欧美名人演讲 第13期:威廉王子向中国人发表关爱野生动物演讲(1)(在线收听) |
Ladies and gentlemen, Never before have we had so many different ways to talk to one another. 女士们,先生们。我们同彼此交流的途径从未像今天这样多元化。
In the distant past, written documents would be carried by hand across thousands of miles from China to Western Europe.
在遥远的古代,人么需要亲手将书面文件从中国运送到数千里外的西欧。
Today, we access knowledge from all over the world, through our mobile phones, at the tap of a key.
如今我们可以通过手机上的一个按键,获取来自全世界的知识。
Wherever you are watching this programme—whether in this hall, at work, with your friends, or at home with your families; Xiexie (thank you)
无论你们在哪里收看这期节目,是今天在这座大厅里,还是正在工作,是跟朋友在一起,还是在家中陪伴着家人。
Hen gaoxing he ni jianmian (I'm pleased to meet you)
谢谢,很高兴和你们见面。
Thank you for welcoming me into your homes.
感谢你们欢迎我来到你们的家。
Many of the most important conversations we have in our lives, take place in the family home.
我们人生中很多最重要的谈话都是在家中发生的。
The home is where we learn from our parents and grandparents,
家是我们向父母与祖父母学习的地方。
teach our own children, and share our stories and hopes for the future.
是我们教育子女的地方,是我们分享人生故事、共同憧憬未来的地方。
It is where many of our ideas and values are first kindles.
它是我们许多理念与价值,初次被点燃的地方。
In that spirit, there is one subject I believe we have to discuss, around our family tables and across the generations.
本着这一精神,我相信有一个主题是我们必须要在家中餐桌旁,几代人共同讨论的。
It concerns the future, and I know the Chinese are a far-sighted people.
它关乎未来,而我知道中国人民是充满远见的。
It concerns particularly the environment, and I know that protecting China's rich and beautiful natural heritage is important to all Chinese families.
它尤为关乎我们的环境,而我知道保护中国富饶又美丽的环境遗产对所有中国家庭来说都是重要的议题。
It is the mass destruction and trafficking of iconic endangered species.
现在我们需要探讨一下大规模杀伤和贩运标志性濒危物种的话题了。
And it is time to talk about the growing human demand for illegal wildlife products that drives the trade and makes it profitable.
我们需要探讨一下,正是因为人们对这些濒危物种制品的需求不断增加才驱动了贩卖野生动植物的交易,提高了它的经济价值。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/oumryj/405192.html |