绿箭侠第一季 第127期:沃尔特失踪之后(2)(在线收听

 I've seen the movie before.

这部电影我看过了
Cut me some slack.
别这样
I've been gone for a while
我不在那么长时间
and apparently I missed the cinematic genius that is Zac Galifinak...is?
很明显我错过了这部天才之作,主演是扎克·加利费安纳...基斯
I mean, with mom, when you and dad disappeared,
说到妈妈,你和爸爸失踪之后
she spent more and more time at home.
她留在家里的时间越来越多
Eventually stopped going out altogether.
最后干脆不再出门
What snapped her out of it that time?
那时是什么让她振作起来的
Walter.
沃尔特
绿箭侠第一季
One morning, he showed up and, you know, when he gets all British and Stern-like.
有天早晨,他突然出现,你懂的,他身上洋溢着英伦绅士的气质
"Moira, get dressed. We're going out for lunch."
"莫伊拉,换好衣服,我们出去吃饭"
And, I mean, it worked.
这招很有用
You know, I've been thinking.
我一直在想
Maybe Walter wasn't abducted.
或许沃尔特没被劫持
Maybe he's having some mid-life crisis and he's with some stewardess in Bora Bora,
或许他遇到了某种中年危机,或许他正和某个空姐在博拉博拉岛缠绵
and he's too ashamed to call home and say that he's okay.
他不好意思打电话回家告诉我们他没事
Just because we haven't heard from him doesn't mean he's...
只是我们没有他的消息不代表他已经...
He's gone, right?
已经死了,对吧
Right.
So what strikes me is that this vigilante was actually making a difference.
我注意到,这个治安维持者起了很大的作用
In the four months that he was active, assaults were down, muggings down.
在他展开行动的四个月里,故意伤人和抢劫的犯罪率均有下降
The murder rate dropped by 16%.
谋杀的犯罪率下降了16个百分点
So in a very quantifiable way,
这些量化的结果显示
this man in the hood had been a positive force in this city.
这名戴着兜帽的男子已经成为了保卫城市的中坚力量
So where has he been for the past six weeks?
那么这六周他去了哪里呢
Looks like everyone's disappearing.
好像全世界都在玩失踪一样
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lvjianxia/ljx1/378018.html