异类之不一样的成功启示录 第133期:改进舒缓语气的使用方式(在线收听) |
Combating mitigation has become one of the great crusades in commercial aviation over the past fifteen years. 在过去的15年里,飞行界最大的变革就是改进舒缓语气的使用方式。
Every major airline now has what is called "Crew Resource Management" training,
目前每个主要航线都为队员提供“人力资源管理”培训,
which is designed to teach junior crew members how to communicate clearly and assertively.
培训的主要目的就是便于让下级可以更直接果断地同上级沟通。
For example, many airlines teach a standardized procedure for copilots to challenge the pilot if he or she thinks something has gone terribly awry.
举例来说,每个航线都会教授副驾一套标准的沟通程序。当他们发现问题时,就主动向机长提出意见。
"Captain, I'm concern about..."
“机长,我认为…… ”
Then, "Captain, I'm uncomfortable with..."
然后,“机长,我感到不舒服因为…… ”
And if the captain still doesn't respond, "Captain, I believe the situation is unsafe."
并且如果机长仍然没有作出反应,“机长,我认为我们正在处在危险之中。”
And if that fails, the first official is required to take over the airplane.
如果还是没有效果,那么副驾就要接替机长来驾驶飞机。
Aviation experts will tell you that it is the success of this war on mitigation as much as anything else that accounts for the extraordinary decline in airline accidents in recent years.
飞行专家将会告诉你,近些年来,在飞机出现意外情况的最后关头,这种渐进性的建议程序,同其他的挽救措施一样,起到了同样的作用。
"On a very simple level,
“从简单之处着手,
one of the things we insist upon at my airline is that the first official and the captain call each other by their first names," Ratwatte said.
我们阿拉伯皇家航空公司一直都坚持副驾和机长之间以姓氏来称呼。”怀特瓦特说,
"We think that helps.
“我们认为这很有帮助,
It's just harder to say, 'Captain, you are doing something wrong,' than to use a name."
当副驾指出错误时,比起称呼姓名,他很难开口说,“机长,你错了”。
Ratwatte took mitigation very seriously.
怀特瓦特认为舒缓语气是件不容忽视的问题,
You couldn't be a student of the Avianca crash and not feel that way.
每一个了解阿维安卡事故的人都会受到很大触动。
He went on, "One thing I personally try to do is, I try to put myself a little down.
“在工作中,我一直保持低调,
I say to my copilots, I don't fly very often.
我对我的机组人员说,‘我飞行次数不多,
Three or four times a month.
一个月只有三、四次而已,
You fly a lot more.
你可能飞得更多。
If you see me doing something stupid, it's because I don't fly very often.
因此如果你认为我做的某个决策是错误的,那是因为我飞的不够多,
So tell me. Help me out.
所以请告诉我,帮助我。’
Hopefully, that helps some speak up."
很有可能,这会让他们讲出自己的想法。”
Back to the cockpit of Avianca 052.
让我们再回到阿维安卡52航班的驾驶舱看看。
The plane is now turning away from Kennedy, after the aborted first attempt at landing.
当飞机第一次着陆失败,飞机飞离肯尼迪机场时,
Klotz has just been on the radio with ATC, trying to figure out when they can land again.
克鲁兹曾同ATC通话,询问再次着陆的时间。
Caviedes turns to him.
卡维德转向克鲁兹。
Caviedes: What did he say?
卡维德:“他说什么?”
Klotz: I already advise him that we're going to attempt again because now we can't..."
克鲁兹:“我已经向他提出建议,让我们再试着着陆,因为我们现在已经不能……”
Four seconds of silence pass.
四秒钟的沉默。
Caviedes: Advise him we are in emergency.
卡维德:“告诉他,我们处在危急之中。”
Four more seconds of silence pass.
又一段四秒种的沉默。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/cgqsl/398617.html |