大忙人学社交口语 第12期:谈论打高尔夫球(在线收听) |
Conversation 对话
Good game?
比赛还好吗?
Not bad.
还不错。
Bit too hot for me today.
我觉得今天太热了。
Yes, I know.
是啊,我知道。
Kind of hard to concentrate, isn't it?
有点难以定下心来,对吧?
Absolutely.
没错。
Who were you playing with?
你跟谁一起打球?
Oh, just on my own.
噢,我自己打。
I just joined, so I don't really have any partners.
因为我才刚加入,所以我连个球伴都没有。
Really?
真的吗?
Oh, well in that case we should play together some time.
噢,要是这样的话,我们应该找个时间一起打。
What's your handicap?
你的差点是多少?
sixteen. Yours?
16。你呢?
No kidding!
不盖你!
I'm 16, too.
我也是16。
We should definitely play together some time.
我们一定要找个时间一起打球。
My name's Bob.
我是Bob.
Jane. Nice to meet you.
我是Jane,很高兴认识你。
Me too.
我也是。
So, do you like the course?
对了,你喜欢这个球场吗?
Yes, it's fine.
喜欢,还不错。
However, I personally think the fairways between the greens are a bit too long, especially for such a hot climate.
不过,我个人觉得果岭间的球道太长了点,尤其天气又这么热。
Don't they have carts?
他们没有球车吗?
Well, they used to, but they got rid of them because of environmental concerns.
哦,以前有,可是后来基于环保的理由就不用了。
Oh, that's good.
嗅,那很好。
I guess the caddies were pleased.
我猜球童会很开心。
Actually, in my opinion, the carts were better because you don't have to tip them.
其实我觉得有球车比较好,因为你不必给小费。
Yes, but look at it this way: getting rid of the carts probably gives more work to local people, which is a good thing, right?
是啊,可是换个角度来看,不用球车或许可以增加本地人的就业机会,这也是好事一桩,对吧?
Possibly, but I still miss them! What bothers me is that the heat makes the caddies' life quite hard.
也许吧,可是我还别食坏念球车!我担心酷暑会使球童的日子变得很难过。
One member's caddy fainted last week!
上星期就有一位球员的球童昏倒了!
How awful, poor guy.
太惨了,真可怜。
Right. Luckily it was on the eighteen hole, quite near the clubhouse, so he didn't have far to carry him.
的确。所幸那是在18洞,距离会馆很近,所以他不用背很远。
Oh, my God, you're kidding me!
噢,天啊,你是在开玩笑吧!
He carried him back?
他背球童回去?
Yup.
是啊。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dmrsjky/342189.html |