诉讼双雄第一季 第3集:迈克初涉职场(在线收听) |
The 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport, 2011款特斯拉敞篷运动跑车
offered only to our most exclusive members.
只为我们最为尊贵的会员提供
You know your vehicles.
你果真懂车
I promise to have her back before she turns into a Pontiac.
我保证在她沦落成庞蒂亚克前还回来
Hey, Harvey. Laurence.
嗨,哈维,劳伦斯
How would you feel about taking something other than the Tesla tonight?
除了特斯拉,你今晚挑辆别的车如何
It goes against my policy. What policy?
这有违我的原则,什么原则
My "I want the Tesla" policy.
"我要这辆特斯拉"原则
Yeah. Tell you what.
好吧,这样吧
You know more about the car than I do,
如果你比我更了解这辆车
it's yours.
就归你
Horsepower.
马力
Really? That's where we're starting?
不是吧,第一问就是这个吗
Well, if it's so simple, just answer it.
觉得简单的话,就请回答
288.
288匹
Top speed. 125 miles an hour.
最高时速,每小时125英里(约200公里)
0 to 60—3.7 seconds.
从0加速到60迈... 3.7秒
Yeah. You know your cars.
看来你确实了解你的车
I'm an enthusiast.
我是个狂热的车迷
And I've been waiting for the Tesla for months.
而且我等特斯拉上市好几个月了
Okay.
好吧
Laurence.
劳伦斯
Knock yourself out.
自便吧
So why'd you let him have it?
你为什么要让给他
Because it never hurts to have a man
因为让一个运作20亿对冲基金的人
who runs a $2 billion hedge fund owe you one.
欠我个人情总是有益无害的
But if you're just gonna give it to him,
但如果你都决定给他了
why bother to compete first?
何必还跟他比呢
Because if I didn't beat him,
因为若不是我赢了他
he wouldn't feel he owed me one.
他不会觉得欠我个人情
I'm suddenly feeling old school.
我突然想要俩复古的车了
Why don't you surprise me, huh?
你何不给我个惊喜
Are you Mike Ross?
你是迈克·罗斯吗
Harvey told me to tell you that 8:00 means 8:00.
哈维让我告诉你,八点整就是八点整(在贾维茨中心跟我会合)
Glad you showed up.
很高兴你还是来了
Oh, hey. I'm sorry. I was just—
不好意思,我刚刚...
Shut up. OK.
闭嘴,好的
You see these cars?
你看到这些车了吗
Yeah. They're awesome.
看到了,太拉风了
They suck.
烂透了
They're nothing compared to this.
跟这辆根本没法比
The engine in this car is made by McKernon Motors,
这车的引擎是麦肯诺汽车公司制造的
the industry standard in Formula One.
是F1的行业标准
In fact, they've won more championships
事实上,靠这引擎拿的冠军
than any other engine on the planet.
比其它任何引擎都多
How do you know all this?
你是怎么知道这些的
Avery McKernon was the first client
艾弗里·麦肯诺曾经是
I ever brought into the firm.
我带进律所的第一位客户
Was? He died three months ago.
曾经,他三个月前去世了
Oh, God. I'm so sorry—
天呐,我很抱歉...
Not the point.
这不是重点
McKernon's engines and his company
麦肯诺的引擎和他的公司
have something in common—
有一个共同之处
They win, like me.
他们总是赢家,就像我
And because I win, I've been promoted to senior partner,
正因如此,我晋升为资深合伙人了
which means you'll be handling all their paperwork.
这意味着你将处理他们所有的文件
Oh, so you brought me here
所以你带我来
to give me an appreciation for the product.
就是让我欣赏下产品
No, I brought you here to meet Robert Stensland,
不,我是带你来见罗伯特·斯坦斯兰
the new CEO.
新任CEO
He'll want to put your name with a face.
他希望把你的名字和长相对上号
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Because Robert's a tightwad,
因为罗伯特是个吝啬鬼
and we don't bill you out for nothing.
不是雇你来吃白饭的
Wait a minute. Is this conversation right now billable?
等下,我们现在聊天也计费吗
You bet your ass it is.
当然得计费
Yes. Up top. Come on.
耶,击掌庆祝下,快点
What? We're making all this money. We can't celebrate it?
怎么,赚那么多钱,不该庆祝下吗
Not in poor taste.
庆祝也得有品位
Dominic. Mike, I'd like you to meet Dominic Barone,
多米尼克,迈克,这位是多米尼克·巴伦
the man responsible for the design and production of this engine.
他负责这个引擎的设计和制造
This is my new associate, Mike Ross.
这是我的新助理,迈克·罗斯
He's just a kid.
他还是个孩子呢
Are you trying to steal his soul before he hits puberty?
你想在他青春期前就糟蹋他吗
Okay, obviously...
好吧,显然...
You're still upset about our labor negotiations.
你还在为我们的劳资谈判郁闷啊
My-My workers took a big hit.
我的员工遭到严重打击
And McKernon took a bigger one.
麦肯诺还丢了性命呢
Both of which poised the company to be strong for years.
这些年来,他们撑起了这个强大的公司
I was always straight with you about that.
这点我从不怀疑
Sophisticated words for a guy who screwed us.
一个搞垮我们的人,还说得出这种话
Look, I'm sorry you feel that way,
很抱歉你会那么想
but you have to admit,
但你不得不承认
I did have the courtesy to do it from the front.
我那事做得光明磊落
Wow. Yeah, he really appreciates
哇,真的,他很感激
what you've done for the company.
你为公司所做的一切
Robert Stensland,
罗伯特·斯坦斯兰
I'd like you to meet your new associate, Mike Ross.
给你介绍下你新的助理律师,迈克·罗斯
We're not paying him what we pay you.
我们付他的报酬可没付你的那么高
Nor should you, but I assure you he's highly effective.
那是自然,但我保证他很有效率
Well, I'll believe it when I see it.
是吗,口说无凭啊
I had him read your corporate lease last week.
我上周让他读了你们的公司租赁合同
Ask him anything.
尽管问
That's a 300-page document.
那可是300页的文件
Okay, what are the terms?
好,说一下合同条款的内容
Okay, I have no idea what you're talking about.
听着,我完全摸不着头脑
The named lessee was the parent company, Glendon Enterprises.
承租人是母公司,格兰登企业集团
35,000 square feet
企业位于西19区57号
at 19 west 57th.
3万5千平方英尺(991平方米)
$80 a foot.
每英尺80美元
Expires in six months with an option to extend.
六个月后到期,可以续租
Exercisable in 30 days.
操作期限为30天
Who signed the lease? You did.
谁签的合同,你签的
What's my middle name? The letter "L."
我的中名是什么,字母L
What happens in the event the company no longer exists?
如果公司不存在了怎么办
That wasn't in the lease.
合同里没有这条
How can you be sure?
你如何能确定
Because the lease I read wasn't 300 pages.
因为我看到的合同不是300页
It was 364.
