小王子 第5期:结识小王子(在线收听

  He looked at it carefully, then he said:“No. This sheep is already very sickly. Make me another.”
  他专心地看着,随后又说:“我不要,这只羊已经病得很重了。给我重新画一只。”
  So I made another drawing.
  我又画了起来。
  My friend smiled gently and indulgently.
  我的这位朋友天真可爱地笑了,并且客气地拒绝道:
  “You see yourself,” he said, “that this is not a sheep. This is a ram. It has horns.”
  你看,你画的不是小羊,是头公羊,还有犄角呢。
  So then I did my drawing over once more.
  于是我又重新画了一张。
  But it was rejected too, just like the others.
  这副画同前几副一样又被拒绝了。
  This one is too old. I want a sheep that will live a long time.
  这一只太老了。我想要一只能活得长的羊。
  By this time my patience was exhausted, because I was in a hurry to start taking my engine apart.
  我不耐烦了。因为我急于要检修发动机,
  So I tossed off this drawing. And I threw out an explanation with it.
  于是就草草画了这张画,并且匆匆地对他说道:
  This is only his box. The sheep you asked for is inside.
  这是一只箱子,你要的羊就在里面。
  I was very surprised to see a light break over the face of my young judge:
  这时我十分惊奇地看到我的这位小评判员喜笑颜开。他说:
  That is exactly the way I wanted it! Do you think that this sheep will have to have a great deal of grass?
  这正是我想要的,你说这只羊需要很多草吗?
  Why?
  为什么问这个呢?
  Because where I live everything is very small.
  因为我那里地方非常小
  “There will surely be enough grass for him,” I said. “It is a very small sheep that I have given you.”
  我给你画的是一只很小的小羊,地方小也够喂养它的。
  He bent his head over the drawing:“Not so small that– Look! He has gone to sleep.
  他把脑袋靠近这张画。“并不象你说的那么小瞧!它睡着了”
  And that is how I made the acquaintance of the little prince.
  就这样,我认识了小王子。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xiaowangzi/339696.html