打工姐妹花第二季 第24期:弄巧成拙(在线收听

   No, see, we already met Martha. We're just stopping by to say hi. 不是的,我们以前跟玛莎见过面。现在只是过来跟她问声好。

  You've already met Martha. You're just stopping by to say hi. 你们以前跟玛莎见过面,现在只是过来跟她问声好。
  Yes. Martha Stewart asked us for our card. 对。玛莎·斯图尔特要了我们的名片。
  Martha Stewart asked you for your card. 玛莎·斯图尔特要了你们的名片。
  And where should I tell Martha she asked for your card? 那我能问下玛莎在哪里要了你们的名片吗
  In the ladies' room. 女厕所
  Martha Stewart asked you for your card in the ladies' room. 玛莎·斯图尔特在女厕所要了你们的名片
  Okay. Don't make it sound like that. It happened. 好吧。别说得好像是我们瞎掰的,事实就是如此。
  We cornered her in the ladies' room and-- 我们在女厕所堵她,然后...
  Okay, don't make it sound like that either. 好了,也别说成是这样
  We went to a gala on the off chance that she would be gracious enough to try one of our cupcakes and she did. 我们去晚会上碰运气,希望玛莎能和蔼地尝一个我们做的小蛋糕,结果她的确尝了。
  She was very gracious. 她十分和蔼可亲
  Yeah, maybe cornered was the wrong word. It's not like we went there to hunt her down. 对啊,或许"堵"这个词用得不太对。我们又不是去那里追捕她。
  It's not like you went there to hunt her down. It's not. 你们又不是去那里追捕她。真的不是。
  Okay, I hear your tone. I see what's going down here. 好吧,我听出你的语气。知道你的把戏是什么了。
  You think I'm some kind of a problem. Well, for the record, Martha came on to me. 你觉得我们是来找麻烦的。我要声明一句,是玛莎先撩我的。
  All right. Okay. This is not going as well as we had hoped. 好吧,算了。此行不如我们预期般顺利。
  Don't know how it could without my magic pearls. 没了我的魔法项链,果然一事无成
  Okay, look. I get that you're not gonna let us up there. 好吧,听着。我明白你不会放我们进去。
  And I don't blame you, what, with this one talking about magic. 我也不怪你,因为这家伙在扯什么魔法。
  But just so you know, we are not lying. It happened. 但我得澄清,我们没有说谎。确有此事。
  And after we hunted her down-- Because, yeah, you got us on that, we did-- 在我们逮到她后--没错,是你让我们不得不说出实话--
  Martha told us she liked our entrepreneurial drive. 玛莎对我们说她喜欢我们俩白手起家的精神。
  Well, that does sound like Martha. Okay, I'll send these up. Have a seat. 这话的确像是玛莎会说的。好吧,我帮你们送上去,先请坐吧。
  Ahh, thank you so much. 太谢谢你了
  And here, uh, please take one. Just so you can see for yourself why Martha asked for our card. 给,你拿一个试试吧。这样你也能亲自验证下为什么玛莎会要我们的名片。
  Well, I was gonna get a cupcake from that cute machine downstairs later. 好吧,我本来也打算等会去楼下机器弄个小蛋糕吃。
  Oh, don't. I heard someone found something nasty in that... in about an hour. Max. 千万别去。我听说,"一个小时后"有人会在里面发现怪东西呢。麦克斯。
  And this is our beer batter maple bacon spring break cupcake. 这是我们的酒混面粉加枫蜜培根的特制春假小蛋糕
  I can see why Martha-ow! What the-- I cracked my tooth! 我知道为什么玛莎会...什么...我牙齿裂了
  What? Oh! What is that? Is it-- Is that glass? 什么?什么东西啊,是...是玻璃吗?
  No, it's a pearl. I'm so sorry. 不是,是珍珠。真抱歉。
  Sorry? You're sorry? I've been wearing invisaligns for 11 months! 抱歉,抱歉有屁用?我都戴了11个月的透明矫正器了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dgjmh/dgjmh2/417906.html