而是364页
And I can tell you what's on any one of those pages,
每一页的内容我都了如指掌
but I can't tell you that.
而那点我却不知道
That's how I can be sure.
所以我能确定合同中没提到
Excellent.
很好
You can get him started on the new deal right away.
你可以让他马上着手处理新合同了
New deal? Yeah.
新合同,没错
I have found a buyer willing to spend $200 million
我找到一个买家,愿意出两亿美金
for the ground underneath the flagship factory.
买下旗舰工厂所在的地方
Where are you moving manufacturing?
那你们准备转移到哪里生产
Well, that's the beauty of it.
这可就是重点了
The real asset of McKernon Motors is the name.
麦肯诺真正的价值在于其品牌
We move overseas, we save ourselves a bundle.
我们将把工厂移到海外,省下一大笔钱
Up front payout while retaining the name
保留品牌的同时进行预先付款
and maintaining cash flow over time.
长期维持现金的流动
That's genius. Exactly.
这点子太有才了,正是
All right, we'll take care of everything.
好的,我们会处理好一切的
Okay.
很好
Thanks.
谢了
Really?
不是吧
Jesus. I knew he was cheap.
天呐,我知道他很抠门
I didn't realize he was an idiot.
但没想到他还是个白痴
What are you talking about?
你这话什么意思
The asset's not the name. It's the quality.
这车的价值不在于品牌,而是质量
He moves overseas,
他把工厂移到海外
it's gonna kill the goose that laid the goddamn golden engine.
根本就是杀鸡取卵
Wait a minute.
等下
I thought you didn't get emotionally attached to the client.
我记得你从不会对客户投入感情的
I'm emotionally attached to me.
我这是对自己投入感情
Look, I made a bet that this company would grow
我以前打赌这家公司会壮大
and my billables would grow with it.
我的价位也会水涨船高
We're holding a pair of aces,
我们现在拿着一手好牌
and this asshole's trying to fold.
而这蠢蛋居然打算弃牌
So? What are you gonna do?
所以呢,你打算怎么办
I'm not gonna do anything.
我什么都不干
You're gonna go through those bylaws,
而你要去通读公司章程
and you're gonna find me a way to get rid of Robert Stensland.
给我找出摆脱罗伯特·斯坦斯兰的方法
No, no, no, no. I have to go see my grandmother.
不不不,我得去探望我奶奶
Is she dying?
她要不行了吗
No. Cancel on her.
没有,那取消行程
Yeah.
是我
Did you find anything that'll help me get rid of Stensland?
找到摆脱斯坦斯兰的方法了吗
Uh, yeah, I think so.
我找到了
Well, if you're not here when I need it,
你找到了不告诉我
what good does that do me?
又有什么用
What? It's 7:15...
什么,不是才7点15...
Did you get it?
拿来了吗
Picked it up yesterday.
昨天取的
Did you sleep with it under your pillow?
你把它放枕头底下枕着睡觉了吗
How I sleep is none of your concern.
我怎么睡觉跟你无关
Yeah, neither is the Yankees' batting order,
洋基队击球员的上场顺序也跟我无关
but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it.
但并不代表我不能惦记
Harvey. Promise me you won't be cocky.
哈维,答应我别太得瑟
I understand what's at stake here.
我明白成败在此一举
I'll be perfectly humble.
我一定会相当谦虚
Great. You ready?
很好,你准备好了吗
You kidding? I was born for this.
别说笑了,我势在必得
7:45. Nice of you to show up. 7点45
不容易啊,你居然赶来了
Uh, yeah, I was up till 5:00 in the morning.
我早上五点才睡的
I'm kidding. But Louis Litt wants to see you,
我开玩笑的,路易·利特要见你
and I don't kid about that.
这句可不是玩笑
What does he want? I don't know.
他又想要干什么,我不知道
Louis doesn't let me in on his game plan,
路易的棋盘上可没有我这个子儿
but I kind of prefer it that way.
但这样正合我意
Okay, um, can you tell him that I have to see Harvey first?
你能告诉他我要先去见哈维吗
Your call.
随你
But, uh, if you're gonna be sleeping in your suits,
还有,要是你常穿西装睡觉的话
you may want to keep a fresh one in the office.
你最好在办公室里放一件备用的
Is it that bad?
看起来有那么糟糕吗
It's worse.
何止糟糕
Come on.
快醒醒
I'd just like to say this is an honor,
我只想说,这对我来说十分荣幸
I take it seriously,
我对此很看重
and I intend to make you all proud.
我会力争让你们感到骄傲
Except you, Fred.
除了你,弗雷德
I gave up on making you proud in '99.
99年起我就没妄想着能让你骄傲
Okay. There is one more order of business.
好了,还有最后一项程序
He's not here.
他不在里面
No.
没门
Where is he?
他去哪儿了
He's at his senior partner initiation.
他正在参加资深合伙人的入伙会议
But let me ask you something.
我问个问题
What's the difference between a senior partner
资深合伙人和其他普通合伙人
and...other partners?
到底有什么区别
Isn't that something you should have been studying
你假扮哈佛毕业生的时候
when you were pretending to go to Harvard?
不就应该弄明白这些了吗
Okay. Senior partners, they buy into the firm.
是这样,资深合伙人通过入股加入律所
They share in the profits,
他们有利润分成
but they also have to put up equity.
但同时需要入股
So how much does it cost to buy in?
那入股要花多少钱
$1/2 million... Right now?
五十万,现在就要吗
Harvey, you knew what the buy-in was.
哈维,你应该清楚入股是什么意思
You knew today was initiation.
你也知道今天是你入伙的日子
How could you not have the money?
你怎么能不把钱准备好
I didn't think it was due today.
我不知道今天就要交钱
It's not due today, is it?
不是今天截止,对吧
No. It's not.
对,不是
Every man in this room fell for exactly the same thing.
这屋子里的每个人都中过这圈套
Does that include you?
包括你在内吗
No. No, it doesn't.
当然不包括
Thank you, gentlemen.
散会吧,先生们
Peanuts, gluten, strawberries.
花生,谷蛋白,草莓
What is this? A shopping list?
这是什么,购物单吗
No, it's just a list of foods that I'm allergic to,
不是,这是所有我过敏的东西
so when you select the venue,
当你挑选餐馆的时候
these foods are not to be on the menu.
注意菜单上不要有这些食物
A venue for what?
选餐馆干什么
No one told you?
没人告诉你吗
No one told me. Oh, drats.
没人说过,糟糕
Well, a long-standing Pearson Hardman tradition
这可是皮尔逊·哈德曼律所的悠久传统
is the rookie dinner,
名叫菜鸟晚宴
which means you, the...
也就是指你这个...
Rookie. That's right.
菜鸟,没错
Are to host a dinner for your fellow associates.
你得请其他同事吃顿晚饭
Well, come on. Don't look so blue.
没事,别垂头丧气
Oh, it's okay. It's really easy.
