职场英文口语 第114期:项目管理(2)(在线收听) |
Are we playing baseball? ! 我们在打棒球吗?
No Anna! Touch base.
不,安娜!谈一谈。
He wants to catch up with you, probably to see how you're getting on.
他想要和你谈谈情况,可能是看看你的进展如何。
Go on Anna, let's see what he has to say.
去吧,安娜,看看他要说什么。
Oh I see.
我懂了。
That door doesn't lock does it?
那门没锁吧?
No, I don't think so.
没有。
Right Anna. Biscuit?
好吧,安娜,吃饼干吗?
These new peanut ones are quite nice.
这些新的花生饼干很好吃。
So how are things with the project?
所以项目怎么样了?
Well, I've done some cold calling and have an order from a company in France.
我打了一些意外访问电话并且拿下了一家法国公司的订单。
I see. Very impressive but have they signed on the dotted line yet?
我明白了。很不错,但是他们签合同了吗?
The dotted line?
虚线?
Have they actually signed the contract yet?
他们签合同了吗?
Well, no, but… - …that's the problem.
没有,但……-这就是问题。
There's a rival company who's also targeting the European market called Tutti Fruity - and they'll do anything to steal our customers.
Tutti Fruity是我们的竞争对手,他们也瞄准了欧洲市场,他们会尽可能的抢走我们的客户。
Oh I see.
我懂了。
So, to keep our head above water, we need a clear strategy… and that's why I've put you in charge.
所以为了生存下去,我们需要明确的战略,因此我让你负责。
So what shall we do?
我们应该怎么做?
I've a feeling Paul hasn't a clue – that's why he wants you to come up with the ideas.
我感觉保罗没有一点想法,所以他想让你出谋划策。
I think you're right – but I don't know what to say.
我想你是对的,但是我不知道该说什么。
Tell him we need to price the rivals out of the market, that means offer the lowest prices so nobody wants to buy plastic fruit from our rivals.
告诉他,我们要用价格把对手赶出市场,意思是提供最低的价格,这样就没人从我们的对手那里买塑料水果了。
You could say that we need to corner the market, that means Tip Top Trading dominates the plastic fruit market.
你可以说我们要垄断市场,意思是Tip Top Trading将在塑料水果市场占支配地位。
Oh, thanks. That's very useful.
谢谢,这很有用。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zcywky/400693.html |