英语听书《海底两万里》第166期 第11章 诺第留斯号(17)(在线收听

   Professor Aronnax, Captain Nemo answered me, I've said you'd be free aboard my vessel, so no part of the Nautilus is off-limits to you.

  阿龙纳斯先生,尼摩船长回答我,我跟您说过了,您在我船上是自由的,因此,诺第留斯号的任何一部分您都可以去看。
  You may inspect it in detail, and I'll be delighted to act as your guide.
  所以,您可以详细参观它,我很高兴,能作您的向导。
  I don't know how to thank you, sir, but I won't abuse your good nature.
  我不知道怎么感谢您才好,先生,但我不能妄用您的美意,随便乱问,
  I would only ask you about the uses intended for these instruments of physical measure--
  我单单想问那些物理仪器是作什么用的。
  Professor, these same instruments are found in my stateroom, where I'll have the pleasure of explaining their functions to you.
  教授,这样的一些仪器,我的房子里也有,到我房中的时候,我一定给您讲解它们的用处。
  But beforehand, come inspect the cabin set aside for you. You need to learn how you'll be lodged aboard the Nautilus.
  现在请先去参观一下给您留下的舱房。您应该知道您在诺第留斯号船上住得怎么样。
  I followed Captain Nemo, who, via one of the doors cut into the lounge's canted corners, led me back down the ship's gangways.
  我跟在尼摩船长后面,从容厅的一个门穿出,又回到过值中。
  He took me to the bow, and there I found not just a cabin but an elegant stateroom with a bed, a washstand, and various other furnishings.
  他领我向船前头走去,我在那里看到的,不仅仅是一个舱房,并且是有床、有梳洗台和各种家具的一个漂亮的房间。
  I could only thank my host.
  我不能不十分感谢我的主人。
  Your stateroom adjoins mine, he told me, opening a door, and mine leads into that lounge we've just left.
  您的房间紧挨着我的房间,他一边打开门,一边对我说,我的房间跟我们刚离开的客厅相通。
  I entered the captain's stateroom. It had an austere, almost monastic appearance. An iron bedstead, a worktable, some washstand fixtures.
  我走进船长的房间里。房间内部朴实整齐,有点像隐士住的,房中有一张铁床,一张办公台和一些梳洗用具。
  Subdued lighting. No luxuries. Just the bare necessities.
  淡淡的灯光照着内部。里面没有什么讲究的东西。只有一些必需品。
  Captain Nemo showed me to a bench.
  尼摩船长指着一把椅子,对我说:
  Kindly be seated, he told me.
  请坐。
  I sat, and he began speaking as follows:
  我坐下,他对我说了下面的一些话。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336546.html