁能获得升职也是因为他
  That's Tom Hammerschmidt, the executive editor.
  我们说的是汤姆·汉默施密特,执行主编
  Yes, we actually call him the hammer.
  没错,我们都叫他锤子
  The hammer? Why?
  锤子,为什么
  Because he's tough.
  因为他很严厉
  How tough?
  有多严厉
  He's, uh Tom has very high standards.
  他,汤姆有很高的标准
  I love him.
  我很爱他
  He's a he's a great mentor.
  他是位伟大的导师
  Um, it can be frustrating at times.
  不过有时会让人觉得沮丧
  Um, he makes you double and triplecheck things,
  他会让你反复核查稿件
  and you want to get the news out the moment you have it,
  而你一拿到新闻就急着想发表
  and he makes you rewrite until it's perfect,
  而他会让你不断修改,直到完美
  but that's what makes the Herald the Herald.
  但正是这份严谨成就了《先驱报》
  Is that a workable model in the Internet age?
  这种模式在网络时代依然可行吗
  Our readers think it is.
  我们的读者认为可行
  Well, you have a declining readership.
  可你们的读者人数在下滑
  But I don't lay that at Tom's feet.
  但我不认为这是汤姆的责任
  I think that that's the times we live in, right?
  我们所处的时代就是如此,不是吗
  Should newspapers adapt to the times we live in?
  报纸应该迎合我们所处的时代吗
  It's not that the Herald refuses to adapt.
  《先驱报》并没有拒绝改变
  We have an online presence.
  我们有网络版
  Is that maybe not adapting fast enough?
  那会不会是你们改变得不够快
  I wouldn't argue with that statement.
  我不会反驳这一观点
  We could do more.
  我们可以更加努力
  We've got a special guest with us today.
  我们今天有一位特别来宾
  He asked for the opportunity
  他请求能借今早的机会
  to share a few words with us this morning
  和大家说几句话
  Our very own congressman, Frank Underwood.
  有请本区国会议员,弗兰克·安德伍德
  Good morning. Good morning.
  早上好,早上好
  Thank you, reverend,
  谢谢你,牧师
  and thanks to that choir for that beautiful hymn.
  也感谢唱诗班带来的美妙圣歌
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/309825.html