纸牌屋第一季 第98期:赌输了吃掉帽子和鞋(在线收听) |
Look, I don't do that shit anymore. 听着,我现在不那么干了
'Cause once word got out,
因为话一传开
it was like I hit a wall, and nobody took me seriously.
我就四处碰壁,没人拿我当回事
So, a piece of advice as far as career strategies go:
就职场策略而言,给你一点建议
It's not worth fucking your way to the middle.
为了一点点地位跟人上床不值得
Chopsticks or fork?
用筷子还是叉子
Look, if you go, I am gonna have to eat both of these,
你要是走了,我就得吃两份了
纸牌屋第1季.jpg
and that is not cool.
那可不好
No. I'll eat with you.
不,我留下跟你一起吃
Good.
好的
Back home, Meechum.
回家,密查姆
Sir.
是
Francis...
弗兰西斯
How's your hand?
你的手怎么样了
Fine.
还好
You should change the bandage, no?
不是该换绷带了吗
Later.
待会儿
I thought you were gonna be out late.
你不是要晚归吗
No.
不
You seem upset. I'm not.
你好像心情不好,没有
What happened? Nothing.
发生了什么事,没事
Can I get more than two words out of you?
你能多说两个字吗
I'm just trying to relax.
我只是在放松
Claire,
克莱尔
I love you.
我爱你
I love you too.
我也爱你
Did Zoe expect me to twiddle my thumbs until her arrival?
佐伊指望我焦躁难安地等她吗
Perhaps she's making the mistake
我看她是搞错了
thinking her time is as valuable as mine.
以为她的时间和我的一样宝贵
Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it.
接近权力让一些人错以为他们拥有权力
I put an end to that sort of thinking before it begins.
我要把这种错觉扼杀在萌芽中
And if I'm not mistaken, the last time I was in Tannersville,
如果我没记错,上次来坦纳斯维尔时
Buddy Corcharan pulled me aside
巴蒂·寇克兰把我拉到一边
and told me I was wasting my time,
跟我说我这是在浪费时间
because the Republicans
因为共和党
were gonna sweep Monroe County in a landslide.
在门罗郡会以压倒性的优势获胜
Well, Buddy had to eat his hat and both his shoes
巴蒂后来只得吃掉他的帽子和鞋
eat one's hat and shoes
赌输了吃掉帽子和鞋
when I won the county in a landslide.
因为是我以压倒性优势赢得了本郡
And let me tell you, that man has big feet
而且,他有双大脚
and an even bigger head, so that was quite a meal.
头更大,够他好好吃一顿了
My daddy used to tell me a story
我爸爸曾给我讲过一个故事
about people who count their chickens before they hatched.
说在小鸡孵出之前就数有几个的人
Although, to be fair,
不过说实话
he probably didn't know what he was talking about,
他大概根本不知道自己在说什么
because he grew up in Pittsburgh.
因为他是匹兹堡人
And I certainly never saw a hen around my house,
我家周围也没有一只母鸡
unless you count my mother.
除非你把我妈也算上
Do you want me to do something? But, seriously,
要我插手吗,但是,说正经的...
No. Let him talk. ...I do love this town...
不用,让他说,我很爱这座城市...
I don't know if he's ever going to introduce you.
我不觉得他会引你出场
He will. Just give him time.
他会的,给他点时间
Because it still has that frontier spirit.
因为它仍有拓荒者的气质
It's been an hour.
都一小时了
We were supposed to leave for Carbondale ten minutes ago.
我们十分钟前就该去卡本代尔了
I can't interrupt him. He's the Vice President.
我不能打断他,他可是副总统
We're not on the edge of Penn's Woods.
我们又不是在宾州边境上
We need economic development flowcharts
我们得把流域法案的经济发展
for the watershed bill sent over to Terry Womack's office.
流程图送交泰瑞·乌麦克办公室
Hard copies, 20 of them. I'll do it right away.
打印稿 20份,我就去办
How's everything going with Rachel?
瑞秋怎么样了
I think she's a little down in the dumps.
心情不怎么好
She got a waitressing job last week,
上周她找到份服务员的工作
and then they let her go.
但又被解雇了
Why? She wouldn't tell me.
为什么,她不告诉我
All she said was her boss was a creep.
就说老板是个变态
Thirty minutes ago, I received a text from Zoe.
30分钟前,佐伊给我发了条短信
She intends to apologize, no doubt.
毫无疑问,她想道歉
I respect that she wants to atone in person,
我尊重她想当面忏悔的意愿
even though it's taken her over 16 hours to build up the courage.
尽管她花了16个小时才鼓起勇气 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/316852.html |