这事其实真的挺简单
All you have to do is just find a unique location
不过就是挑个别具一格的地方
and then coordinate with 50 other associates.
然后协调一下其他五十个人的时间
It's really simple. No pressure.
小菜一碟,毫无压力
And you're allergic to chicken?
你对鸡肉也过敏吗
No, I just don't like it.
不,我只是不喜欢吃
Oh, by the way, what was so important
对了,到底是多大的事
that you had to see Harvey before you came to see me?
你必须在见我之前先见哈维
Louis, Harvey doesn't really—
路易,哈维其实...
Can we-Can we-Can we-Can we just-Shut up.
我们能否,能不能就... 闭嘴
Okay.
好吧
Let me just get something straight, okay?
我这样跟你说吧
When I ask you a question,
当我问你问题时
I just expect an answer.
我只要听一个答案
McKernon Motors.
麦肯诺汽车公司
I was working on the due diligence.
我在做对他们进行尽职调查
And why would that require you to look at the bylaws?
那为何要看公司章程呢
State law requires a summary be prepared in the event of a sale.
州法律要求土地买卖要准备章程摘要
Privately held corporations are exempted.
私人公司并不包括在内
Not if the sale exceeds 150 million.
除非买卖金额高于一亿五千万
According to who?
你的依据是
The state's website.
州政府官网
I like to be thorough.
我做事讲求缜密
Well, put it there, buddy.
做得不错,伙计
Are you fricking serious?
你没搞错吧
I understand Stensland is throwing a large amount
我听说由于麦肯诺汽车公司的土地买卖
of legal work our way with the McKernon Motors factory sale.
斯坦斯兰给了我们不少活干啊
How'd you know that?
你怎么知道的
I hear things.
我自有眼线
You taking care of him?
是你在帮他处理吗
I am.
当然
By the way, for when it is due.
对了,截止前替我交了
What's this?
这是什么
It's a cashier's check for $500,000.
50万美金的现金支票
You had this the whole time.
你时刻准备着吗
I've had the money since I set my sights
从我盯上资深合伙人那位置起
on senior partner.
我就准备好了
Nice of you to finally make it.
不容易啊,你终于来了
Why does everybody keep saying that?
为什么每个人都这么说
Because you're supposed to be here
因为要你做事的时候
when you're supposed to be here.
你就该随叫随到
Doesn't seem to apply to you.
看来你并没有以身作则啊
I'm not the topic of this conversation.
这只针对你,和我无关
Now what'd you find me on McKernon Motors?
关于麦肯诺汽车公司,你都找到了些什么
The board can't vote for at least 24 hours after the CEO
在CEO提出土地买卖方案24小时之后
presents a deal involving the sale of company land.
董事会才能进行投票表决
But Stensland already presented it to the board.
斯坦斯兰已经把方案提交给董事会了
Right, but Stensland isn't CEO.
我知道,但是斯坦斯兰还不是CEO
I wrote those bylaws myself. He's CEO.
公司章程是我写的,他就是CEO
Hmm. Page 238, clause 137
238页第137条指出
states if the CEO dies,
如果现任CEO去世
an interim CEO will be appointed
在董事会投票决定前
until the board convenes an election vote,
任何人都只是临时CEO
which can't be called till the next fiscal quarter,
但投票最早也得等到下个财政季度进行
in this case next Thursday.
也就是下周四
So they can't vote him in until Thursday?
那在周四前他当不上CEO咯
Thursday.
没错,周四
Okay.
很好
Well, prepare the due diligence
准备好尽职调查
for me to take to Stensland,
我要交给斯坦斯兰
but I don't want anything ready to sign.
但不要准备签署任何文件
Where are you going? Out.
你要去哪,出去
I have until Thursday to find a new CEO.
周四之前我要找到一位CEO
Huh. What?
是吗,怎么
Oh, nothing. Uh, you know, just six hours,
没什么,只是我花了六个小时
1,500 pages, and I, uh,
看了1500页,然后...
I found your mistake.
找到了你犯的一个错误
Yeah, you found the one mistake I made
你找到的这个错误
while drafting those bylaws a dozen years ago
是我十多年前起草这份章程时犯的
when I was two years younger than you.
我那会儿还比你小两岁
A mistake, by the way,
也正是这个错误
that's gonna help me get rid of Stensland.
能让我摆脱斯坦斯兰
Mistake.
错误就是错误
Excuse me, Mr. Specter?
打扰一下,斯佩克特先生
I was wondering if you might need a hand sometime
我想问问,您手上有没有杂活
with one of your matters.
需要我帮忙的
Uh, any one.
随便什么活
Well, Allen—
亚伦是吧
It's Aaron.
我叫艾伦
I think that says it all, don't you?
我想我已经回答你了吧
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Uh, I'm looking for a restaurant.
我在找餐馆
Where did you go for your rookie dinner?
你是在哪儿办的菜鸟晚宴
I came into the league a sophomore.
我大学二年级就进公司了
You better not be prioritizing that
你最好别为这个
over McKernon Motors.
耽误了麦肯诺汽车公司的案子
I still need something to stall Stensland.
我还需要点事由来稳住斯坦斯兰
It's right here.
全在里面了
What are you so irritated about?
你在烦什么呢
I spent a day with a top headhunter I know
我和一个顶级猎头想了一整天
who couldn't produce one legitimate CEO candidate by Thursday.
也没找到个周四就能上任的CEO
What about that Dominic Barone guy
多米尼克·巴伦怎么样
who runs production?
负责生产的那人
You said he was responsible for the engines,
你说过引擎就是他的杰作
and he clearly cares about the workers.
而且他看起来很为员工着想
No, he's not the guy.
不,他不行
Oh, you're scared you can't convince him
你是怕你说服不了他
because he hates you. I get it.
因为他讨厌你,我懂了
Nice try.
激将对我没用
You know you can't host your dinner there.
你定那家餐馆可不行
That's a Wachtell, Lipton, Klein restaurant.
档次太高
Okay. Fine.
好吧
What about this place?
那这家怎么样
Yeah, that'd be great if it was 2004.
2004年的时候还不错
Oh, my God.
老天
Why does any of this matter? God.
吃个饭有那么要紧吗
You see that guy over there by the fax?
你看到传真机旁的那家伙吗
Take a good look.
睁大眼睛看
He's never gonna make partner.
他永远都成不了这里的合伙人
Okay. Let me guess.
好吧,让我猜一下
Because he threw a lousy rookie dinner?
因为他菜鸟晚宴办得太糟吗
No, because he doesn't get it.
不,因为他根本不懂
Get what?
不懂什么
He doesn't get that doing good work
他不懂把手头的任务做好
isn't the whole job.
并非工作的全部
Part of getting it
聪明人明白
is that things like the dinner actually matter,
其实这种晚宴至关重要
even when you don't think they do.
即使你觉得这毫无意义
Look, you were giving me shit this morning
听着,你今天早上对我很不爽
because I come and go when I want to.
