实战口语情景对话 第122期:生活在爱达荷 Life in Idaho(在线收听) |
Todd:OK, so we're here. Do you want to go ahead and introduce yourself to the listener? 好,我们就在这儿。你想走到台前向听众介绍一下你自己吗?
Roe:OK, my name is Hiroe Hashi. I've lived in America for about seven and a half years. I lived in Italy for two years.
好的,我叫Hiroe Hashi.我在美国住了七年半,在意大利住了两年。
Todd:Wow! You lived in Italy too.
哇!你还在意大利住过啊!
Roe:Right, right. So all together I've lived in a foreign country for nine and a half years.
是的,是的。所以总共算下来我在国外住了九年半。
Todd:Wow! That's amazing. So did you live in America before you lived in Italy? 哇!太惊人了!那你在意大利住之前就在美国住过吗? Roe:I was in Italy when I was 9 years old, no actually 7 years old to 9 years old. 9岁就在意大利了,实际上没到9岁,7岁到9岁之间。
Todd:Did you learn Italian?
你学过意大利语吗?
Roe:A little bit. Basicallyslangs.
一点点。基本的俚语。
Todd:Wow, so then how old were you when you moved to America?
哇,那你搬到美国的时候你多大?
Roe:Yeah, I was 17. I was on a exchange program for when I went to Idaho.
恩我17。在我去爱达荷州的时候我在参加一个交流项目。
Todd:Wow, what did you think when you first got to America?
哇,你第一次到美国的时候感觉怎么样?
Roe:OK. I bought new clothing cause my image was like L.A., New York, but it was Idaho, but I didn't know what toexpect, and I got off from the airplane and I said to myself, "Oh, my god!". There was nothing there.
恩。因为我的着装风格比较像洛杉矶和纽约的,所以我买了新衣服。但我现在要去爱达荷州,我不知道会发生什么,但在我下飞机的那一刻我对自己说了句:“哦,我的天呐”。这儿什么都没有。
Todd:Yeah, so was it flat. Was it flat.
是的,的确很空很平。
Roe:It was flat. I saw, There was...I remember the sun going down cause it was nothing, really nothing: a flat space, 360 degrees, an airport, cowboys.
它是平的。我看见那有……我记得太阳下山就因为那儿什么都没有,真的是什么都没有。平面空间,360度,一个机场还有牛仔。
Todd:Cowboys!
牛仔!
Roe:Potatoes. Real Cowboys. Spuds.
土豆。真正的牛仔。土豆。
Todd:So Idaho is cowboys and potatoes.
所以爱达荷州就有牛仔和土豆。
Roe:Exactly. That's all. About.
确实是。就是这样。
Todd:Do you still like potatoes?
你还喜欢土豆吗?
Roe:I stopped eating spuds since I came back cause I ate it everyday. You go to 31 Ice-cream shop and there they have spuds ice-cream.
自打我回来就没再吃过土豆,因为那个时候天天吃。你去冰激凌商店的时候,那儿会有土豆冰激凌。
Todd:Wow. So spud means potato.
哇。所以说spud就是土豆。
Roe:Yeah, spud, it's like Idaho English.
是的,土豆,它是爱达荷英语。
Todd:Wow. And how about cowboys. Did you become a real cowboy?
哇,那牛仔呢?你变成一个真正的牛仔了吗?
Roe:I started to grow my hair, cause if you had short hair, people used to call you like a new-waver, like faggots. It was kind of a little disaster for somebody different to live.
我开始留头发了,因为如果你是短头发,人们习惯叫你新的动摇者,比如同性恋。收到他人的区别对待对我是一种灾难。
Todd:Yeah, for sure, that would be reallyharsh. So tell me about your family.
是的,确实,那太残酷了。那给我讲讲你的家庭吧。
Roe:My family! I have two brothers and a sister, and my fatherpassed awaythree years ago and my mom is working.
我的家庭!我有两个哥哥和一个姐姐,父亲三年前就去世了,母亲还在工作。
Todd:OK, Do youmissidaho?
好的,你会想念爱达荷州吗?
Roe:Friends. I've made some best friends in Idaho actually.
会想念朋友。事实上,我在那儿交了好多朋友。
Todd:Really.
真的啊。
Roe:Yeah, actually, I've lived in L.A., Washington State, but Idaho.
是的,确实是,除了爱达荷我还在洛杉矶和华盛顿州住过。
Todd:When is the last time you were in Idaho?
你最后在爱达荷州是什么时候?
Roe:When I, that's when I finished my program, so a long time ago. 10, wow, 12, 13 years ago.
当我,就是在我完成我项目的时候,所以应该是很久以前,10年,哇,12,13年前吧。
Todd:Wow, that is a long time. OK, and where do you live now?
哇,那是很长一段时间了。好,那你现在住在哪了呢?
Roe:I live in Yokohama.
我住在横滨。
Todd:Yokohama 横滨。
From: http://www.hxen.com/oralenglish/shizhan/2015-12-04/409962.html |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/424900.html |