乔布斯传 第295期:罗曼史(5)(在线收听

   She recalled their Paris moment in a poignant email she sent to him twenty-five years later,

  25年之后,她在给他的一封令人心酸的邮件中追忆了在巴黎的那一幕。
  after they had gone their separate ways but retained their spiritual connection.
  他们后来分开了,却一直保持着精神交流。
  We were on a bridge in Paris in the summer of 1985. It was overcast.
  1985年夏,我们在巴黎的一座桥上。阴天。
  We leaned against the smooth stone rail and stared at the green water rolling on below.
  我们倚在光滑的石栏上,看着绿色的水从桥下流过。
  Your world had cleaved and then it paused, waiting to rearrange itself around whatever you chose next.
  你的世界破裂了,停滞了,等着你选择方向再重新安排。
  I wanted to run away from what had come before.
  我想逃离过去遇到的一切。
  I tried to convince you to begin a new life with me in Paris,
  我试图说服你跟我一起在巴黎开始新的生活,
  to shed our former selves and let something else course through us.
  抛下我们过去的自我,体验别样的人生。
  双语有声读物 乔布斯传
  I wanted us to crawl through that black chasm of your broken world and emerge,
  我希望我们可以穿越你那破碎的世界黑暗的深渊,走出来,
  anonymous and new, in simple lives where I could cook you simple dinners and we could be together every day,
  隐姓埋名,重新开始,过简单的生活,我为你做晚餐,我们可以每天厮守,
  like children playing a sweet game with no purpose save the game itself.
  就像孩子玩一个美妙的游戏,没有任何目的,只为了游戏本身的快乐。
  I like to think you considered it before you laughed and said "What could I do? I've made myself unemployable."
  我多希望你能先想一想再大笑着说,“我能干什么呢?我已经把自己槁得没人敢用了。”
  I like to think that in that moment's hesitation before our bold futures reclaimed us,
  我多希望在我们被冷酷的未来俘虏之前,在那一刻的犹豫不决中,
  we lived that simple life together all the way into our peaceful old ages,
  我们选择了一直过那种简单的生活直到我们平静的晚年,
  with a brood of grandchildren around us on a farm in the south of France,
  在法国南部的一处农场,儿孙绕膝,尽享天伦,
  quietly going about our days, warm and complete like loaves of fresh bread,
  日子像新鲜出炉的面包那么温暖充实,
  our small world filled with the aroma of patience and familiarity.
  我们小小的世界里弥漫着耐心和熟悉的芳香。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/410493.html