认为我想来就来,想走就走
You know why I can do that?
知道为什么我能这样吗
Because when I got here, I dominated.
因为我刚来的时候,我抢着做事
They thought I worked 100 hours a day.
他们感觉我一天工作100个小时
Now, no matter what time I get in,
所以现在,无论我什么时候踏进公司
nobody questions my ability to get the job done.
没有人会质疑我的能力
Get it through your head.
你好好想想吧
First impressions last.
第一印象决定一切
You start behind the eight ball,
一开始就落在后面
you'll never get in front.
以后永远别想翻身了
Hey, you busy? It's 7:00.
你忙吗,现在是7点
I'm not here 'cause I like the view.
我这么早坐在这里难道是看风景吗
And don't misunderstand me.
别误解我的话
When I say "the view," I'm referring to your face.
我所说的"风景" ,其实是指你的脸
That's funny, because I'm hideous.
这话真幽默,要知道我很丑
What's up? You're a foodie, right?
什么事,你是个美食家吧
Why do you say that?
为什么这么说
Because you're the only person
因为在我认识的人中
I've ever seen order a shrimp, red pepper,
只有你会点对虾和山羊奶酪披萨
and goat cheese pizza.
外加红椒
Well, right, but without the pepper,
没错,但是不放红椒的话
what connects the goat cheese and the shrimp?
山羊奶酪配虾又怎能对味呢
I'm a foodie.
我的确是美食家
Okay, so I need your help finding a restaurant
所以我想让你帮我找一家餐厅
for the rookie dinner.
办菜鸟晚宴
Well, that's unfortunate,
那就抱歉了
but I'm swamped,
我忙得要死
and I don't have time to teach you about cuisine.
哪有时间教你美食攻略
Well, no, don't make me remind you
你难道忘了
that you owe me one.
你欠我个人情吗
How's that?
什么时候的事
You told Louis I was working on Harvey's case before his.
你告诉了路易,我得先帮哈维做事
Because you told me to.
因为你让我说的啊
Well, now I'm telling you to help me with my dinner.
我现在让你帮我搞定晚宴
Good luck with that.
祝你好运
Not gonna help me with my dinner.
看来她是不会帮我了
Now I'm talking to myself.
她走了,我在自言自语
Yeah, grammy.
好的,奶奶
No, I told you I was coming.
不,我说了我会来的
I'm-I'm on my way, okay? Yeah.
我在...我在路上了,好吗
15 minutes.
15分钟后到
Okay. Bye. Hey, what are you—
好的,再见,你来干...
Okay, what was that for?
好吧,我做错什么了
If you cared about me,
如果你在乎我的话
you would have told me what Trevor was up to
你早就该告诉我特雷弗这么长时间
a long time ago.
都在干那勾当
I was trying to protect you.
我是想要保护你
How is hiding the fact
我男友在贩毒
that my boyfriend is selling weed protecting me?
我却被蒙在鼓里,这叫保护我吗
You want to know the truth?
你想知道真相吗
Your boyfriend also happens to be my best friend, all right?
你男友也是我最好的朋友
I didn't feel like ratting him out.
我不想出卖他
If you were really his friend,
如果你真是他朋友
you wouldn't just stand by and let him throw his life away.
你不会眼睁睁地让他糟蹋自己的生活
Let him? Let—
是我让他...
I've never let Trevor do anything.
我从来左右不了特雷弗的想法
Have you met him?
你刚认识他吗
Trevor listens to you,
特雷弗会听你的话
and he needs you right now.
他现在正需要你
He is throwing his life away,
他在糟蹋自己的生活
and you ditched us.
而你却抛弃了他
Both.
和我
Like we didn't mean anything to you.
好像我们对你来说只是路人甲
I'm...I'm late.
我...我要迟到了
Louis. What are you doing here?
路易,你来这干嘛
Hi. Uh, Stensland called.
斯坦斯兰打电话让我来的
And apparently the diligence wasn't proceeding apace.
很显然,尽职调查的进展不够迅速
He called you?
他打电话让你来的吗
Yeah, he called me, I called him, what's the difference?
是啊,他打给我,我打给他,有什么区别
The paperwork was taking too long,
文件起草的时间拖得太长
and I got it done.
我搞定了
I suggest you stay the hell away from my client.
我建议你离我客户越远越好
Harvey. Glad you could make it.
哈维,很高兴你来了
We were about to sign the papers.
我们正好要签文件
I got word back at the office.
我在办公室听说了
I just came to see how Louis
特地过来看看路易
was getting around the bylaws.
怎么解决公司章程的问题
I...don't know.
我...不知道
I'm at somewhat of a loss.
我也糊涂了
Robert, I'm sorry.
罗伯特,我很抱歉
This is what was holding up your due diligence.
这就是尽职调查拖延的原因
Technically, you're still interim CEO until the board
严格来说,在周四董事会投票正式任命你之前
votes you in on Thursday.
你还只是临时CEO
If protocol isn't followed,
如果你违反章程的话
it leaves you with huge litigation exposure.
会给别人对你提起诉讼留下把柄
That's right.
没错
Well, I imagine we should hold off, then.
那我们还是再等一等吧
Please don't blame Louis. It's my fault.
别怪路易,这都是我的错
We usually have senior partners oversee transactions like this
通常资深合伙人都会监督这类问题
because junior partners, they tend to miss things.
要知道初级合伙人容易忽视细节
See you Thursday?
那周四见了
One second.
稍等片刻
Uh, just so you know,
你该没忘吧
you were a junior partner until recently.
你不久前也只是个初级合伙人
There's a reason I'm not anymore.
而我晋升是有原因的
Okay. Take it easy.
好的,慢走
So what if you took a trip to Russia with another man?
如果你和别的男人去俄罗斯会怎样
I mean, that was before you met grandpa Jimmy, right?
我记得那是在认识吉米爷爷之前吧
He didn't care it was before I met him.
他才不管那是不是认识他之前的事
Never shut up about it.
总唠叨个没完
So what was this other guy's name?
那个男人叫什么名字
Gregory. Mind your own business.
格雷戈里,别管闲事了
So, Michael, this has been fun.
好了,迈克,我们玩得很高兴
Now why don't you stop beating around the bush
现在你可以别再拐弯抹角了
and tell me what's going on.
告诉我发生什么事了
Trevor.
特雷弗
It's Trevor. It's always Trevor.
是因为特雷弗,总是因为他
He's gotten himself into some really bad...
他最近陷入了非常糟糕的...
Stuff, and I think he needs my help to get out of it,
境况,他需要我帮他渡过难关
but I've been under so much pressure,
但是我最近压力很大
and I know you've always told me to be there for people...
你也经常告诉我要为朋友两肋插刀
No, no, listen to me.
不,不,听我说
Screw Trevor. What?
去他的特雷弗,什么
You're moving forward,
你已经向前看了
and he'll do whatever he can to keep you where you are.
而他会想尽办法,把你拖回原地
Yeah, but...
