精灵鼠小弟 第47期:心碎的斯图亚特(在线收听

   "She has not!" sobbed Stuart, bitterly.

  “她没有丈夫!”斯图亚特痛苦地小声哭着。
  That's just a lot of nonsense.
  你在胡说。
  "How do you know?" asked George.
  “你怎么知道的?”乔治问。
  "Because I asked her one time," cried Stuart.
  “因为我问过她一次,”斯图亚特哭着说。
  She told me she was a single bird
  她告诉我她是一只独身的鸟儿。
  Everybody questioned Snowbell closely, but the cat insisted he knew nothing about Margalo's disappearance.
  每个人都在追问雪球,可是他却坚持说对玛戈的失踪一无所知。
  I don't see why you have to make a pariah out of me just because that disagreeable little chippy flew the coop," said Snowbell, irritably.
  “明明是那个讨厌的浪荡女人自己从笼子里飞走的嘛,你们干吗拼命地拷问我?我真搞不懂。”雪球生气地说。
  Stuart was heartbroken.
  斯图亚特心碎了。
  He had no appetite, refused food, and lost weight.
  他没有了胃口,拒绝吃任何食物,体重开始下降。
  Finally he decided that he would run away from home without telling anybody, and go out into the world and look for Margalo.
  最后他决定悄悄地离开家,到外面去寻找玛戈。
  "While I am about it, I might as well seek my fortune, too," he thought.
  “我这么做,也是想找找我的运气。”他想。
  Before daybreak next morning he got out his biggest handkerchief and in it he placed his toothbrush, his money, his soap, his comb and brush, a clean suit of underwear, and his pocket compass.
  第二天破晓前,他摊开他最大的一条手绢,将他的牙刷,钱,肥皂,梳子,钢笔,一套干净的内衣,还有袖珍指南针都放在上面。
  "I ought to take along something to remember my mother by," he thought.
  “我该带上一些能想念起我妈妈的东西,”他想。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/349734.html