奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁确保美国引领世界开拓新边疆(03)(在线收听

And it's why, over the last eight years, we've modernized the government's approach to innovation for the 21st Century.

也因此,在过去的8年里,我们让政府在21世纪的创新方式上现代化。

We've jumpstarted a clean energy revolution and unleashed the potential of precision medicine.

我们快速启动了清洁能源革命,释放了精密医学的潜力。

We've partnered with the private sector and academia, and launched moonshots for cancer, brain research, and solar energy.

我们和私营部门以及学术界合作,开启了癌症,脑研究以及太阳能的登月计划。

We've harnessed big data to foster social innovation and invested in STEM education and computer science so that every young person

我们利用大数据培养社会创新,投资于STEM型教育以及计算机科学,因此每一个年轻人

no matter where they come from or what they look like - can reach their potential and help us win the future.

不管他们来自哪里,或者他们长什么样--都能实现他们的潜能,并让我们赢得未来。

That's what this is about - making sure that America is the nation that leads the world into the next frontier.

这就是一切的意义所在--确保美国是这样的国家,引领世界开拓新边疆。

And that's why I've been so committed to science and innovation - because I'll always believe that with the right investments,

也因此,我一直致力于科学和创新--因为我一直相信,进行正确的投资,

and the brilliance and ingenuity of the American people, there's nothing we cannot do.

依靠美国人的才华和独创性,没有什么是我们做不到的。

Thanks everybody, and have a great weekend.

谢谢大家。周末快乐。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/obamadsjh/384572.html