没错,但是...
But no buts.
没有"但是"
That kid is an anchor.
那孩子只会托你后腿
You need to cut him loose.
你得和他撇清关系
You owe me 50 bucks.
你欠我50元了
What's going on with Robert Stensland?
罗伯特·斯坦斯兰那边什么情况
What did Louis tell you?
路易和你说了什么
You're not dealing with Louis. You're dealing with me.
你现在面对的不是路易,而是我
What are you hiding?
你隐瞒了什么
Nothing. I looked through the bylaws
没有啊,我只是看了遍公司章程
and precluded potential litigation.
排除了潜在的法律争端
You looked at the bylaws for a tactical reason,
你看公司章程肯定有自己的目的
and I want to know what it is.
我要知道是什么目的
I want him out.
我想让他滚蛋
That is not your call. You are an attorney.
这由不得你,你只是个律师
This is the internal business of McKernon Motors.
而这是麦肯诺汽车公司的内部事务
Look, McKernon had a plan,
听着,我花了十年时间
and I didn't spend a decade shaping it
来描绘麦肯诺的宏图
to let this fool throw it away.
绝不会让这白痴给毁了
McKernon is dead.
麦肯诺已经名存实亡了
So what? Doesn't mean the plan's no good.
那又怎样,并不代表计划不好啊
You fail, we'll get fired.
如果你失败了,我们就会被炒
He moves overseas,
他要是搬到海外
our billables'll be gone in five years, anyway.
五年后我们就没钱赚了
Better five years than nothing.
那也比现在就被炒要强啊
You know what? That's Stensland's attitude,
知道吗,依照斯坦斯兰的现在态度
and it's a losing one.
他注定会失败
Harvey, I don't think you have any business
哈维,我觉得你没义务
telling that man how to run his company,
告诉他该如何管理公司
but I know you don't have any business
而且你也无权
telling me how to run mine.
干涉我对公司的管理
You are a senior partner.
你是一位资深合伙人
You are not a gunslinger anymore.
而不再是一个枪手了
Back off Stensland and close the deal.
别管斯坦斯兰的事了,达成协议
I need you to prepare the draft CEO candidate speech for Thursday.
我要你起草周四CEO候选人的演讲稿
Well, I thought you were supposed to back off.
我觉得这件事你应该撒手了
Yeah, I'm supposed to do a lot of things.
我应该做的事情多了
I'll call you with the plan on my way back.
等我回来的路上再打电话告诉你计划
From where?
你要去哪
From convincing the man who hates me to do what I say.
去说服那个讨厌我的人按我的计划行事
Oh, right.
这样啊
You mean the guy I suggested you go to in the first place.
就是我一开始让你去找的那个人吧
Do you remember that
你还记得
whole getting it thing I was talking to you about?
我跟你提过的潜规则吗
What, I can't even gloat?
什么,幸灾乐祸都不行吗
Gloating's fine. You just have to not suck at it.
可以,不过你幸灾乐祸的水平太差了
Okay. Thank you. So much.
好吧,谢了,非常感谢
That hurt.
下手好重
Hey, Ross.
罗斯,你来啦
You left your search for the rookie dinner on your computer.
你电脑上关于菜鸟聚餐的搜索页面还没关呢
Why don't you just save time
不如省点时间
and take us to Friday's?
带我们去星期五餐厅吧
Ooh, ooh, somebody's mad.
瞧瞧,某人生气了
Devon, looking at my computer is a violation of
德文,偷看我的电脑上的内容
exactly seven hostile workplace environment statutes.
违反了七条破坏职场氛围的法则
What are you gonna do? Sue me?
你想干什么,起诉我吗
No. No, no, no.
不,不会的
I'm just gonna use it as legal cover
如果我要教训你
if I decide to kick your ass.
我可以把这当作法律保护
Dominic.
多米尼克
Harvey, what are you doing here?
哈维,你怎么来了
Our contract's good for two more years.
我们的合同还有两年才到期呢
I need a word. In private.
我想跟你单独谈几句
Excuse me, Bill.
失陪了,比尔
Make it fast, 'cause this is a place
有话快说,这里的员工
where people actually work for a living.
都是为了维持生计在工作
Well, keep in mind people are watching.
别忘了有人看着呢
Just try to keep your expression neutral.
所以你的言辞最好中立一点
You know, they don't teach deceptive tactics where I come from.
我以前可没学过口是心非
Then you're gonna learn under fire.
到了生死关头,你就学会了
Stensland's shutting you down.
斯坦斯兰要把这里关掉
What? Why?
什么,为什么
For money.
为了钱
He's got a buyer for the land under the factory.
有人想买工厂这块地
Why are you coming to me?
那你为什么来找我
Because the only way to stop him
因为只有你来做CEO
is for you to challenge him as CEO.
才能阻止他卖地
What? Are you crazy?
什么,你疯了吗
You've got a management title.
你是管理层的
That I choose not to identify with.
我可不想加入管理层
You run the factory.
你是工厂的负责人
Which I never left, 'cause I have no taste for boardroom politics.
仅此而已,我对高层的政治事务不感兴趣
You've been here since day one.
你是这里的元老
You know the product inside out.
对产品了如指掌
These workers, they respect you.
这群工人对你推崇备至
Pew, that's a lot of smoke.
好大的烟
How many people did you go to before me?
我是你找的第几个备胎
Seven. Right.
第七个,我就知道
I never said you were my prom queen.
我从没说过你是我的第一选择
Look, I want to win, okay?
我想赢,好吗
I went to those other people
我去找那些人
because they were better suited to get past the board,
是因为他们有更强的政治手段
not better suited for the job.
却没有你适合这份工作
Those are the facts whether you like it or not.
不管你是否愿意,这都是事实
And why should I trust you?
我为什么要相信你
Because if you don't, there aren't any jobs left to negotiate over.
因为如果你一意孤行,就没有工作可选了
You and the factory, you're finished.
你和工厂都会完蛋的(发自哈维·斯佩克特,我们快回来了,在会议室等我)
What are you working on?
你在忙什么
Um, nothing. Just some stuff for Harvey. Why?
没什么,就是哈维交代的事情,有事吗
Wrap it up. Louis Litt wants to see you.
快搞定,路易·利特想见你
This time he doesn't want to wait.
这次他可不想等你(不是路易·利特找你,晚上八点在哥伦布大街等我,别迟到)
Furthermore,
另外
I feel that with the proper
我觉得随着适当的
strategic and synergistic alliances moving forward—
战略性合作联盟的建立
I have to actually believe what you're saying.
你得让我相信你说的话
They're just platitudes that don't mean anything.
这都是些毫无意义的陈词滥调
Yes, they do.
有意义啊
Synergistic alliances mean you form relationships
合作联盟的建立可以削减成本
to get the cost down and your product out.
并把产品推销出去
It's never gonna work.
没用的
Well, it better goddamn work. My ass is on the line.
必须有用,不然我就吃不了兜着走了
What about my ass?
