乔布斯传 第301期:劳伦·鲍威尔(3)(在线收听) |
Avie Tevanian was sitting at the winery restaurant waiting with the rest of the NeXT education group. 阿维·泰瓦尼安坐在酒庄的餐厅,与NeXT教育销售团队的其他人一起等着乔布斯。 "Steve was sometimes unreliable, but when I talked to him I realized that something special had come up," he said. “史蒂夫有时候是不靠谱,但是我跟他通话的时候,就意识到确有什么特别的事情发生了。”他说。
As soon as Powell got home, after midnight, she called her close friend Kathryn (Kat) Smith, 午夜之后,鲍威尔一到家,就给她最好的朋友凯瑟琳(凯特)·史密斯打电话,
who was at Berkeley, and left a message on her machine. 当时她在伯克利读书,并在她的答录机上留言说:
"You will not believe what just happened to me!" it said. “你不会相信我刚才碰上了什么事!
"You will not believe who I met!" 你不会相信我遇到谁了!”
Smith called back the next morning and heard the tale. 史密斯第二天早上回电话,了解了事情的经过。
"We had known about Steve, and he was a person of interest to us, because we were business students," she recalled. “我们之前就知道史蒂夫,他是我们感兴趣的人,因为我们是商科学生。”她回忆说。
Andy Hertzfeld and a few others later speculated that Powell had been scheming to meet Jobs. 安迪·赫茨菲尔德等人后来推测,鲍威尔是有意安排了跟乔布斯的相遇。
"Laurene is nice, but she can be calculating, and I think she targeted him from the beginning," Hertzfeld said. “劳伦人很好,但是她可能会算计,我想她一开始就锁定了他。”赫茨菲尔德说,
"Her college roommate told me that Laurene had magazine covers of Steve and vowed she was going to meet him. “她的大学室友告诉我,劳伦收集有史蒂夫的杂志封面,发誓说她一定会遇到他。
If it's true that Steve was manipulated, there is a fair amount of irony there." 如果史蒂夫真的被算计了,可真够讽刺的。”
But Powell later insisted that this wasn't the case. 但是劳伦后来坚持说不是那么回事。
She went only because her friend wanted to go, and she was slightly confused as to who they were going to see. 她去参加那个讲座只是因为她的朋友想去,而且她都有点儿搞不清要见的人长什么样。
"I knew that Steve Jobs was the speaker, but the face I thought of was that of Bill Gates," she recalled. “我知道演讲人是史蒂夫·乔布斯,但我脑子里想的是比尔·盖茨,”她回忆说,
"I had them mixed up. This was 1989. He was working at NeXT, and he was not that big of a deal to me. “我把他们搞混了。那是1989年。他在NeXT工作,对我来说他还没什么大不了的。
I wasn't that enthused, but my friend was, so we went." 我热情不高,但是我的朋友想去,于是我们就去了。”
"There were only two women in my life that I was truly in love with, Tina and Laurene," Jobs later said. “我一生中真正爱过的只有两个女人,蒂娜和劳伦。”乔布斯后来说,
"I thought I was in love with Joan Baez, but I really just liked her a lot. It was just Tina and then Laurene." “我原来以为我爱琼·贝兹,但我其实只是很喜欢她。我爱的,只有蒂娜和劳伦。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/411419.html |