实战口语情景对话 第238期:Great Fruit 丰富的水果(在线收听

 Todd: Hey, Lois, why don't you have a plum! 

托德:嗨,洛伊丝,来个李子吃吧!
Lois: Oh, thank you very much. Lovely! 
洛伊丝:哦,非常谢谢你。好吃!
Todd: You like plums? 
托德:你喜欢吃李子?
Lois: I love all fruits, but plums especially. 
洛伊丝:所有的水果我都爱吃,不过特别喜欢李子。
Todd: Oh, there goes the water. 
托德:哦,它们富含水分。
Lois: It's very juicy. 
洛伊丝:有很多果汁。
Todd: It is juicy. How does it taste? 
托德:有很多果汁。味道怎么样?
Lois: Mm, it tastes sweet, very refreshing. 
洛伊丝:嗯,是甜的,非常清新的味道。
Todd: Mm, I love plums. 
托德:嗯,我喜欢李子。
Lois: Yeah, me too. 
洛伊丝:我也喜欢。
Todd: Guess how much this box cost? 
托德:你猜这盒李子要多少钱?
Lois: I'm thinking it's probably quite expensive, so in yen, maybe 1,000 yen. 
洛伊丝:我想可能会非常贵,大概1000日元吧。
Todd: Ah, yeah, pretty close. It cost 900 yen for 8 plums. 
托德:对,差不多。这8个李子就要900日元。
Lois: Very expensive in Japan. 
洛伊丝:日本的价格真的很贵。
Todd: I know it's crazy. In America you can get this for like maybe 200 yen. Not even that, maybe 100 yen. 
托德:我知道,这很让人抓狂。在美国的话,这些大概200日元就能买到。可能都不用,100日元就能买到。
Lois: In England it's cheap but probably not as cheap as in America. I think maybe because we have to import everything. It's slightly more expensive. 
洛伊丝:在英国李子很便宜,不过不像美国那么便宜。我想,可能是因为我们所有的东西都要靠进口。所以会有些贵。
Todd: Actually, that's a good question. What fruits do you grow in England? 
托德:实际上,这是个很好的问题。英国种植什么水果?
Lois: Apples and Apples and maybe pears and... 
洛伊丝:苹果,可能还有梨……
Todd: No coconuts? 
托德:没有椰子吗?
Lois: No coconuts. No bananas. and maybe we grow plums. I don't know. 
洛伊丝:没有椰子。没有香蕉。可能我们种李子,我不清楚。
Todd: It looks like a very English fruit. 
托德:那看上去像英国的代表水果。
Lois: But definitely apples. 
洛伊丝:那绝对是苹果。
Todd: Or strawberries? 
托德:或者草莓?
Lois: Strawberries, oh yeah. Lots of strawberries and tomatoes but maybe they're a vegetable some people say fruit. Some people say vegetable. But lots of tomatoes. And I'm sure lots of other things but, I just know about apples. 
洛伊丝:草莓,对,没错。英国种植很多草莓和土豆,不过可能它们属于蔬菜,有些人说它们是水果,有些人说是蔬菜。不过英国种植大量的土豆。我确定还种植大量的其他作物,不过我只知道苹果。
Todd: What's your favorite fruit? 
托德:你最喜欢的水果是什么?
Lois: My favorite fruit! I really like pineapples, and I also like strawberries. Strawberries and cream. It's one of my favorite desserts. 
洛伊丝:我最喜欢的水果!我非常喜欢菠萝,我还喜欢草莓。草莓奶油是我最喜欢的甜点之一。
Todd: Yeah, so have you ever been to Wimbleton and had strawberries and cream? 
托德:嗯,你去温布登吃过草莓奶油吗?
Lois: I haven't. I'd love to go. But strawberries and cream at Wimbleton are so expensive. I don't know how much but really, really expensive. 
洛伊丝:没有。我很想去。不过温布登的草莓奶油非常贵。我不清楚具体的价格,不过真的很贵。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425242.html