那我呢
If it wasn't attached to your thick head,
要不是因为你的木瓜脑袋
maybe we wouldn't be having this problem.
也许就不会出现这种问题了
I'm sorry I'm not as well practiced
抱歉我并不擅长
at corporate double speak as you'd like,
像你一样妙语连珠
but I've been busting my ass on this for two hours.
但这两小时我已经使出九牛二虎之力了
So if you're not happy with my progress,
如果你对我的进展不满意
then why don't you get the hell out?
为什么不干脆滚出去
He doesn't leave without getting it.
他没学会就不准离开
Son of a bitch.
狗娘养的
You're not gonna pick it up?
你不去捡起来吗
Why should I? Never gonna get it.
为什么要捡,反正都学不会
You're right.
说得太对了
Hey, can I ask you something?
我能问你点事吗
What's your engine design philosophy?
你的引擎设计理念是什么
Perfectly balanced power and durability.
让动力和持久性达到完美的平衡
Okay. Why don't you favor power like Bronson does?
为什么不像布伦森一样偏重于动力呢
Because drivers are limited to eight engines a season,
因为车手一个赛季只能用八个引擎
and Bronson's don't last.
布伦森的不够耐用
Well, so you would stack your engines
所以你会拿你的引擎
up against Bronson's, then?
同布伦森的相比
Uh, I have stacked my engines up against Bronson
我拿我的引擎和布伦森
and everyone else's in the world,
以及世界所有的引擎比过
and mine win. Why?
我的引擎完胜,为什么
Because I make sure
因为我确保
they're designed better than anyone else's in the world
它们从构思到成品
from the day that they're conceived to the day they're born.
都是全世界设计得最好的
And that's why people buy them.
所以人们才会购买
Goddamn right.
太对了
And that's the speech you're gonna give.
那这就是你的演讲内容
Good lawyer, bad lawyer, baby.
律师界的无间道
Worked like a charm.
屡试不爽
Come on. You know you want it.
来吧,你都忍不住了
There it is. Told you.
这就对了,跟你说过
Someone doesn't like you,
有些人不喜欢你
you use it against them.
你就利用这点对付他们
Or, in this case, for them.
或者像这次一样,为他们好
I didn't do this for Dominic.
我不是为多米尼克好
I did it to get rid of Stensland.
我是为了除掉斯坦斯兰
Wow. Have you ever considered writing for Hallmark?
天哪,你想过去做贺曼的编剧吗
Many times. Yeah.
想过很多次,好吧
Congrats.
恭喜
Looking good.
看起来不错
I said don't be late.
我说过别迟到
Late? I'm not late.
迟到,我没迟到啊
When you host your dinner here,
要想在这里请客吃饭
not being late means getting here a half hour early.
别迟到的意思就是提前半个小时到
Aha. So what made you change your mind?
原来如此,你怎么改变主意了
The food items are samples to help you select your menu,
这些食品是供你选择菜品的样品
so since I could never really afford to eat here myself...
所以,既然我一个人吃不起这种地方...
Okay, start there.
好了,从那个开始
Try that? Yes.
尝尝这个吗,是的
It looks kind of funny. So does an egg roll.
看起来有点怪,蛋卷也很怪啊
I don't accept that premise.
我可没法把它当成蛋卷
You want my help or not?
你还想不想让我帮忙
Ugh. What is that?
这是什么啊
Squid.
鱿鱼
I-I think it's still moving.
我觉得它还在动呢
That's what I'm talking about.
这才是食物呢
I don't get it.
真弄不明白
How do you have no appreciation for fine food?
你怎么就不喜欢精致的食物呢
Mm. We didn't have a lot of money growing up. I don't know.
我们小时候家里不宽裕,我也说不清
I guess I'm just comfortable with what I'm comfortable with.
我想我就是喜欢我习惯了的东西吧
That is the exact opposite of me.
这跟我正相反
I've-I've always loved new experiences.
我一直都喜欢新鲜的体验
And your parents?
你家境如何
They're loaded.
非常富裕
Mm. So then what do you need a free meal for?
那干嘛还要我请你
I want to live on what I make.
我想靠我挣的钱生活
What? Nothing.
怎么了,没什么
I was just thinking about Dominic for a second.
刚刚突然想到了多米尼克
And then I realized this is the first time in weeks
然后我意识到这是几周以来
that I haven't been thinking about work.
我第一次没在为工作操心
That's what new experiences do for you.
这就是新体验带来的好处
Being a foodie doesn't mean only liking fancy food.
做个美食家不单纯是喜欢精致的食品
Means having the courage to try it.
而是有尝试的勇气
And then you get to serve what you like.
之后就可以选你喜欢的吃了
Except strawberries, peanuts, gluten, and chicken.
除了草莓,花生,谷蛋白和鸡肉
Okay, why not those things?
为什么不能选那些东西
Because Louis is an asshole.
因为路易犯浑了
If you can't serve things just 'cause Louis is an asshole,
如果你因为路易犯浑就不上这些食物
you're not gonna have that many choices.
你可没多少可选的了
Good point.
那倒是
So what really made you change your mind?
你到底为什么改主意
Pity.
同情你了
I'll take it.
那我领情了
Driver, taketh me to Williamsburg.
司机,送我去威廉斯堡
It's Jenny.
是珍妮
Trevor told me you talked to him,
特雷弗告诉我你跟他谈了
and he's gonna stop.
他打算洗手不干了
Thanks, Mike.
谢谢你了,迈克
Hold on.
等等
Change of destination.
不去威廉斯堡了
Trevor.
特雷弗
What are you doing here?
你来干嘛
Can we talk for a minute?
我们能聊聊吗
Yeah.
行啊
I know you lied to Jenny about us talking.
我知道你跟珍妮撒谎说我们谈过了
You never should have told her i was dealing in the first place.
你根本就不该告诉她我在贩毒
I never should have had to hide it in the first place.
我根本就不该替你隐瞒
Look, Trevor, you don't need to be dealing for a living, man.
听着,特雷弗,你不用靠贩毒为生
You could make something of yourself.
你可以有所作为的
Is that what you came here to tell me?
你过来就为了跟我说这个吗
You've got real software clients, man.
你有真正的软件客户啊
Stick to them.
留住他们
Jeez. You believe that crap?
天啊,你还当真了
I don't have any software clients.
我没有什么软件客户
Jesus. You're as naive as Jenny.
老天,你跟珍妮一样天真
Look...
听我说
if you need some kind of transition money or something—
你要是需要周转资金什么的
What? How?
什么,你哪来的钱
Does it matter?
有关系吗
Look, what matters is that you don't help me out, okay?
有关系,不用你来帮我
I help you out.
是我来帮你
And I'm not interested in transitioning into anything.
而且我也不想周转成别的什么
Okay.
好吧
But the least you could do is be honest with Jenny.
但至少你该跟珍妮说实话
That's what this is all about.
