攻克英语六级阅读3(在线收听) |
1.People will come to expect that injured or diseased organs are meant to be repaired from within,in much the same way that we fix an appliance or automobile: by replacing the damaged part with a manufacturer-certified new part. 人们将开始期望受伤或患病的器官可以从内部修复,正如我们修理设备或汽车那样,即使用获得制造商认证的新零件来取代受损的旧零件。
六级词汇讲解: 本句的主干是People will come to expect that...。
第一个that引导的是expect的宾语从句that injured or diseased...new part,其中in much the same way引导的短语作该宾语从句的方式状语;
第二个that引导的是way的定语从句;冒号后的内容则是对该定语从句进行解释。
be meant to意为“应该是,注定要”。如:
She was meant to be working yesterday, but she just fooled around all day.
昨天她本应工作的,但却闲混了一整天。
in much the same way意为“大致一样,使用相似的方式”。如:
We spend Valentine’s Day in much the same way that the Americans do.
我们过情人节的方式和美国人大致一样。
replace意为“替换,代替”。如:
Cars have replaced horses as the normal means of transport.
汽车已经取代马,成为一种常见的交通方式。
英语六级考点归纳: replace、substitute和displace这几个动词均含“替代,取代”之意。
replace:最常用,指任何形式的替代,尤指以新的替代旧的、老的和坏的等,指人、指物均可。如:
I will replace that broken lock.
我要把那个坏了的锁换掉。
I must replace my secretary who is too lazy.
我必须换掉我的秘书,她太懒了。
substitute:主要强调某人或某物可以用来代替别的人或物的作用。如:
I substituted your name for mine on the list.
我把名单上我的名字换成了你的。
We substituted rice for potatoes.
我们用米代替马铃薯。
displace:侧重指用另外的人或物强行取代,指人时往往暗含带有不满情绪的意味。如:
He couldn’t accept the fact that he was displaced by another young man.
他无法接受自己已被另一个年轻人顶替的事实。
2.But as arguments about immigration heat up the campaign trail, we also ought to ask some broader questions about assimilation, about how to ensure that people, once outsiders, don’t forever remain marginalized within these shores.
但是随着关于移民的争论使得总统大选白热化,我们也应该提出一些关于融合,关于如何确保曾经的外来人口在国内不会永远处于被边缘化的状况等更广泛的问题。
六级词汇讲解:
本句的主干是...we...ought to ask ..questions about...。
as引导时间状语从句。about引导的两个介词短语作定语,修饰questions;
that引导的是ensure的宾语从句。
heat up在句中意为“使变激烈、变热”。如:
The railway station will soon heat up once the crowd arrive.
随着人群的到来火车站很快就会沸腾起来。
assimilation意为“同化,融合”。如:
The assimilation of races in USA is common.
在美国,种族的同化很普遍。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/cet4read/378747.html |