夏洛的网 第153期:多里安医生(7)(在线收听

   "Do you understand how there could be any writing in a spider's web?" “明白蜘蛛网上怎么会有字。”

  "Oh, no," said Dr. Dorian. "I don't understand it. “噢,不,”多里安医生说,“我不明白。
  But for that matter I don't understand how a spider learned to spin a web in the first place. 可说到这件事,我首先就不明白,蜘蛛是怎么学会结网的。
  When the words appeared, everyone said they were a miracle. 那些字的出现,大家说是奇迹。
  But nobody pointed out that the web itself is a miracle." 不过没有人指出,蜘蛛网本身就是一个奇迹。”
  "What's miraculous about a spider's web?" said Mrs. Arable. “蜘蛛网有什么奇迹呢?”阿拉布尔太太说,
  "I don't see why you say a web is a miracle - it's just a web." “我不明白你为什么说蜘蛛网是个奇迹——就是一张蜘蛛网罢了。”
  "Ever try to spin one?" asked Dr. Dorian. “你试过结网吗?”多里安医生问道。
  Mrs. Arable shifted uneasily in her chair. 阿拉布尔太太在她的椅子上不自在地动着身子。
  "No," she replied. “没有,”她回答说,
  "But I can crochet a doily and I can knit a sock." “不过我会编织小餐巾,也会编织短袜子。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/415330.html