这才是问题的关键吧
Yeah. You always liked her.
没错,你一直喜欢她
I think she deserves to know the truth.
我觉得她应该知道真相
You always thought you were better than me.
你总觉得自己比我强
Maybe that's because I am.
或许我就是比你强
Come on now. All right?
别闹了
We're done.
一刀两断吧
Don't let the door hit you—
别撞门上
Call Dominic?
给多米尼克打电话了吗
He's waiting for us outside.
他在门外等着我们
He's got the speech down?
他准备好演讲了吗
Yeah, he's got it down.
准备好了
Better. I'm taking a big risk on him.
最好如此,我把宝押在他身上了
You're taking a risk on him?
你把宝押在他身上了
Look at him.
你看看他
He's scared out of his mind.
他都吓得魂不附体了
He's leaving his comfort zone
就因为是听了你的劝
because you convinced him to. So?
他要做自己不擅长的事,那又如何
So maybe some words of encouragement.
不如说两句鼓励他的话
The best way to help Dominic
帮多米尼克最好的办法
is not to let him second guess himself.
是不让他对自己有疑虑
The most important asset an attorney has
一个律师最宝贵的资本
is his ability to always be self-assured.
是一直保持自信的能力
Okay. Here's what's gonna happen.
好了,程序是这样的
It's standard for me to prep the board on any voting procedure.
一般会由我来为董事会的投票程序做准备
When do I speak?
我什么时候发言
When I tell you to. Let's go.
我让你讲的时候,我们走吧
I suggested to Stensland you be there
我向斯坦斯兰建议让你过来
to convince the board the production won't be hurt
向董事会保证生产不会受到
by an overseas move.
向海外搬迁的影响
It helps your credibility that he brought you here,
他带你过来,有助于提升你的公信力
and it'll hurt his when you challenge him for CEO.
但你要跟他争CEO一职时,他就不好看了
Look, it's natural to be nervous, okay?
紧张也是人之常情
Just remember, you know your stuff.
只要记住,你懂技术
The board's never loved Stensland,
董事会一直不喜欢斯坦斯兰
and I'm here to back you up.
而且我会给你撑腰
Okay.
好吧
Robert.
罗伯特
Harvey.
哈维
You know, I have to admit, i almost didn't see it coming.
要知道,我得承认我差点没料到你这一招
Excuse me?
你说什么
It was the delay in the due diligence.
尽职调查的延迟一事
It just didn't smell right.
就是觉得不对劲
So the only thing it could be
唯一可能的解释
was that you were going after my CEO appointment.
就是你不想让我当CEO
So since I'm still within my rights to move a board meeting,
而我还有权利重新安排董事会
I did.
我就调时间了
I was voted in today at noon.
我今天中午当选了
And tomorrow the board will ratify the sale of the factory.
明天董事会将批准工厂的出售
And now I'm firing your firm.
现在我要解雇你们公司
And I'm firing you.
还要解雇你
Try the croissant, gentlemen.
尝尝羊角面包吧,先生们
Marmalade's fantastic.
橙子酱好吃极了
What are we gonna do?
我们该怎么做
You're gonna go through those bylaws again,
你要去再翻一遍章程
and see if there isn't another way we can stop this sale.
看看有没有别的办法阻止出售
I'm talking about Dominic. He just lost his job.
我是说拿多米尼克怎么办,他刚刚丢了工作
He's a grown man. He made a decision.
他是个成人了,是他自己做的决定
Because you convinced him to.
还不是你说服他做的
Based on your idea,
主意是你出的
which I recall you pushed on me at the time.
我记得你当时还极力推荐来着
Because I thought it would work at the time.
因为当时我以为能奏效呢
Well, it didn't. What do you want me to do about it?
结果没奏效,那你要我怎么办
Help him.
帮他啊
He's not dying. He lost his job.
他又不是要死了,就是丢了饭碗
He has to look for another one.
他再找一个就得了
Which, if he hadn't chosen to fight for
要是他一开始就选择
his company in the first place,
不为他的公司抗争
would have happened anyway.
也得另谋出路
Now, show me that you get it,
用行动告诉我你开窍了
go back through those bylaws again,
再去翻一遍章程
and see if you missed anything. Okay?
看看你有没有漏掉什么
So this is what happens when you promote the wrong guy
提升错的人做资深合伙人
to senior partner.
就是这种下场
If you hadn't gone to Stensland behind my back,
你要是没有背着我去找斯坦斯兰
this wouldn't have happened. You don't know that.
事情就不会这样,这可难说
And I'm a member of this firm just as much of you.
我在公司和你有着相同的资历
Oh, I think we both agree that you're a member.
我觉得你只是个职员而已
For your information, I didn't even—
跟你说,我都没...
Louis. Harvey, eye on the ball.
路易,哈维,先处理问题
The issue here is you tried to torpedo a client—
现在的问题是你试图背后捅客户一刀
The client is McKernon Motors, not Stensland.
客户是麦肯诺汽车公司,而不是斯坦斯兰
You didn't let me finish.
我还没说完
Without my consent.
而且没经我同意
That trumps the "who's the client" part.
这比"谁是客户"的问题严重
Louis, go to Stensland, repair the relationship.
路易,去找斯坦斯兰,挽回败局
Say what you have to. Call it a misunderstanding.
多说好话,就说这是场误会
Promise Harvey is no longer involved.
保证哈维不会再插手了
Consider it done.
没问题
Wait a second.
等等
Louis didn't go to Stensland behind my back.
路易没有背着我找斯坦斯兰
You send him there to hedge your bets.
你是派他挽回损失的
Either Stensland's out and we double our billings,
要么是斯坦斯兰退出,我们的收入翻倍
or you have plausible deniability,
要么你给出合理的解释
and he stays with the firm.
他才能继续雇用我们事务所
Am I smart enough to do that?
我有那么聪明吗
If I win, I look great.
要是我赢,我有面子
If Louis wins, he looks great.
要是路易赢,他有面子
Either way... You look great.
不管谁赢,你都有面子
You mean the firm looks great.
你是说事务所有面子吧
Harvey, what I've been trying to get into your head
哈维,我要灌输给你的思想是
is that you bought in.
你已经入伙了
You are the firm.
你就代表事务所
That's it.
没错
Mike, follow me.
迈克,跟我来
I need you to go talk to Dominic.
我要你去和多米尼克谈谈
What? Why? Stensland's already CEO.
什么,为什么,斯坦斯兰已经当上CEO了
That won't matter if we just buy the damn company.
如果我们买下那破公司,那就不成问题了
What?
什么
Why are you still working?
为什么你还在工作
It's one of my creations.
这是我的心血之一
I'm not leaving it unfinished.
我不会半途而废的
What the hell do you want?
你想要什么
I'd be happy to tell you if you put that wrench down.
如果你把那个扳手放下,我很乐意说
Yeah, you're quick with the jokes.
你真会开玩笑
I'm the guy who just got fired.
我是个刚刚被开除的人
You're right. I'm sorry.
你说得对,抱歉
What would you say if I told you
如果我们可以让你重拾工作
we could get your job back and stick it to Stensland.
还能狠狠教训斯坦斯兰,你有何想法
I'm done with Harvey and his plans, yeah?
我不想再跟哈维掺和了,明白吗
You were there. We got fired too.
你当时在场,我们也被解雇了
You and Harvey still have jobs?
那你和哈维还有工作吗
He doesn't care about anybody but himself,
除了他自己,他谁也不在乎
including you, Mike.
包括你,迈克
Yeah. You're probably right.
是的,你也许是对的
But he did stick his neck out to keep your company here,
但是他的确冒着风险想保住你的公司
and he does have an idea that requires your help,
他也确实有个想法需要你的帮助
so you can stay here and call him an asshole,
所以你要么留在这里继续骂他
or you can come with me and we can help him.
要么和我来一起,助他一臂之力
Give me my goddamn shirt.
把我该死的衬衣给我
You know, it goes from 0 to 60—
你知道吗,它从0加速到60迈
in the blink of an eye.
只需眨眼之间
Did you bring me down here to tell me I can drive this?
你叫我来就是告诉我,我能开这辆车吗
Better.
还有好消息
For $250 million, you can own it.
只需两亿五千美金,你就可以买下来
McKernon Motors is for sale?
麦肯诺汽车公司在打折吗
If we act fast.
只要我们出手够快
I'll need to see the financials.
我要查看一下财政报告
You put together a letter of intent,
你整合一份意向书
they'll get you the financials.
他们就会给你财政报告了
You know, their real asset is engine quality.
他们公司真正的价值是引擎质量
I don't want to just buy the name.
我不想只买个牌子
Speak of the devil.
说曹操,曹操到
Laurence, I'd like you to meet the man responsible
劳伦斯,我想为你介绍一下麦肯诺汽车公司
for every McKernon Motors engine ever built.
历代引擎的设计者
Dominic Barone. Very nice to meet you.
多米尼克·巴伦,很荣幸
Good to meet you.
我也是
I'd like to show you something if you have a minute.
如果你有空,我想带你看样东西
Absolutely.
当然可以
So how do we get an offer to the board
在明天前董事会投票批准合同之前
before they vote to ratify the deal tomorrow?
我们该怎样对他们报价
You're gonna go through those bylaws,
你再去仔细看一遍章程
and you're gonna figure something out.
想出点办法来
I don't have to look through them to figure it out,
我不用看一遍才能想到办法
because I just did.
因为我看过了
Well, what took you so long?
怎么那么久
You trying to look like me?
你在模仿我吗
Each of you have 24 hours
各位有24小时
to review the documents in front of you,
来审阅你们面前的文件
so at this time...
所以此时此刻
Excuse me. Excuse me.
抱歉,打扰一下
What is he doing here?
他在这里干什么
I'm sorry. I'm gonna take care of this.
抱歉,我来处理
No, no, I will.
不,不,我来
You gentlemen have no right to attend this meeting.
你们各位无权出席本次会议
Actually, we do.
事实上,我们有权出席
The bylaw states that any original employee
章程明规定,任何初始雇员
has the right to petition the board any time they meet.
都有权随时向董事会提出申请
Dominic Barone has assigned that right to me.
多米尼克·巴伦已授权于我
He was fired.
他已经被解雇了
He no longer has that right.
他没有那样的权利
Per section 17-5, point "C,"
第17章5节C款规定
Dominic wasn't given three days' notice,
多米尼克未在解雇前三天收到通知
so technically he wasn't fired.
严格来说他还没被解雇
Which is why I do have the right to urge the board
所以我有权敦促董事会
to accept the offer for the purchase of McKernon Motors.
接受对麦肯诺汽车公司的报价
Now, I can tell you that this offer
我可以告诉各位,本次收购
will keep manufacturing here and save jobs
将会保留工厂生产和工作机会
while retaining the flagship engine that put this company on the map,
同时保留将公司推向世界的旗舰引擎
but I don't have to,
但我无需如此
because it happens to be for way more goddamn money
因为碰巧有个机会能让在座各位
than the one in front of you right now.
获得更多的利润
Hey, Bob. How are ya?
鲍勃,你好吗
It's funny how you held out on me
那个适当通知的例外情况
on that proper notice exception.
你居然对我有所隐瞒
I didn't hold out.
我没隐瞒
I made that up on the spot.
我当场编的
Really? On the spot?
真的,当场吗
Remember that getting it stuff—
记住要学习
I know, right? I'm getting it.
我懂,我在学
Well, I was gonna say that, but now you ruined it.
我正准备说,但现在被你吐槽了
That's one thing you definitely get.
那是你唯一学到的
How to ruin it.
怎么吐槽
How to ruin it?
怎么吐槽
I heard that.
我听见了
I have to admit, you don't suck.
我得承认,你没那么糟糕
I wish I could say the same for you.
我希望也能对你做出同样的评价
Time to pay the Piper. Just so you know,
该付钱了,告诉你一声
I took the liberty of ordering some really expensive wines.
我过了一把随便点好酒的瘾
Hope that's okay.
希望你不介意
Sorry, sir, but the check's been paid for in full
抱歉,先生,账单已由哈维·斯佩克特
by a Harvey Specter.
全部付清
There, uh, might have been some gluten in the ravioli.
馄饨里貌似有点谷蛋白
I hear McKernon Motors is getting a new owner.
我听说麦肯诺汽车公司有新总裁了
We're not only handling the sale,
我们不仅要负责销售
but with the expansion plan they're putting in place,
还要负责他们正在准备的扩展计划
our billables should double.
我们的佣金可以翻倍了
Nicely done.
做得好
I did it for the firm.
为公司效劳
What are you doing here?
你过来干什么
You were right.
你说得对
I should never have kept it from you
我不该对你有所保留
that Trevor was dealing all that time.
特雷弗一直都在贩毒
Well, I mean, it's, uh...
我说,那个...
It's all in the past, right?
都过去了,对吗
No.
没有
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
He's lying to you.
他骗了你
He's still dealing.
他还在贩毒
And I'm done with him.
我和他一刀两断了
Son of a bitch.
混蛋
Well, thank you, uh, for telling me.
谢谢你告诉了我
No, don't. Stop.
别,别这样
We're even.
我们扯平了
And that is the last time I am ever ratting on anyone.
这也是我最后一次告发别人
So if you fall for it again...
如果你再上当
It's on you.
只能怪你自己了
Are you angry with me?
你生我的气了吗
You told me he would listen to me.
你说他会听我的
I thought he would. Well, he didn't.
我以为他会,他不会
I...
我...
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm s-I'm sorry.
对不起
No, I can't.
不,我不能
I can't.
不能这样
What?
什么
No, I-I fought with him.
不,我和他吵了一架
Oh, God.
天啊
This is too much.
这样太过了 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sssx/sssx1/397457.html |